Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Until I see the wolves dominate us, something they haven't done, I still pick us to beat them in 5 games. We have won 13 of the last 15 games played against these guys.

Unless some magical addition happens to the Wolves, I don't see how Gobert, Naz and Kat will effective against us. And their bench is just crap. And no to mention, Ant was a disappointment, imo, going back to last seasons play-in against the lakers. He hasn't shown through against us as well.

Ant is a different player this year. That Team USA run last summer gave him much needed confidence. He was the best player on that team in most games. I know the team didn't do well but that's helped his ascension this season from great prospect to actual star. He's not a superstar yet but he's headed that direction. Time will tell if he can take the next step but I hope it happens next season rather than this postseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until I see the wolves dominate us, something they haven't done, I still pick us to beat them in 5 games. We have won 13 of the last 15 games played against these guys.

Unless some magical addition happens to the Wolves, I don't see how Gobert, Naz and Kat will effective against us. And their bench is just crap. And no to mention, Ant was a disappointment, imo, going back to last seasons play-in against the lakers. He hasn't shown through against us as well.
Until I see consistency on a game to game basis from this team, I’ll believe it when I see it. My fear is that after a full week of being fluffed by everyone, this team falls back into the “our ish don’t stinkitude” that they’ve suffered from all season, especially after big wins that have inevitably been followed by unfathomable losses… often a multitude of them.

They SHOULD win this series having dominated the Wolves this season, but this is the definitive shoulda, woulda, coulda team I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several weeks back, if someone told me the Suns would win seven out of their last ten games (with their closing schedule) and finish 6th place in the West, I would have been very skeptical.

It wasn't pretty, but here we are and that's all we can ask. Somehow, the Suns avoided the play-in.

The Suns made the big stage. Now it's all about winning. No room for error. Either they are good enough or they are not. No excuses.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If they dominate this series I might believe the hype again. I have less faith on Vogel than I do the players putting together a good run though.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's Rankin homerism. If they dominate this series I might believe the hype again. I have less faith on Vogel than I do the players putting together a good run though.
What do you mean "Rankin homerism"? He's quoting Jamal Crawford there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
For example, Dr J's Sixers won the Championship in 13 games total. If we DID win, which seems unlikely, I could see the Suns taking 28 games to do so! LOL! 4 rounds of 7 games. These Suns would never do anything easy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As of now, the Suns pick 22cnd in the upcoming NBA draft. Lost their second rounder from Denver in the Eubanks tampering issue.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Tampering for a zero like Eubanks is especially frustrating!
Thanks, James Jones. People seemingly keep giving him a pass because Ishbia appears to be a meddler as an owner and therefore gets blamed (understandably but also unreasonably) for EVERY bad move the Suns have made recently.

But Jones is definitely behind many of the terrible smaller moves that have hurt or certainly haven't helped. And he had a history of stumbles before Ishbia ever got here, lest we forget.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well on our way to being the most disappointing Suns team ever. What a pitiful season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well on our way to being the most disappointing Suns team ever. What a pitiful season.
I don’t think anything was as disappointing as the 2022 64 win Suns, favored by everyone to win the title, only to blow a 2-0 lead to a weak Mavs team in the 2nd round, ending with the most humiliating Game 7 home loss, literally, in league history.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don’t think anything was as disappointing as the 2022 64 win Suns, favored by everyone to win the title, only to blow a 2-0 lead to a weak Mavs team in the 2nd round, ending with the most humiliating Game 7 home loss, literally, in league history.
Well, if we're going to be absolutely honest, the Suns have a seemingly bottomless bag of disappointments to select from as the "most" disappointing.