Suns @ Pelicans Monday game thread 4-1-2024

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that’s an important, if not somewhat frustrating win to try and avoid the play-in.

Neither of these teams are gonna make any noise in the playoffs though.
I wouldn’t say that, no one is going to WANT to play the Suns. The Suns if they play well can smoke any team the problem is consistency or if the whole team shows up shooting etc. But trust no one wants the Suns their starting lineup is a nightmare to play D against

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So where are the star calls for Booker and Durant?
Durant and book shy away from contact. Book because he’s had to learn to create space to get his shot off against superior king athletes. Durant because he’s always been a finesse shooter. On occasion you see book take it to the hole and he gets calls. But he’s not as relentless at zion. Zion is never pulling up - he’s also constant motion towards the hoop with force. Of course he’s going to draw a LOT more fouls. He’s a bull.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that, no one is going to WANT to play the Suns. The Suns if they play well can smoke any team the problem is consistency or if the whole team shows up shooting etc. But trust no one wants the Suns their starting lineup is a nightmare to play D against
I partially agree with that. Having said that? There is not a team in the playoffs that won’t think they can overtake the Suns in the 4th quarter. Plus, the pace in the playoffs let alone the 4th quarter doesn’t favor the Suns and everyone knows it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol… ok.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think any top team is afraid of the suns. They’re likely salivating for the fourth quarters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think at the half the Suns bench had 3 points. Which was one made three by Gordon.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
It's a weird team, or Vogel made it so. We were up 30 pts, Zion started to abuse our D, and yet we never thought of putting in better man-defenders like Okogie or Roddy in this case and stop the bleeding, particularly in face of our stagnant offense in the 2nd half. Vogel is stubbornly sticking to his planned rotation. Eubanks, Bol again had a bad game. Beal was putting too much effort into defense. Why not taking some min from them to give to Okogie, Roddy, Young and RO for tougher D, for a change?