Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d be ok with making a run on the upcoming season with relatively the same players but a new coach and staff led by a new GM. I want to know where the problem lies.

Visually the players quit on this coach long ago.

I can be sold on running it back with the same players for the most part except it's delaying the inevitable. KD has another year left him and we need to get what we can before the bottom falls out completely, see CP3.

Best case scenario is the Clippers choke against Dallas and Ty Lue is fired. If he's available, he's who should be targeted with Monty sort of money.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt those teams give up anything g for old, cancerous KD. Also, because of the apron, can we even trade him for multiple pieces? One team we should look at is Philly. They’re going to have a ton of cap room and they’re still one player away and the clock’s ticking on Embiid’s knees totally failing him for good.

Maybe they can make a little more cap room and we can unload KD for a couple first rounders. Or, we can try to get four firsts and bite the Booker bullet and trade him to the Sixers. He’d be the perfect 3rd piece for a “healthy” Sixers. But also, that is one team that could totally implode with one more Embiid injury and then we could reap the windfall of high Sixer picks a couple years down the road.

Question: with the pick swaps, does anyone know if those swaps carry over to any first round picks we might trade for in the future? Or are the swaps just on Suns specific first rounders?

If we were smart, we’d unload both Booker and KD this offseason. But we’re not. We’ll try a new coach, any kind of PG and a bunch of hopium only to watch both of those heartless “superstars” embarrass themselves in the playoffs for the fourth straight season.
This. We are going nowhere with Booker as our #1 and KD is too old to be your #1. You trade KD you are not getting a haul and you can only trade him for a like salary I think. I didn’t think you could get multiple players back unless you are under the apron but I could be wrong.

Book is part of the problem and he is likely the only player to bring you a haul.

This team to change is going to have to move two players I would think. Either KD or Beal to get under the Apron. Then you trade Booker second to get assets and start the rebuild.

I don’t see any scenario sans some miracle front office magic of this team getting a better piece to put alongside Booker. This team isn’t winning a title with Book being your #1.

Maybe they can get a PG and another big and try and run it back. With the type of players they can get salary wise I am not holding my breath sans dumping a bunch of salary first. Both the KD and Beal contracts are going to be hard to match for a trade if that’s what the 2nd Apron requires.

This sucks. If I had to guess? Beal is about to play his final game(s) as a Sun and he is the one that gets moved in the offseason to give us some other options.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst part of this season was coming to the realization that Booker is the reborn Shooting Guard version of Carmelo Anthony. Great, but not elite scorer, who lives on one of the best mid-range games in a 3 point league, with limited athleticism that keeps him from being able to attack the basket, is a bad defender and sadly, an even worse leader, blossoming into one of the leagues biggest front-runners, who curls up into the fetal position when facing tough circumstances, repeatedly leading the Suns to their most embarrassing playoff performances of all time.

Building around him is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can be sold on running it back with the same players for the most part except it's delaying the inevitable. KD has another year left him and we need to get what we can before the bottom falls out completely, see CP3.

Best case scenario is the Clippers choke against Dallas and Ty Lue is fired. If he's available, he's who should be targeted with Monty sort of money.

The Mavericks are for real ever since they traded for two starters in PJ Washington Jr. and Daniel Gafford.

This is the type of trade the Suns should have made.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst part of this season was coming to the realization that Booker is the reborn Shooting Guard version of Carmelo Anthony. Great, but not elite scorer, a mid-range scorer in a 3 point league, with limited athleticism, who is a bad defender and an even worse leader.
Booker is also 27, in his prime and his value is never going to higher than it is now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks are for real ever since they traded for two starters in PJ Washington Jr. and Daniel Gafford.

This is the type of trade the Suns should have made.
That trade would have been pointless because you were still building around a beta like Booker, instead of Luka.

You also are completely ignoring that the Mavs ALSO traded for Kyrie a season earlier. They basically remade their ENTIRE TEAM around Luka and that was AFTER HUMILIATING BOOKER AND THE SUNS.

What you were and are still advocating for is the Suns could have improved around the edges when the truth is once CP3 fell off a cliff, we became an also ran because we had NO ELITE TALENT to rebuild around.

Now we definitely compounded matters by wayyyy overpaying KD, but moves around the edges of that Suns team which was 25-26 and coming off a massive choke and the greatest home playoff humiliation literally ever was gonna be like bailing water on the Titanic.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that loser fired yet

Not lookin for to gm 4 at allllllll

Im goin to tempe marketplace date day not lettin suns ruin it ughhhhh just so saddddd as a fan

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That trade would have been pointless because you were still building around a beta like Booker, instead of Luka.

You also are completely ignoring that the Mavs ALSO traded for Kyrie a season earlier. They basically remade their ENTIRE TEAM around Luka and that was AFTER HUMILIATING BOOKER AND THE SUNS.

What you were and are still advocating for is the Suns could have improved around the edges when the truth is once CP3 fell off a cliff, we became an also ran because we had NO ELITE TALENT to rebuild around.

Now we definitely compounded matters by wayyyy overpaying KD, but moves around the edges of that Suns team which was 25-26 and coming off a massive choke and the greatest home playoff humiliation literally ever was gonna be like bailing water on the Titanic.
Yep, the idea that if we had stood pat with the old team and just kept adding pieces doesn't address the issue with Book. Looking back now, that trip to the finals was our peak with the foundation of Book being your main piece. Moves we made were risks that didn't pan out but I am convinced now more than ever the Suns pulled the trade with KD knowing Book isn't a #1. They were hoping KD would simply takeover the team and Book would complement him. Problem is we needed KD from several years ago and not the end of his career KD who is still good but not GREAT any longer. Then we added Beal. The chemistry with this team is awful. Now factor in what a terrible coach Vogel is and it's just all the bad ingredients coming to fruition.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Just going to say it now. We have little shot without Grayson. He just opens things up by pulling his guy away from the basket. The Timberwolves are not afraid of our 3 point shooting without him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD isn't going to be traded! It's a fantasy.

Booker isn't going to be traded! It's an even bigger fantasy.

The 2nd apron is too restrictive and Ishbia isn't going to accept defeat even if it was possible. Take it or leave it, but that's the reality.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Odds of this being yet another demolition close-out on our floor are pretty damn strong…
This team makes it nearly impossible to love them…

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I doubt those teams give up anything g for old, cancerous KD. Also, because of the apron, can we even trade him for multiple pieces? One team we should look at is Philly. They’re going to have a ton of cap room and they’re still one player away and the clock’s ticking on Embiid’s knees totally failing him for good.

Maybe they can make a little more cap room and we can unload KD for a couple first rounders. Or, we can try to get four firsts and bite the Booker bullet and trade him to the Sixers. He’d be the perfect 3rd piece for a “healthy” Sixers. But also, that is one team that could totally implode with one more Embiid injury and then we could reap the windfall of high Sixer picks a couple years down the road.

Question: with the pick swaps, does anyone know if those swaps carry over to any first round picks we might trade for in the future? Or are the swaps just on Suns specific first rounders?

If we were smart, we’d unload both Booker and KD this offseason. But we’re not. We’ll try a new coach, any kind of PG and a bunch of hopium only to watch both of those heartless “superstars” embarrass themselves in the playoffs for the fourth straight season.

You’re probably right about teams mulling over potential KD trades. They might think he’s just using the twilight of his career as a quasi retirement while smoking blunts and making $50m a year til’ the cows come home. We all know Ishbia is going to double down. Hire Mike D and convince Harden to play PG for the vet minimum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison