2024 Free Agency thread

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have an open #2 spot open. I believe @Chopper0080 is right that we're looking for a 3rd WR with flexibility inside and outside.

Neither OBJ nor DJ Chark are all that interested in competing with Greg Dortch, I think. Especially in an offense that wants to run the ball a significant amount.
I think Chark would be worthy of and interested in competing with Wilson for the #2 role. At his best (2019) he's a 6'3" 1000 yard 8 TD Pro Bowl WR; at worst (2022-2023) he misses 6 games and puts up 500+ with 3-5 TDs - just like Wilson. Maybe the two of them together give the Cardinals a reliable #2.

Edit: nevermind - looks as though he just signed with the Chargers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Chark would be worthy of and interested in competing with Wilson for the #2 role. At his best (2019) he's a 6'3" 1000 yard 8 TD Pro Bowl WR; at worst (2022-2023) he misses 6 games and puts up 500+ with 3-5 TDs - just like Wilson. Maybe the two of them together give the Cardinals a reliable #2.

Edit: nevermind - looks as though he just signed with the Chargers.
Chark is a complete JAG though, and a low volume JAG to boot. I'm glad he isn't a Cardinal.

His career 55.4% doesn't move the needle much. He's Robbie Chosen.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought we were told that teams didn’t sign rookies for extensions before they were free agents.

Nope. Absolutely not what I said.

I said that players who are not already proven, ie they are not considered top 10 in the NFL, or have not made AP or PB are not signed in the 3rd year.

Massive JAGs like Zach Allen or Byron Murphy are never signed early. Players like St. Brown and Penei Sewell who have absolutely proven their worth should be signed early.

That's exactly what I said before, you can go back and check is you like.

Sad, but totally not unsurprising, that you would try to misrepresent what I said.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Absolutely not what I said.

I said that players who are not already proven, ie they are not considered top 10 in the NFL, or have not made AP or PB are not signed in the 3rd year.

Massive JAGs like Zach Allen or Byron Murphy are never signed early. Players like St. Brown and Penei Sewell who have absolutely proven their worth should be signed early.

That's exactly what I said before, you can go back and check is you like.

Sad, but totally not unsurprising, that you would try to misrepresent what I said.

He's the master of half the facts, half the story.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So...about Treylon Burks?
I watched a YouTube video made by a Titans fan who was arguing that circumstances (injuries) have been his primary issue.

Basically he gets hurt, then comes back and takes some time to get going, starts showing something, then misses games again.

I'd only go for a late round flyer on a guy like him, a conditional late round flyer at that.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched a YouTube video made by a Titans fan who was arguing that circumstances (injuries) have been his primary issue.

Basically he gets hurt, then comes back and takes some time to get going, starts showing something, then misses games again.

I'd only go for a late round flyer on a guy like him, a conditional late round flyer at that.
hard pass

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So...about Treylon Burks?

I'm always willing to give up conditional late round picks for guys that were once thought to be 1st round talent.

I never really liked Burks coming out, but at the very worst he's Chris Moore. I'm ok with giving up a 7th that might turn into a 6th.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer we let him leave! I think the Cardinals give him the best chance to reset his market next year, so I hope he's just doing his due diligence

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bummer we let him leave! I think the Cardinals give him the best chance to reset his market next year, so I hope he's just doing his due diligence

Indeed, we're in desperate need of adults in the room, and he won't be expensive.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I doubt he'll get more than 2 years or 5M per year, which should be very easy for us to manage.
He probably doesn't want two years.

It's either longer with bigger guarantees or a short deal to reset his market. He's not getting any younger.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outside of Jones and Thomas, the rest are probably only Pascal level players.

You could kick the tires on Renfrow (slot), MVS, or Corey Davis.

Corey Davis is better, larger Zay Jones that had a year off and will cost less money.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He probably doesn't want two years.

It's either longer with bigger guarantees or a short deal to reset his market. He's not getting any younger.
If he wants to reset his market, I can think of better places than the Cards.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet he doesn't leave KC. With Rice probably being suspended next season, they need him now.