Best Amare dunk?

What is your favorite Amare dunk? Was it when he dunked over...

• Olowakandi

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Josh Smith

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Tolliver

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Foyle

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other? (Must post video!)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The dunk over Tolliver the other night has been mentioned by a few sources as perhaps the finest dunk of his career. Do you agree?

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Olowokandi one is flawed because of the off arm, and the Foyle one is flawed because of the hip check. I gotta go with the Josh Smith, but Tolliver is second.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think you have to give The Tolliver dunk the nod for the significance it had on the game.

We lost the Foyle and Smith games IIRC.

Because the dunk was so vicious... And because of the way it turned the tide of the game.... It has to be the Tolliver dunk.

I remember all of them like it was yesterday..... He is such a beast.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My favorite will always be the Olowokandi dunk. The elevation and then marbury's face were priceless. I gotta admit, the Toliver dunk had great elevation too though. I didn't think Amare would ever be able to jump like he did before the knee surgeries but perhaps he has finally recovered his explosive vertical after all.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you have to give The Tolliver dunk the nod for the significance it had on the game.

We lost the Foyle and Smith games IIRC.

Because the dunk was so vicious... And because of the way it turned the tide of the game.... It has to be the Tolliver dunk.

I remember all of them like it was yesterday..... He is such a beast.

They did lose that GSW(and that may have not even been the best dunk on Foyle in that game) but they won the Hawks game. Amare had a decent dunk on Okafor the game before that Hawks game too. I liked the dunk he had on Jefferson a couple weeks ago.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Foster

Przybilla

At 7min another Amare on Foyle and the next one Amare on Skinner and another Buck

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he had another dunk against Foyle that was a two-handed, looming throw-down, off the break that's probably his best IMO. I've never seen anything like that one.

also had a couple incredible drive down the lane, reverse dunk over his head on Mutombo and Yao back in the day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least we know which Amare dunk Gentry feels was the best in the NBA this season. See Paul Coro's blog dated March 25th, 2010.

Gentry became active on his Twitter
recently, even Tweeting about Amar'e Stoudemire's dunk in Oakland. He wrote, "wow! Did you see Amare's dunk? Best one of the season in the NBA. If not, you have to tell me which dunk tops that one!!!"

I guess the Toliver dunk gains some traction.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Im voting for the Josh Smith dunk because Amare dunked on THE Josh Smith. the best shot blocker in the NBA, not some crummy D-Leaguer.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Tolliver dunk is #3, with the Jeff Foster and Foyle dunks being #1 and 1a.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Im voting for the Josh Smith dunk because Amare dunked on THE Josh Smith. the best shot blocker in the NBA, not some crummy D-Leaguer.

He had another dunk on Smith in that same game. Didn't have the same style but Smith was actually contesting the shot instead of just standing there.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
He had another dunk on Smith in that same game. Didn't have the same style but Smith was actually contesting the shot instead of just standing there.

Although it was an amazing dunk, was it a charge? I cant really tell. But who cares. Still my number one Amare dunk, followed by Tolliver.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it was an amazing dunk, was it a charge? I cant really tell. But who cares. Still my number one Amare dunk, followed by Tolliver.

His right foot is on the circle.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My favorite will always be the Olowokandi dunk. The elevation and then marbury's face were priceless. I gotta admit, the Toliver dunk had great elevation too though. I didn't think Amare would ever be able to jump like he did before the knee surgeries but perhaps he has finally recovered his explosive vertical after all.
This.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Olowokandi one is flawed because of the off arm, and the Foyle one is flawed because of the hip check. I gotta go with the Josh Smith, but Tolliver is second.

The Foyle one is the best because of the hip check. The one on Smith appears to have been the least difficult.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
His left hand is used so well in the Tolliver one. Plus there is some serious downward force. No sideways bullcrap.

Smith is just standing there. He knew better.

The Foyle dunk was awesome as well. I think Foyle made some great self-depricating quotes about it after the game.

I actually remember where I was when I saw that Kandi dunk. I woke my wife up I was yelling so loud. That was the day I knew Amare was special.