Issue with firing Wilks

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is that there could be possibly 10 other teams looking for HC's this offseason with many of those teams more attractive than AZ. I agree Wilks should be canned, he looks lost, I think he's lost the team, but there may be slim pickings for HC's next season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is that there could be possibly 10 other teams looking for HC's this offseason with many of those teams more attractive than AZ. I agree Wilks should be canned, he looks lost, I think he's lost the team, but there may be slim pickings for HC's next season.
Maybe be like the Browns and get a head start on the search.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB should already be working on a replacement for Wilks especially if he does keep Keim. They can begin a search without really making official contact until the season is over.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Regardless, you can’t bring Wilks back next season. At all. It’s the chance you have to take. Remember, in 2013, there were 8 coaching vacancies and we ended up with Arians, who turned out to be one of the better coaches in that class.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Regardless, you can’t bring Wilks back next season. At all. It’s the chance you have to take. Remember, in 2013, there were 8 coaching vacancies and we ended up with Arians, who turned out to be one of the better coaches in that class.

I agree, hopefully MB does so as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coaching staff is atrocious. This team has some major gaps and I don't think is a good team by any stretch but this coaching staff has made the team worse in almost every single way.

They need to go.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was just listening to Peter King on the radio and he thinks there won’t be many openings. Tampa, Cincy, Jets and Browns.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And? The writing is on the wall of the ending this has only 11 games into his career imo. If Michael can’t see that he needs to take himself out of the decision making process!

I can tell you without almost any doubt that in this era of the NFL that you won’t consistently win & be a SB contender consistently with a pound the rock mentality & relying on a defense to win games 20-17 today!!! It just doesn’t work.

The rules dictate scoring (30pts a game), passing the ball, which is where points in this new era come from & great QB play. Who has a great defense today? Look at all the supposed talent on defense the Rams have.

Those reasons above, plus a conservative HC make this hire a total bad fit!!! That’s reality, so make the move & admit it was a terrible, horrific hire. Zero adjustments, poor schemes & no answers. The problems aren’t all talent

This team offensively & defensively is expansion 1976 buccaneers bad!!! And I’m not even counting the coaching staff which is beyond belief bad.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Agree or disagree with the gist of this article?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disagree with the Yahoo article 100%. Wilks wasn't fired because he didn't win with the roster. He got fired because he doesn't know how to coach a team. He was unprepared on game day. He made little to no adjustments and has a lack of an understanding of basic situational football. This is not something a head coach grows into and it's unfair to think that the team needs to accept it any longer just because they screwed up the initial hire. Anyone who watched the Cardinals this year understands this and I'm pretty sure this guy didn't watch the Cardinals, nor anyone else who is actually questioning the move.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
There is no issue in firing Wilks. He had to be fired regardless of how many openings there are this year.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Disagree with the Yahoo article 100%. Wilks wasn't fired because he didn't win with the roster. He got fired because he doesn't know how to coach a team. He was unprepared on game day. He made little to no adjustments and has a lack of an understanding of basic situational football. This is not something a head coach grows into and it's unfair to think that the team needs to accept it any longer just because they screwed up the initial hire. Anyone who watched the Cardinals this year understands this and I'm pretty sure this guy didn't watch the Cardinals, nor anyone else who is actually questioning the move.

He was a coach hired for his ability to coach up a defense, our defense regressed. Who's fault is that?

He tried sticking a round peg into a square hole.

Buckybird

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Agree or disagree with the gist of this article?
Most of these morons writing crap like this haven’t see a single freaking game of Big Red this year I promise!!!

So let me get this straight, Michael & Keim are racist, but yet they hired an African American to be their HC & most of the staff was as well. Lol Gimmie a break, enough with this BS.

Wilks wasn’t fired because he was 3-13, he was fired because of how they got to 3-13!!! Dominated in most every game, zero adjustments & zero improvement throughout the year! Nuff said

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
When you try to bring race into something as cut-and-dried as Wilks' incompetence, you succeed only in looking like a complete moron. Furthermore, you end up making people roll their eyes and ignore you and others the next time a REAL racial issue pops up. What an idiot.

I didn't even need to read the article to see where it was going. Good to know race was brought into it, Jesus, it's 2019.

Buckybird

Reaction score
When you try to bring race into something as cut-and-dried as Wilks' incompetence, you succeed only in looking like a complete moron. Furthermore, you end up making people roll their eyes and ignore you and others the next time a REAL racial issue pops up. What an idiot.
Ding ding ding

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where I get frustrated with these types of articles is that there are minority candidates who are getting head opportunities. I think that is important. However, once they get that opportunity, I don't feel any reason to hold them to any other type of standard. I don't view minorities as weak or incompetent and so I don't ever expect anything less from them. I do believe minorities need the opportunities to show their worth and capabilities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen