Clive Cussler Thread!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have read Pacific Vortex, Vallhalla Rising, Sahara, Flood Tide and just finished Raise The Titanic! I thought that Sahara is my favorite so far. I hear Raise The Titanic really sucks compared to the book! I was wondering if they do the nude scene with Dana Seagram or the love scence with Pitt and Seagram? I still don't know how you fix a bed, after scraping all the slime and gunk off it, when it was resting on the sea floor for seventy years!!! My imagination couldn't go that far!!! LOL! The young Dirk Pitt IS an A$$!! I like the older more refined Pitt. Although Giordino seems to be the same ol' Al all the way through!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never read any of Cussler's books, but my Dad read some and liked them.

Sahara is next in line to be a movie. They're trying to get a Dirk Pitt franchise going ala James Bond. Matthew McConaughey is set to play the lead, replacing Hugh Jackson (Wolverine from the X-Men).

http://movies.hsx.com/servlet/SecurityDetail?symbol=SAHAR

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mostly enjoy the Cussler books. I usually read them when I am traveling - they are great books to read on an airplane to pass time. You have to suspend a little of your rational thoughts (especially if you are a history buff), but he generally weaves good tales.

Sahara is a good book - and one that should translate well to the big screen.