Your best and worst picks of day 2?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
My favorite is the Illinois TE Tip Reiman. Outside of the round one picks I think he may be the biggest contributor in year one, especially early on. I suspect Drew Petzing is going to run more and more 12 packages and fewer 3 wide receiver sets. And at minimum Reiman is going to be a day one contributor on almost all the special teams units. He was a captain at Illinois. I love that. Someone mentioned Maxx Williams. If that is the comp that is great.

My least favorite is the BC CB Elijah Jones. Maybe he develops on the practice squad. Maybe he doesn't.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Best is Melton.

Worst, sorry, I don't have a worst. But changing worst to surprising, I'd go the TE, because I didn't see a 3rd round need, and was hoping for our second WR. But, Harry's writeup made me feel better.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I’m really liking Benson. I was surprised we took a TE, but then everyone kept calling him a Maxx Williams clone and then I understood. I was upset we passed on Kool-Aid and then I read all about Melton and I realized Monti might now more about football than me. Lol

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i felt like there were better OL prospects available than Adams when they took him.

he is interesting - the Nagy (Senior Bowl Director) analysis makes me feel a bit better -- but still. Feels like a guy you could have had in Rd 4 or 5

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Best: Melton + Reiman (trade back) instead of drafting DeJean
Worst: Adams, surely there are better pulling guards

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Best: Melton + Reiman (trade back) instead of drafting DeJean
Worst: Adams, surely there are better pulling guards
As to Adams, you’re right about technique. The Cards love to pull and I’m not sure Adams can.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Have no idea if he can, but I'm guessing the team thinks he can. Was he at the Senior Bowl, as we had coaches there who might have come away as to whether he's a fit.

Yeah, his OL coach at the Senior Bowl was the Cardinals asst OL Coach. He got a lot of time with him that week obviously.

On a similar note Reiman's Offensive Coordinator at the Shrine Game was the Cards passing game coordinator/WR coach.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy

Best is Benson. Worst is Adams.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Best = Melton by far

Worst = Reiman by far

Benson is growing on me. I had no idea he ran sub 4.4 but would’ve liked to see more agility numbers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Best - Melton

Worst - Reiman...and I like him, just feel like back up TEs grow on trees. To me Reiman isn't a pick for a non-playoff team.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best - Melton

Worst - Reiman...and I like him, just feel like back up TEs grow on trees. To me Reiman isn't a pick for a non-playoff team.
But will he be a back up? PJ moving over to LT and how much we like to run the ball I bet Reiman gets on the field a lot.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Benson was my favorite running back in this class. Big, fast and makes people miss. The concerns about agility here are surprising to me as his highlight reel is full of him making quick cuts and destroying defender’s angles. In fact, I read somewhere that he made over 50% of first tacklers miss him and the knock was that he might dance TOO much. I LOVE that we got him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Benson was my favorite running back in this class. Big, fast and makes people miss. The concerns about agility here are surprising to me as his highlight reel is full of him making quick cuts and destroying defender’s angles. In fact, I read somewhere that he made over 50% of first tacklers miss him and the knock was that he might dance TOO much. I LOVE that we got him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Didn’t really see a lot of what you were describing but definitely has good vision plus plant and go speed. Hope he’s one of those back that’s better as a pro than he was in college.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison