2024 7th round pick #226 is Jaden Davis CB

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe. But that hasn’t happened yet. Lots of hope about Rock Ya Sin and other jokers around here last year and we added no one of value after the draft.

Hopin Beej and Zaven combine for 22 sacks in 2024 legit plan leggo
Sure. But last year was also different in that it was pretty apparent we were going to accept tanking.

Looking back at where we picked and who was available after, I don't see a lot of guys we should have overwhelmingly took to replace Zaven at EDGE that are surefire fixes. Maybe we could have taken a Bralen Trice or Jonah Elliss? I liked Jalyx Hunt, but more in later rounds.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sure. But last year was also different in that it was pretty apparent we were going to accept tanking.

Looking back at where we picked and who was available after, I don't see a lot of guys we should have overwhelmingly took to replace Zaven at EDGE that are surefire fixes. Maybe we could have taken a Bralen Trice or Jonah Elliss? I liked Jalyx Hunt, but more in later rounds.
Zaven SUCKED at edge last year. We couldn’t get anyone to push Victor Dimukege. Embarrassing.

Beej and Zaven new Super Smash Bros gonna get 22+ sacks between them.

Do you really believe losing won’t be tolerated in 2024? We’re gonna have like 10 Rookies or second-year players starting.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Edge room is scary bad bro
Yeah, it does look a bit sketchy but I'm riding the draft high so Im feeling optimistic about Ojulari and Robinson. Plus I think Ralis will now have enough solid dudes to dial up some blitz packages.
I'll add this to Mulli's prediction thread, I see 50 sacks this season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Zaven SUCKED at edge last year. We couldn’t get anyone to push Victor Dimukege. Embarrassing.

Beej and Zaven new Super Smash Bros gonna get 22+ sacks between them.

Do you really believe losing won’t be tolerated in 2024? We’re gonna have like 10 Rookies or second-year players starting.
I think there's a difference between "tolerated" and "outright expected." The difference is that I believe there's just a better chance we do look for some additional players possibly, and now are more in the position where we expect to win 6-9 games. Last year it was clear we expected to be the worst team in the NFL.

I don't mean to imply things are in a good state at Edge, but that you can't really expect to solve everything all in one draft.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That would have been 5th in the NFL last year.

We had 33 and were 30th in the NFL
So the difference of a bottom feeder and top flight is basically 1 additional sack per game?

Based on the comments on this board you would think it would be far more.

Shutting down your opponents run game is far more important to the outcome of a game than sack numbers?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get this pick.

He's not a great corner. Not a great STs guy. And we have loads of CBs on the roster already.

Seems like a wasted pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So the difference of a bottom feeder and top flight is basically 1 additional sack per game?

Shutting down your opponents run game is far more important to the outcome of a game than sack numbers?
Pretty much. The Cards went through stretches where they had zero sacks per game last year.

Two years ago, the Falcons had an 18-sack season as a team. Oof.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, this is my point too. People on this board are ridiculously obsessed with sacks, and I don't think it is that important. Especially when you consider against the best O-lines the best pass rushing teams in the league can be completely nullified for whole games.

Personally I think good corners are more important than good pass rushers because they are always involved in the play because nobody is trying to block them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That 1 sack per game is often the culmination of four or five extra pressures too.

Occasionally you'll see a defense that gets sacks but not a ton of pressures. Those defenses tend to be pretty middling.

Shutting down no...I think a good NFL defense can get to the QB regularly and not be an embarrassment against the run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, this is my point too. People on this board are ridiculously obsessed with sacks, and I don't think it is that important. Especially when you consider against the best O-lines the best pass rushing teams in the league can be completely nullified for whole games.

Personally I think good corners are more important than good pass rushers because they are always involved in the play because nobody is trying to block them.
Meh the NY Giants Super Bowl teams had middling CBs and a great pass rush.

It's rare to find a good defense with good CB and a middling pass rush.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That 1 sack per game is often the culmination of four or five extra pressures too.

Occasionally you'll see a defense that gets sacks but not a ton of pressures. Those defenses tend to be pretty middling.

Shutting down no...I think a good NFL defense can get to the QB regularly and not be an embarrassment against the run.
Sacks are a lagging indicator. Pressures are a leading indicator. Teams with lots of pressures but few sacks are like to break through. Teams with high sack:pressure ratio are likely to regress the next year.

Pressures are also a good indicator of general disruptiveness, which passes on to the run game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't get this pick.

He's not a great corner. Not a great STs guy. And we have loads of CBs on the roster already.

Seems like a wasted pick.
Started For two high level programs. And we have a lot of bodies that can play cb but very little proven ability to play in nfl. Numbers are needed at the position.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta cut somebody, this is a UDFA lock. Not sure he makes it far. Seems an odd fit but they liked something about him.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison