Try to pry from another team:
Tyronn Lue
Chauncey Billups
Willie Green

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
All signs point to Budenholzer. Not sure how much I love it, but also realize that a young guy would likely be a difficult sell to the current group. Hopefully he brings a motivational/strategic advantage.

Gambo says 2-4 options at most, will make a decision soon...likely within the next week.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I don't think Budenholzer is a good choice. I would much rather try fresh blood.

Strongly suggests the plan is to run it back, which is a mistake.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If we are indeed only going to interview 3-4 candidates I talk to:

Mike Budenholzer
Nate McMillan
Chris Quinn
David Adelman

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember why he got fired. He refused to double team Jimmy Butler who single handedly beat Milwaukee. It was obvious that is what needed to be done.

I don't really like any coach that is that rigid and unwilling to change.

I also remember the Milwaukee fans hated him, that usually happens for a reason.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I remember why he got fired. He refused to double team Jimmy Butler who single handedly beat Milwaukee. It was obvious that is what needed to be done.

That's it? What other examples are there of his rigidness? Not saying you're wrong, but that one example isn't enough to completely disregard his candidacy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's it? What other examples are there of his rigidness? Not saying you're wrong, but that one example isn't enough to completely disregard his candidacy.
I am just sick of retreads in general.

Their ceiling is mediocrity or they would still have a job. You take a chance on a young guy and you might get lucky and get a great coach.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah pretty sure im team bud right now - altho it was pretty weird how giannis ran him out milwaukee

The theory was that Giannis wanted Thanasis to get playing time. Bud wouldn't budge on that. Its a players league, so they went with the player and not the coach.

If true, I like this but it will be interesting to watch KD's body language with Bud at the helm.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The theory was that Giannis wanted Thanasis to get playing time. Bud wouldn't budge on that. Its a players league, so they went with the player and not the coach.

If true, I like this but it will be interesting to watch KD's body language with Bud at the helm.
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... i like how he doesn't bow down to superstar-dumb

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also remember the Milwaukee fans hated him, that usually happens for a reason.
As opposed to the adjustments, he made in the NBA finals that allowed Milwaukee to beat the suns?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That should fix everything. ;)

Gambo was just reciting all of the head coaches Booker (drafted in 2015) has played for the other day. Maybe the 7th one will be a charm for you guys.

Vogel was to blame for your team's failures about as much as Ham was for the Lakers. Both were just fall guys for failures elsewhere in the organization.
Can’t hold any pre-monty coaching failures against book. He didn’t have any talent around him those years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am just sick of retreads in general.

Their ceiling is mediocrity or they would still have a job. You take a chance on a young guy and you might get lucky and get a great coach.
Still not sure if he's a good choice or not, but his record certainly doesn't scream "mediocre" to me.