OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In 2020? Dallas had bigger needs at DB & EDGE during that offseason.

For the Bears, the only position that’s truly a bigger priority than WR is EDGE. If they believe Latu/Turner/Verse are not worth it, they can absolutely go WR that high, especially with a rookie QB. They’re not a team massively devoid of talent.
Good point.

I remember Cowboys fans and some draft experts mad they didnt draft K'Lavon Chaisson.

Even the Cowboys knew to take the higher graded offensive player than the lesser talented but needed defensive player..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
John Middlekauff is the only one who thinks Marvin could drop to 7/8.

For once, I hope he is right (and we trade up)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In 2020? Dallas had bigger needs at DB & EDGE during that offseason.

For the Bears, the only position that’s truly a bigger priority than WR is EDGE. If they believe Latu/Turner/Verse are not worth it, they can absolutely go WR that high, especially with a rookie QB. They’re not a team massively devoid of talent.
Agree to disagree.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The smoke smells like the QB hungry teams know Monti wants to trade back. My fear he’s more desperate to move down than other teams are to move up for McCarthy or Maye thus losing out on some value. He’s officially a Keim-level stooge if he settles for anything less than 3 first rd picks without a day two pick going back to Minnesota…. Or maybe I’m just driving myself crazy over nothing.

I see no disadvantage to encouraging a bidding war between multiple teams trying to move up.

I love its a month out and he declared he is open for business because by the time the draft comes he will get the true value.

As long as he properly valuing MHJr then everything is great. Unless you are blown away you stay at the pick. Time gives him the ability to assess

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is going to look hella dumb when Pennix runs a 4.9.

He reminds me more of Rodney Peete than Michael Vick.

Kedon Slovis trained with them and he said Penix ran faster at the pre-combine. Slovis ran a 4.6 at the pre-combine and a 4.56 at the actual combine.

I very much doubt 4.4. However, guys like Jordan Love ran a 4.5 even though he's not a runner.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Silly question. If a team is looking to move up, do they tell that team whom they are wanting to pick? I like to pick up some additional draft equity and not lose out on MHJ.

I know, post of the year, lol. :p

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Silly question. If a team is looking to move up, do they tell that team whom they are wanting to pick? I like to pick up some additional draft equity and not lose out on MHJ.

Usually. Especially if it's only a few slots.
For example, if we were to trade back with the chargers Monti might want assurances they won't pick Harrison... There is nothing stopping their GM from lying .. except the fact Monti will tell other GMS how he does business and it will affect every trade he makes from now on

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Silly question. If a team is looking to move up, do they tell that team whom they are wanting to pick?
i asked Harry this once, and as i recall, the answer was "not always"

i think about if the Giants called the Cards wanting to move up. If i were Monti, the only way i do that is if the Giants say that they are taking a QB.

Of course, they could lie -- but i have to beleive that would get around the NFL and maybe make it harder for that GM

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Trust Jim Harbaugh at your own peril.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that and their height, weight, and 40 time. And they both played in the slot and outside in college.

Other than that they are each unique individuals, just like everyone else.
Jefferson is taller while having a slender frame. Malik also ran a faster 40 & you can even see on tape that Malik is more explosive than Jefferson.

Let’s not be oblivious here. They’re not remotely similar outside of the reasons I named.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Jefferson is taller while having a slender frame. Malik also ran a faster 40 & you can even see on tape that Malik is more explosive than Jefferson.

Let’s not be oblivious here. They’re not remotely similar outside of the reasons I named.
They’re not identical twins, no. But they are the most obvious comp of pretty much any player in this draft. Or last years draft. And probably next years draft.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re not identical twins, no. But they are the most obvious comp of pretty much any player in this draft. Or last years draft. And probably next years draft.
Except where they’re not the most obvious in the slightest.

If Nabers went to Georgia Tech or South Florida, this wouldn’t be a comparison at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard