Jedd Fisch'er of men

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny that ASU fans think they know more than guys that are basically insiders with the UofA program.
He left Arizona for Washington. What else is there to know. It isn't rocket science.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Funny that ASU fans think they know more than guys that are basically insiders with the UofA program.
We literally don't care about.

It was mostly hilarious that U of A fans were acting like it was some huge betrayal when Fisch moved to a much better program/conference.

There is no hidden secret or mystery as to what happened, except to U of A fans.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jedd Fisch'er of broken promises.

Honestly though, being a college football coach is kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You have to say you are committed to the program for the foreseeable future to ensure you maximize your recruiting, but the reality is that the vast majority of these guys won't turn down something bigger and better - so they just accept the backlash of frustration from the fans they leave behind.

The industry needs more Kyle Whittinghams (sp). Dude could’ve left Utah for bigger jobs at least a dozen times. Stays loyal. Unfortunately, he’s the exception and not the rule.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It was mostly hilarious that U of A fans were acting like it was some huge betrayal when Fisch moved to a much better program/conference.

There is no hidden secret or mystery as to what happened, except to U of A fans.
You aren't following the thread.

Nobody is mad that Jedd Fisch left for WASHINGTON. We are mad at the way he did it. Promising he was staying and then at the last second saying "see ya!" is the biggest issue that people are having. And then everyone thinking he's going to take the core of the team this year with him -- that's hard to reconcile in a 24 hour period.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You aren't following the thread.

Nobody is mad that Jedd Fisch left for WASHINGTON. We are mad at the way he did it. Promising he was staying and then at the last second saying "see ya!" is the biggest issue that people are having. And then everyone thinking he's going to take the core of the team this year with him -- that's hard to reconcile in a 24 hour period.
Which is ironic if y'all bought it because the media and people who follow college football have been saying, "Oh, yeah - he's gone." for months now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Which is ironic if y'all bought it because the media and people who follow college football have been saying, "Oh, yeah - he's gone." for months now.
The MEDIA doesn't matter! It is all about the communication by the coach to his players. The Media is full of crap 99% of the time. If your coach tells you he's staying and a day later he leaves, then do these young men shrug their shoulders and say, "well, the MEDIA called it!" No, they will be angry. How do you not see that?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nobody is mad that Jedd Fisch left for WASHINGTON.
I'm talking about U of A fan reaction as a whole, and yes, there are plenty of U of A fans mad he left for Washington.
We are mad at the way he did it. Promising he was staying and then at the last second saying "see ya!" is the biggest issue that people are having. And then everyone thinking he's going to take the core of the team this year with him -- that's hard to reconcile in a 24 hour period.
Chap - if you've followed college football at all over the last 20 years, this is how college athletics works. I don't know why it's shocked so many Wildcats fans.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm talking about U of A fan reaction as a whole, and yes, there are plenty of U of A fans mad he left for Washington.

Chap - if you've followed college football at all over the last 20 years, this is how college athletics works. I don't know why it's shocked so many Wildcats fans.
Doesn't matter. At all. 40- and 50- year old armchair quarterbacks know about this stuff. But what about 18 and 19 year old kids?

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Please us UA fans thought he was going to UCLA. When I read Jebb left I thought it was to the Redskins. Nightmare almost over, now who stays

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MEDIA doesn't matter! It is all about the communication by the coach to his players. The Media is full of crap 99% of the time. If your coach tells you he's staying and a day later he leaves, then do these young men shrug their shoulders and say, "well, the MEDIA called it!" No, they will be angry. How do you not see that?
Been there done that. We lost our head coach John Cooper to Ohio State back in the day after he said repeatedly, 'I get up every morning and thank the good Lord that I'm the head football coach at Arizona State.' and denied he had been in any contact with OSU...said he had no idea where reports linking him to their coaching search had even originated from: "I haven't talked to Glen Mason,' Cooper said. 'I guess he's the authority, but I don't know where he's getting his information.' right up until after our bowl game that year. Then suddenly he accepted the position. And that was long before the transfer portal and options players have these days. If your coach ditched your program most players were stuck playing at the school unless they transferred and sat out a year to play elsewhere. Times have changed but a coach lying about another job has not changed at all. Sorry he did y'all like that, but it is nothing new under the sun.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Been there done that. We lost our head coach John Cooper to Ohio State back in the day after he said repeatedly, 'I get up every morning and thank the good Lord that I'm the head football coach at Arizona State.' and denied he had been in any contact with OSU...said he had no idea where reports linking him to their coaching search had even originated from: "I haven't talked to Glen Mason,' Cooper said. 'I guess he's the authority, but I don't know where he's getting his information.' right up until after our bowl game that year. Then suddenly he accepted the position. And that was long before the transfer portal and options players have these days. If your coach ditched your program most players were stuck playing at the school unless they transferred and sat out a year to play elsewhere. Times have changed but a coach lying about another job has not changed at all. Sorry he did y'all like that, but it is nothing new under the sun.
Again...

never mind.

Not sure what yours and Chris' goal is here. Why are you even posting on this thread? Seriously, I'm curious.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. At all. 40- and 50- year old armchair quarterbacks know about this stuff. But what about 18 and 19 year old kids?
The same kids who can cut bait and run whenever they please? C'mon Chap...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Again...

never mind.

Not sure what yours and Chris' goal is here. Why are you even posting on this thread? Seriously, I'm curious.
Mainly just responding to questions/statements, but I'll leave you to your safe space here!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mainly just responding to questions/statements, but I'll leave you to your safe space here!
Didn't realize only certain people were allowed to discuss the coaching change. Clearly, they can't handle any other opinions but their own.

If Wildcats' fans want to let off some "stream" they can do it like this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You bith are trolling and you know it. Why else would ASU fans come to a UofA thread after a coach leaves?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You both are trolling and you know it. Why else would ASU fans come to a UofA thread after a coach leaves?
Arizona fans posted in the ASU thread when Herm Edwards got canned (among other coaching changes over the years). It happens. It's a rivalry so it is relevant to fans of both programs. If your coaching sucks, we want that guy extended. If your coaching is great, then we hope that guy gets a better job. And vice versa. But as for how Fisch left you guys - it has happened to us. About 35 years ago.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Arizona fans posted in the ASU thread when Herm Edwards got canned (among other coaching changes over the years). It happens. It's a rivalry so it is relevant to fans of both programs. If your coaching sucks, we want that guy extended. If your coaching is great, then we hope that guy gets a better job. And vice versa. But as for how Fisch left you guys - it has happened to us. About 35 years ago.

We just wanted to bask in your celebratory mood.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

2nd time Ive heard that he’d been calling players on the roster. There were rumors that he did the same thing with JDL when he was at Wazzu. Level 2 infraction at worst, so if you report him, nothing will happen

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

2nd time Ive heard that he’d been calling players on the roster. There were rumors that he did the same thing with JDL when he was at Wazzu. Level 2 infraction at worst, so if you report him, nothing will happen
If you want some real big league cheating, gotta get AP back!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Can we all get along and agree that this call screwed other both Arizona schools and benefitted UW? It's crazy the way things line up sometimes.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we all get along and agree that this call screwed other both Arizona schools and benefitted UW? It's crazy the way things line up sometimes.

Ya, hug it out you animals