OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing new to report.

Former Magic sports writer talks about Bol Bol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the holdup here?

There are players like Bismack Biyombo and Christian Wood that are still out there as well.

Suns may be looking at options.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are players like Bismack Biyombo and Christian Wood that are still out there as well.

Suns may be looking at options.
That doesn't seem like the reason to me, I don't think we have interest in either.

I wonder if we can still do sign and trades and are somehow trying to do a multiyear contract involving our trade exception for Bol in order to not lose him after one season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like the reason to me, I don't think we have interest in either.

I wonder if we can still do sign and trades and are somehow trying to do a multiyear contract involving our trade exception for Bol in order to not lose him after one season.

Bol was waived, and cleared waivers, so the Magic don't have his rights to sign and trade him.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe a bigger deal is coming. Aren’t we closing in on the date we can send Ayton anywhere we have a taker?

I believe the 15th but that wouldn’t make any sense. If we wanted to trade him somewhere he didn’t want to go he could say no but 4 days later the organization can just do it. His veto power is useless.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol was waived, and cleared waivers, so the Magic don't have his rights to sign and trade him.
I am aware but cant another team sign him than trade him to us, or is that not allowed to happen imediatley?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am aware but cant another team sign him than trade him to us, or is that not allowed to happen imediatley?
My thinking if we are trading Ayton for anything, it will be for higher level player or players in a trade. We could cut Ish and bring in Bol Bol, but the Suns probably thinking Ish is better? We could sign him for a make good contract, and cut him when the season starts, but I think Bol Bol's agent is probably looking for more than that for his client.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's hard to say who the Suns have interest, but I bet they are keeping their eyes on several players.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Wanna see Gilbert Arenas almost have a stroke?

WARNING: VERY NSFW

I love this argument.

Because he not trash. Opportunity has a lot to do with how a player looks.....down to the when & what & how. You can question why a player has his limited minutes but you don't know why.

The Suns just had a coach admit he never gave a player a chance even when you saw that player perform when given an opportunity by somebody else.

And every player who got the opportunity got better playing consistently. Oh, and the role they play matter. A guard controls his own production because he controls the ball.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that the best ball handler on the team can't get any minutes! Right, Isiah?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The hype around this signing, especially on twitter, was rather funny.

The dude had just been waived, on a minimum deal, and no one in the league claimed him, yet somehow there were people under the impression he is one of the better prospects in the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The dude had just been waived, on a minimum deal, and no one in the league claimed him, yet somehow there were people under the impression he is one of the better prospects in the league.
Even after seeing him be a disaster for us any time he steps on the court, there’s still people here thinking he’s going to be moved for a “piece” to add to the team.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would much rather have Biz on this team. I still can't understand this signing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even after seeing him be a disaster for us any time he steps on the court, there’s still people here thinking he’s going to be moved for a “piece” to add to the team.

Yeah, not happening. I think he'd have already been waived by us if his contract wasn't guaranteed.

I would much rather have Biz on this team. I still can't understand this signing.

Agreed.

I get the idea behind the signing, we need some youth that might have potential, but Bol Bol seems locked it on the foolish idea that he is a guard even though he possess zero of the talents required to play the position. As long as he operates under the delusion that he is a shooter and ball handler, while being terrible at both, he will be useless in this league.

Biz would have been far more useful, especially with how quickly Nurk and Eubanks rack up fouls against more athletic bigs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's the NBA 2k effect. On 2k he is usually one of the best players every year due to how you can exploit size in video games. If you were building a basketball player ala Weird Science then making them like Bol Bol makes sense. It doesn't translate well to the NBA because Bol Bol controls Bol Bol's movements though and seems to buy into the hype he's had in the digital world.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the NBA 2k effect. On 2k he is usually one of the best players every year due to how you can exploit size in video games. If you were building a basketball player ala Weird Science then making them like Bol Bol makes sense. It doesn't translate well to the NBA because Bol Bol controls Bol Bol's movements though and seems to buy into the hype he's had in the digital world.

If one didn't know much about Bol Bol except the measurements, he averaged 9.1 points and 5.8 rebounds last season.

However, this is the NBA, where scouts and GMs should know exactly what they are getting.

Could someone in the Suns front office be infatuated with him and thought he could be useful?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If one didn't know much about Bol Bol except the measurements, he averaged 9.1 points and 5.8 rebounds last season.

However, this is the NBA, where scouts and GMs should know exactly what they are getting.

Could someone in the Suns front office be infatuated with him and thought he could be useful?

IT ;)