2024 3rd round #82 is Tip Reiman TE

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Inline TEs who can play in the run game and are capable in the passing game are quite valuable to teams with an identity it seems we are building.... Physical and athletic at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

Cant tell you how long I've wanted a real identity like that. Just hoping we're able to cultivate the raw talent and build them up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't judge TEs on college production, a lot of schemes massively under utilize them in the passing game.

Very rare combination of size and athleticism. He's only 20lbs off being in the tackle weight window but runs faster than Zaven Collins.

He's a great addition for our scheme.

This is a guy that's going to outweigh and out athlete most DEs he's asked to block. Absolute unicorn.

Love this pick.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Round 3, No. 82 (from Indianapolis Colts): Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

My take: Reiman could fill a need for the Cardinals if he blocks in the NFL like he blocked in college. With Arizona letting tight end Geoff Swaim walk in free agency, Arizona has an opening for a blocking tight end, and Reiman -- though he'll have some competition for that spot -- fits the bill. He's 6-foot-5 and 271 pounds, and said his favorite part of being a blocking tight end is mauling someone.

Key stat: 0. Reiman did not allow a single sack last season at Illinois and allowed two pressures. In the run game, he had just three blown blocks.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Funny how Corum was picked by the Rams right after this pick. They were 10-7 last season, McVay has made playoffs 5 of his 7 seasons as the Rams HC. Meanwhile, the Cards make picks the best blocking TE in college. The Cards better go DL in 7th round just to find that hidden gem to stop the Rams running attack. But they go Davis at cb instead. That secondary is going to be so tired, worn out with receivers running around longer than average.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Funny how Corum was picked by the Rams right after this pick. They were 10-7 last season, McVay has made playoffs 5 of his 7 seasons as the Rams HC. Meanwhile, the Cards make picks the best blocking TE in college. The Cards better go DL in 7th round just to find that hidden gem to stop the Rams running attack. But they go Davis at cb instead. That secondary is going to be so tired, worn out with receivers running around longer than average.
I think Davis will contribute on special teams if he starts on the 53.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of the sudden Geoff Swaim is a difference maker?

I liked Swaim, I thought he did a decent job. I hope they bring him back when he's healthy. He had a leg injury late in the year which I assume why he's still FA.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's gonna be a fan favorite. A little early? Maybe. But this guy LOVES to block, loves it. We are building a real system and cultural mindset here with "violence." He's also a freak athlete, roadgrader, and will free up McBride to play the Kelce role to perfection. Add in that he can probably line up in the backfield as well as a FB type role.

And he's got a bit of the Kittle goofy aura.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have only seen a little of what he can do. Just the tip of the iceberg if you will.
what

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison