Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Cox is the Voice of Aslan in Narnia
Source: Walt Disney Pictures
December 9, 2004

Today - December 9, 2004 - begins the 1-year countdown to the release of Disney/Walden Media's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and with it comes the announcement that Brian Cox (X2: X-Men United, The Bourne Supremacy) has been cast as the voice of Aslan the Lion.

On the casting of Cox, producer Mark Johnson says, "Brian has an amazing resonance to his voice, a certain majesty, which suits Aslan perfectly...I've always found Brian to be so versatile...we first talked to Brian about the role of Aslan maybe nine months ago, and I'm glad it worked out.

Andrew Adamson directs the adaptation of C.S. Lewis' beloved literary classic.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plot Summary: "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe," a spectacular live-action/CGI motion picture adaptation of C.S. Lewis' beloved literary classic. Lewis' timeless adventure follows the exploits of the four Pevensie siblings - Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter - in World War II England who enter the world of Narnia through a magical wardrobe while playing a game of 'hide-and-seek' in the rural country home of an elderly professor. Once there, the children discover a charming, peaceful land inhabited by talking beasts, dwarfs, fauns, centaurs and giants that has become a world cursed to eternal winter by the evil White Witch, Jadis. Under the guidance of a nobel and mystical ruler, the lion Aslan, the children fight to overcome the White Witch's powerful hold over Narnia in a spectacular, climactic battle that will free Narnia from Jadis' icy spell forever.

Cast: Tilda Swinton, Brian Cox, Georgie Henley, William Moseley, Skandar Keynes, Anna Popplewell, Rupert Everett, Dawn French, James McAvoy, Shane Rangi, Patrick Kake, Elizabeth Hawthorne, Kiran Shah, James Cosmo, Judy McIntosh, Sala Baker, Jim Broadbent, Stephen Ure, Ray Winstone

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw a huge cutout, standup, thingy at the Harkins in the Mills malls this past Monday.

this should be a good movie - i'm looking forward to it.

shawn

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I loved all seven books in the series! They are great, especially Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Should make great films as well. :thumbup:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
saw a huge cutout, standup, thingy at the Harkins in the Mills malls this past Monday.

this should be a good movie - i'm looking forward to it.

shawn

Yeah, I saw the cutout at Chandler Fashion a week or so ago, it got me so pumped...I hope they do as good as job as Peter Jackson with the LotR...

Mike

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
Anyone hear the raido theatre editions that Focus on the Family has put out? I think they're extremely high quality. :thumbup: I wish that they just put visuals with the sounds and voices of the audiobooks; but that's not viable in the movie world, most likely. :( Oh, well. I just hope they don't do revisionist crap on the script. :hulk: The book's so short, they could eaisily do a faithful adaptation of it.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read these books countless times when I was a kid. I saw the older movies over and over. I even saw the stupid cartoon version! I LOVE NARNIA!!! I remember daydreaming that I could GO to Narnia! I saw a big poster for this movie at either the Harkins or AMC by Arrowhead and got all giddy! This is going to be great!

Any word on if they are making JUST Lion, Witch, Wardrobe, or are they going to do the whole series? I hope they do the whole series!!!!

Oooooh, I'm going to have to re-read these again now! In case I forgot to mention it, I LOVE NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian Cox is the Voice of Aslan in Narnia

When I saw this I first thought of the linebacker.

:ais:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a fansite with a lot of info: Narniaweb.com

Re: Seven films for seven books?

There are plenty of rumors that the series will be shortened to five, but these are just rumors. Walden has never said there were just five movies planned, and in the end the number of films produced will depend almost entirely on how well they do. Walden has optioned the entire seven-part series for film development.

:cool:

Homer Simpson

All Star
Reaction score
The Silver Chair was always my favorite in the series, but I think The Voyage of the Dawn Treader would make a far better movie.

I'm glad they are doing it in series order, not chronological order. A couple of the series being sold these days are in chronological order, with The Magician's Nephew coming first, the Lion, then The Horse and His Boy (which technically takes places between the last two chapters of TLTWATW), then the rest.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
these were my favorite books growing up....i am way stoked about the movies. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Principal Photography Ends for Narnia
Source: Walt Disney Pictures
February 16, 2005

Principal photography for Disney/Walden Media's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which began last summer in Auckland, has come to an end. Production now moves from New Zealand to Los Angeles for post-production and finishing, where the CGI elements of the film will begin to take shape.

The adaptation of C.S. Lewis' beloved literary classic follows the exploits of the four Pevensie siblings - Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter - in World War II England who enter the world of Narnia through a magical wardrobe while playing a game of 'hide-and-seek' in the rural country home of an elderly professor.

Once there, the children discover a charming, peaceful land inhabited by talking beasts, dwarfs, fauns, centaurs and giants that has become a world cursed to eternal winter by the evil White Witch, Jadis. Under the guidance of a nobel and mystical ruler, the lion Aslan, the children fight to overcome the White Witch's powerful hold over Narnia in a spectacular, climactic battle that will free Narnia from Jadis' icy spell forever.

Andrew Adamson is directing for a December 9 release.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woo hoo!!!

can't wait for this movie to be out - got a feeling it's going to be good. it's released just after my birthday - yeah for me. :D

shawn

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard that Brian Cox was dropped. :shock:

They love him, love his voice, but something just didn't gel - he wasn't "Aslan" so they're looking for another voice.

Wow.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neeson Confirmed as the Voice of Aslan
Source: Edward Douglas
July 18, 2005

Walt Disney Pictures confirmed on Sunday at the San Diego Comic-Con that Liam Neeson (Batman Begins) will voice Aslan the Lion in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, opening December 9. Brian Cox was previously expected to voice the role.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am SO excited for this movie!!! I'm going to have to re-read the books soon!

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I went to the premier last night hosted by Walden Media

I loved this movie, the effects were incredible and overall very well done... Kind of on line with the Harry Potter series with LOR like cinematics... It was a little long, but just to the limits of my ability to sit in one single seat, about 2 hours and 20 minutes...

:thumbup:

I did read the books but my memories of them were not good enough to compare them to the movie...

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the movie itself is only 2:05...

Saw it today, and I loved it...I welled up a bunch of times, and it was just amazing to see the book brought to the big screen like that...

I thought the casting was excellent...Edmund particularly was exactly how I pictured him when I read the book.

Aslan looked awesome, best CGI lion ever :)

Mike

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This was a great, great movie. Everything about, cinematography, soundtrack, acting, CGI, action, drama, comedy, some really sad moments, ect.

Came out just in time to be in my top 3 movies of the year somewhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison