The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Just got back from seeing it with the wife and kids. Bravo! Very well done, very much like the books. There was much applause at the end, first time I've seen that in a while.

Good thread on this on politics/religion board.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Actually, the movie itself is only 2:05...

Mike

They must have left in some cut scenes at the Premier because there were no Previews, it started at 4:00 and it ended at 6:20 dead on... :shrug:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the movie. The special effects were astounding and Tilda Swinton was scarier than hell as the witch.

However..... I found the children actors well below par. Georgie Henley's acting left no doubt that she was acting, i.e. no real feeling in any of it (her smiles were so fake as to elicit groans from adult viewers). The rest of the children were at best, mildly irritating. And... in a singular gesture of prejudice on my part, if I have to plow through one more movie of British accents, I'm going to puke. In this one, I thought maybe it was just me (being an old, nearly deaf fart), but on more than one occasion, I'd ask my wife, "what'd they say?" to which she'd respond, "I haven't a friggin' clue.

3.5 out of 5 stars. Definitely worth a see.

p.s. I saw on one of the morning shows that this is supposed to be a "Christian" movie. Outside of good triumphing over evil, I don't get it. Can somebody enlighten me, please? :shrug:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
UncleChris said:
p.s. I saw on one of the morning shows that this is supposed to be a "Christian" movie. Outside of good triumphing over evil, I don't get it. Can somebody enlighten me, please? :shrug:

it was not so much a christian book as much as a book written by a christian.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has parallels to the story of Christ, the passion of Aslan, etc.

But the parallels and the controversy around it in this movie are extremely overblown. Seems the fanatical christians want to hang pictures of Aslan in their homes now, and the riotous left want to burn the film lest someone think about Jesus once or twice.

Much ado about very little, IMO.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
UncleChris said:

Sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.

Leader who sacrafices himself for the greater good only to be come back to life.

Footsteps in the sand(famous Chirstian saying) at the end of the movie.

Aslan goes off to a far off place past the lake to be with the creator only to back back when he is needed.

There is a lot of symbology in this movie, but it doesnt preach it to you which is why most dont see the symbols in it being christian.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
UncleChris said:
And... in a singular gesture of prejudice on my part, if I have to plow through one more movie of British accents, I'm going to puke. In this one, I thought maybe it was just me (being an old, nearly deaf fart), but on more than one occasion, I'd ask my wife, "what'd they say?" to which she'd respond, "I haven't a friggin' clue.

Prejudice indeed. The actors and characters are all British...what do you want them to do, talk with a Jersey accent? :D

Try making out what Brad Pitt is saying in Snatch ;)

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Prejudice indeed. The actors and characters are all British...what do you want them to do, talk with a Jersey accent? :D

Thanks a lot, wise guy!!
You must be registered for see images

I'd go for a good ol' midwestern nasal twang...... ;)

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
finally took my family to see narnia and we all really liked it, i loved the books and i enjoyed the movie.....i'm looking forward to the next one.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night on DVD - very good movie, really enjoyed it.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I loved this movie! I can't wait for the next one!
I believe this is the first movie for all the kids. I read that the little girl not shown the Narnia set prior to the first time she comes through the closet. Her reaction was real and they just filmed as she saw it for the first time.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it for my bday today! :thumbup: Can't wait to watch it again!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. Great cinematography. I love when movies are filmed in New Zealand. They did a great job on the lion.