Steve Keim Opens Up About Mental Health Issues

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Talks about how the Kyler Murray contract talks, DUI, divorce and other stuff impacted him and going to in-patient csre

If you haven’t, I encourage you to subscribe to Glazer’s mental health podcast.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Talks about how the Kyler Murray contract talks, DUI, divorce and other stuff impacted him and going to in-patient csre

If you haven’t, I encourage you to subscribe to Glazer’s mental health podcast.
I truly have nothing bad to say about that man. Time to stop dredging up the old regime, and look forward to (hopefully) a product moving forward we as fans can be proud of. Exciting times for the Birdgang, but best of luck to SK.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’ve been there with the mental health issues. Mine started after a health scare. I went from being a confident, charismatic leader to an absolute shell of myself in just a matter of weeks. It was a nightmare, but it really opened my eyes to the reality of mental health issues. I used to be very much of the “buck up and deal with it” mentality in regards to depression and anxiety/panic attacks. My opinion completely changed when it happened to me. I hope Steve get’s the help he needs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I’ve been there with the mental health issues. Mine started after a health scare. I went from being a confident, charismatic leader to an absolute shell of myself in just a matter of weeks. It was a nightmare, but it really opened my eyes to the reality of mental health issues. I used to be very much of the “buck up and deal with it” mentality in regards to depression and anxiety/panic attacks. My opinion completely changed when it happened to me. I hope Steve get’s the help he needs.
agree. its easy to be tough and arrogant regarding ailments until you suffer them yourself. I also learned the hard way regarding mental health and weight gain. I am far less of a judgmental prick now than I was twenty years ago

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
well said

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
My mental health issues cleared up a few months after leaving California:) At my age I realized I couldn’t cope with the density of people and lack of services needed by those people. I guess it simplified my everyday experiences.
A LOT of people have found themselves in a better mental state after leaving Cali

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His issues sunk the franchise. He deliberately scape goated others to cover for his mistakes.

The very same dude who took pot shots at Murray for not taking personal responsibility decides to blame it all on mental health.

fudge him
Just some of what I probably would have said.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His issues sunk the franchise. He deliberately scape goated others to cover for his mistakes.

The very same dude who took pot shots at Murray for not taking personal responsibility decides to blame it all on mental health.

fudge him
No point in being bitter. As frustrating as he was, and even with his bad behavior, he is still the most successful GM in Arizona Cardinals history. And there isn't a close second.

If it took losing his job to save his life, then I am sure his family thinks that was a good thing.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it took losing his job to save his life, then I am sure his family thinks that was a good thing.
Well said. About 1 in 5 people in the US deal with some form of mental illness. Some do indeed leave harm in their wake as they deal with their mental health issues. It is difficult to forgive the scars left behind when one is an innocent victim and impacted by someone suffering from a mental illness.

Making bad decisions and putting up poor job performance as the GM of a football team does not rise to the level of condemning someone to Hell. If you believe making mistakes with draft picks does qualify for that one-way trip, then have yourself evaluated for mental illness.

Appears SK has already paid a heavy price in terms of his personal life, career, and family. We should offer our support as SK works to recover his health. After all, for the Grace of God go you or I.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have sympathy for him, although I haven't listened to the podcast yet. (Maybe after the draft when I'm starving for content.)

Work stress absolutely wrecked my life for a while. Lots of people in my profession cope with alcohol, and it's taken me a little bit to get better with that. I can't imagine the kind of pressure that comes with being a GM, having to grind for excessive hours every day, being in the public eye... I can't imagine adding family strain to it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sympathy for this piece of poo. Multiple times he drank and put other people's lives is danger and that's the only times he got caught.

Selfish, self aggrandizing, willing to denigrate anyone to better himself and his standing

This dude is a piece of poo and has a personality disorder.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No sympathy for this piece of poo. Multiple times he drank and put other people's lives is danger and that's the only times he got caught.

Selfish, self aggrandizing, willing to denigrate anyone to better himself and his standing

This dude is a piece of poo and has a personality disorder.
I think it would do us all a little bit better in the world to let people redeem themselves. Yes, the DUI(s) are bad but whatever he did when it comes to sports doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things. We've all done bad stuff or made poor decisions, and if you can genuinely say you haven't, well... more power to you, but that's rare.

It's how we grow from them and move forward that matters.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will go further. Every person on this board wakes up every day and has struggles. We all do that is called life.

This piece of toilet scum has invested his entire well being in profiting on others and then selling them out when it benefits him. He is snakes in the grass. His damage is well documented across multiple people.

He is a toxic piece of poo

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would do us all a little bit better in the world to let people redeem themselves. Yes, the DUI(s) are bad but whatever he did when it comes to sports doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things. We've all done bad stuff or made poor decisions, and if you can genuinely say you haven't, well... more power to you, but that's rare.

It's how we grow from them and move forward that matters.

Nah fudge him

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Feeling bad for a millionaire with multiple DUIs is something.
I never said I was feeling bad for him. I sympathize/empathize, whatever.

And literally I think that you are either agreeing with all his toxic poo or are just a big wuss who excuses it
Like I said, I haven't listened to the podcast. I don't have a stance to "agree with."

I think if people can learn from their mistakes and genuinely get better, I'll celebrate that. Maybe they can help someone else down the road, too. No excuses, but redemption. He didn't actively murder anyone or anything. Could he have in that state? Yes. But he didn't. And if he never puts anyone at risk again and gets his life in order, good for him.