Rank/Rate Our Position Groups

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's 12th all time in receiving yards.

Any player in the top 20 at their position is at least a borderline hall of famer.

Typical, Kerouac myopia.
Three pro bowls. Zero all pro teams. Zero all-decade teams. How will we be able to tell the story of the NFL from 2013 to 2023 without discussing the third- or fourth-best TE in any season?

Preposterous.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Disagree. McBride’s best year already eclipses all of Dalton’s but one & that’s with most of the attention on McBride.
I mean...I guess you can view it this way.

Who has had more productive years? Schultz (4 of 6 over 550 yards and 4+ TDs) vs McBride (1 of 2 over 550 yards and zero 4+ TDs)

Who has the most productive year? McBride by about 20 yards but 5 less TDs.

I haven't said that McBride can't develop into one of the best TEs in the NFL, but I don't believe one season puts him there yet. Schultz is a very good TE and is the 10th highest paid TE in the NFL (soon to be 9th once Waller is off the books). I think this is a very good tier to be in for a guy whose other season was a line of 29 265 1.

I am just a person who needs to see another season of similar success to elevate McBride above TEs who have been very productive over 3, 4 or 5 seasons.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just a person who needs to see another season of similar success to elevate McBride above TEs who have been very productive over 3, 4 or 5 seasons.

Not me. I've already gone all in on McBride.

I already had McBride in a bunch of my Dynasty FFLs where I picked him up fairly cheap prior to the 2023 season. In one of the Dynasty leagues that I didn't own him, I recently made a pretty big trade to secure him. I now own him in 4 out of 5 of my Dynasty leagues. So yeah, I'm betting pretty big on McBride already.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not me. I've already gone all in on McBride.

I already had McBride in a bunch of my Dynasty FFLs where I picked him up fairly cheap prior to the 2023 season. In one of the Dynasty leagues that I didn't own him, I recently made a pretty big trade to secure him. I now own him in 4 out of 5 of my Dynasty leagues. So yeah, I'm betting pretty big on McBride already.
Well, in fantasy it is better to be ahead of the curve than behind it so I don't disagree with your approach. But in the same breath, you wouldn't pay or draft McBride in the ranges of the top TEs either this year. I can't see people drafting him over LaPorta, Kittle, Kelce, Hock, and probably Andrews nor spending as much on his as those players in auction. McBride will likely be somewhere in the Njoku, Pitts, Kincaid, Schultz, Goedert, and Engram group.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in fantasy it is better to be ahead of the curve than behind it so I don't disagree with your approach. But in the same breath, you wouldn't pay or draft McBride in the ranges of the top TEs either this year. I can't see people drafting him over LaPorta, Kittle, Kelce, Hock, and probably Andrews nor spending as much on his as those players in auction. McBride will likely be somewhere in the Njoku, Pitts, Kincaid, Schultz, Goedert, and Engram group.

With my Dynasty teams I'm making the long term bet on McBride becoming a top 5 TE for my team hopefully for the next decade. I've already done a bunch of Best Ball drafts for 2024 and McBride is currently listed as the #3 TE behind #1 LaPorta and #2 Kelce.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean...I guess you can view it this way.

Who has had more productive years? Schultz (4 of 6 over 550 yards and 4+ TDs) vs McBride (1 of 2 over 550 yards and zero 4+ TDs)

Who has the most productive year? McBride by about 20 yards but 5 less TDs.

I haven't said that McBride can't develop into one of the best TEs in the NFL, but I don't believe one season puts him there yet. Schultz is a very good TE and is the 10th highest paid TE in the NFL (soon to be 9th once Waller is off the books). I think this is a very good tier to be in for a guy whose other season was a line of 29 265 1.

I'd argue that there was a ton of meat left on the bone for McBride last year.

Ertz stole a bunch of touches from him last year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I mean, Kyler Murray was OROY and made the Pro Bowl his next two seasons. But that's probably just typical k9 myopia.
Needs Improvement
Meets Expectations
Exceeds Expectations

Where did Kyler sit on this eval his first two years?
Where does McBride sit?

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone saw Kyler shooting threes at a Dallas game? He looked VG, and then you throw in being drafted in the 1st round (MLB), I think it's fair to say that he's the top athlete (all sports) playing NFL FB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone saw Kyler shooting threes at a Dallas game? He looked VG, and then you throw in being drafted in the 1st round (MLB), I think it's fair to say that he's the top athlete (all sports) playing NFL FB.
Danny Ainge bombed threes ... Was he a great athlete too?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Needs Improvement
Meets Expectations
Exceeds Expectations

Where did Kyler sit on this eval his first two years?
Where does McBride sit?

You're asking a separate question from the comment I responded to. Kyler was probably ahead of schedule his second season; it's not really his fault that Calvisi was putting him on MVP watch in the preseason.

People are overinvested in four really good games by McBride -- a guy I like a lot. Kyler was probably closer to being a top five player at his position after his second season than McBride is. McBride couldn't beat out Zach Ertz for playing time going into that year.

Both probably exceeded expectations.

BuT c@n H3 DuNk???

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Did DA excell in two sports? And Kyler's 3rd best also looked pretty good.
Ainge was a high school all American in baseball, football, and basketball...then played three years in MLB for the Toronto Bluejays before deciding to play basketball instead. He wasn't just drafted by a MLB team ...he played for three years.
But did that make him an elite athlete? Or just a really good player?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is a little shocking how bad AZ still is at DL, EDGE, CB, and WR in year 2. They are counting on a lot of young players to make a big impact which is a risky proposition.
Im still surprised the front office was content with no real challenge to Michael Wilson as WR#2. Not that Wilson cant be great, but a legit threat he has to fight off for snaps.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zay Jones is fine for a year.
Dortch and Zay may both be gone after this year. We don't know if Wilson will hold up or be anything more than a 3.

Instead of solidifying the position we could still be saying we need another WR next year.

And if we're going for vets near 30 "for a year" then we could have really invested into the position to help bolster the position for Kyler. Not get a guy the Jags brought in 3 guys to get rid of.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen