Jedd Fisch'er of men

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not sure how to be nice to a guy who was literally telling people up until the minute he signed with Washington that he wasn’t going. Jedd lied to boosters, the AD, recruits, current players and their parents. If he were honest about his intentions, fine. But don’t play these people for fools
I know you’re mad. Understandably so. But you’re not this naive. I just think calling a dude that does what everyone else in his profession does “scum” is beneath you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s more about how he treated the players and their parents than anyone else.
Happens to all players/families at all schools - even when the coach doesn’t leave. And the players abandon the schools too now with the portal. It’s not personal it’s business. Think otherwise is archaic thinking.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Todd Graham preached family/loyalty/commitment non-stop right here! (Same dude texted all of his players on the way out)

You seriously can't be this naive about college sports.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And let’s watch which players jump to Washington. They obviously won’t be hurt a bit by this. And those that don’t jump ironically may end up in a better spot because the better players blocking their PT will be gone.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And let’s watch which players jump to Washington. They obviously won’t be hurt a bit by this. And those that don’t jump ironically may end up in a better spot because the better players blocking their PT will be gone.
100%.

At least with the portal now, players aren't stuck when a coach leaves.

And good chance a new coach will bring players with them.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
at the of the day Arizona is stuck in a triple-A conference with subpar NIL. No surprise Fisch a career nomad was going to leave. The timing surprised me as I figured he’d stay and leverage a bigger job after 2024 but I guess get the bag while it’s there. UW is not as good of a job as Chris (who needs to be reminded that his Devils are on the heels of B2B 3-9’s, have had one good season since 1997, and don’t exactly have a powerhouse foundation in place moving forward) is making it out to be but it is an upgrade.

All that being said the UW Twitter video was all sorts of classless out of a guy who UofA kinda rescued off the scrap heap. Should’ve known better than to let them publish that video. Like the Todd Graham text this whole affair going to be used to negative recruit the hell out of Fisch. And he’s with the big boys now not competing against Clay Helton and Herm Edwards.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
at the of the day Arizona is stuck in a triple-A conference with subpar NIL. No surprise Fisch a career nomad was going to leave. The timing surprised me as I figured he’d stay and leverage a bigger job after 2024 but I guess get the bag while it’s there.
How much better of a job would you expect Fisch to wait for at this point?
UW is not as good of a job as Chris (who needs to be reminded that his Devils are on the heels of B2B 3-9’s, have had one good season since 1997, and don’t exactly have a powerhouse foundation in place moving forward) is making it out to be but it is an upgrade.
That's a mouthful! UW football is like U of A basketball - they flatter themselves as elite when they're just a very good program. In any event, UW as a very good football program is 10x the football school that U of A is, and anyone outside of U of A honks would tell you that.

Take your shots at ASU if you want, but I'm confident that ASU football will continue to be more relevant than U of A, as historically has been the case. (Probably the same with U of A hoops over ASU!)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
How much better of a job would you expect Fisch to wait for at this point?

That's a mouthful! UW football is like U of A basketball - they flatter themselves as elite when they're just a very good program. In any event, UW as a very good football program is 10x the football school that U of A is, and anyone outside of U of A honks would tell you that.

Take your shots at ASU if you want, but I'm confident that ASU football will continue to be more relevant than U of A, as historically has been the case. (Probably the same with U of A hoops over ASU!)

The only relevant program in the state is UA basketball but I agree it’s not elite. Gotta back it up in March to make that claim and we haven’t. Regarding FB, the have nots are screwed and it is what it is. I don’t regret the Fisch era because we got a great year out of it. Now it’s back to reality.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only relevant program in the state is UA basketball but I agree it’s not elite. Gotta back it up in March to make that claim and we haven’t. Regarding FB, the have nots are screwed and it is what it is. I don’t regret the Fisch era because we got a great year out of it. Now it’s back to reality.
Agree with all this

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Todd Graham preached family/loyalty/commitment non-stop right here! (Same dude texted all of his players on the way out)

You seriously can't be this naive about college sports.

You're confusing naivety with appropriateness. No sh*t this happens. You know this from TG. Doesnt mean it's right or acceptable. No one is going to be mad at someone for getting a massive raise elsewhere. But, there are appropriate and inappropriate ways to handle it. Appropriate would be being honest about talking with another school (actually, Jedd did this when he talked to Michigan State last month and no one judged him). Inappropriate is telling the AD, players and parents moments before signing the contract that he's not taking the job.

I saw Sean Miller and RichRod flirt with other jobs. Difference is they were honest about the process.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You're confusing naivety with appropriateness. No sh*t this happens. You know this from TG. Doesnt mean it's right or acceptable. No one is going to be mad at someone for getting a massive raise elsewhere. But, there are appropriate and inappropriate ways to handle it. Appropriate would be being honest about talking with another school (actually, Jedd did this when he talked to Michigan State last month and no one judged him). Inappropriate is telling the AD, players and parents moments before signing the contract that he's not taking the job.

I saw Sean Miller and RichRod flirt with other jobs. Difference is they were honest about the process.
He was quiet because he wasn’t going to be able to recruit the roster to Lansing. He has that opportunity with UW hence the subterfuge.

Regardless everyone knew Fisch was an opportunist from the beginning. Anyone taken surprise by him leaving is in fact naive. I just thought it’d be a year from now he pulled this when SEC or NFL came calling

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Morality would turn a blind eye quickly if the situation was flipped...like it usually does with fandom in sports.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Jedd Fisch'er of broken promises.

Honestly though, being a college football coach is kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You have to say you are committed to the program for the foreseeable future to ensure you maximize your recruiting, but the reality is that the vast majority of these guys won't turn down something bigger and better - so they just accept the backlash of frustration from the fans they leave behind.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are acting like Jedd settled for UW. You know, the team that just went undefeated and only lost in the national championship game. Can't believe he'd choose THAT school. lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nah I have no ill will against him. He took over a really bad situation and turned it into a top-15 team. If Saban doesn’t retire he’s still here. I figured he’d leave for Florida or UCLA next off-season. Hope the new guy keeps 70ish% of the roster.

TJ

Reaction score
People are acting like Jedd settled for UW. You know, the team that just went undefeated and only lost in the national championship game. Can't believe he'd choose THAT school. lol

It’s funny that you all still think the issue is where he went. Michael Crow needs to offer remedial courses for reading comprehension to his alumni.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Haha you and Chris certainly have a way of interpreting things to suit your narrative.
Hilarious!
Not for a lack of trying. Like I said it’s one thing to move on to a new job. It’s another to try to bury your old company on the way out especially when said company basically gave you your first and only shot.
Speaking of narratives, I'd love for you to explain how he tried to "bury" U of A on the way out, (leaving their best players in place) and insinuating that U of A gave him his big break? Good stuff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Funny that ASU fans think they know more than guys that are basically insiders with the UofA program.

Reactions: TJ

TJ

Reaction score
This -

Followed by this -chefs kiss!
I can only tell you in so many ways that I don’t care about the destination before I deem it a lost cause. At a certain point, it has nothing to do with me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison