The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PHX/LAL taking Ariza. JJ trying to help out his buddy Lebron again.

Are you predicting or is this something that's floating around the net? I certainly wouldn't mind a trade that brought back Kuzma and Hart but I don't have a clue how to make the money work with just 2 teams.

Edit: Never mind, there's a thread on the rumor now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you predicting or is this something that's floating around the net? I certainly wouldn't mind a trade that brought back Kuzma and Hart but I don't have a clue how to make the money work with just 2 teams.

Edit: Never mind, there's a thread on the rumor now.
Man I’d take Kuzma and throw in the bucks pick.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man I’d take Kuzma and throw in the bucks pick.
Sounds more like Lonzo Ball is the whole wanting to land a "playmaking PG" thing is true.

With Lonzo Ball reportedly having threatened his father to cut him off financially, Lavar Ball has not been an issue or distraction either. I wouldn't mind it but I assume we may have to add more to the trade such as the MIL pick or perhaps even Bridges.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
It’s funny. You guys may be Suns fans but not NBA fans. There is no one on the Suns roster including Booker and Ayton, that would net them Lonzo, Kuzma or Hart.. .lets at least be real guys.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s funny. You guys may be Suns fans but not NBA fans. There is no one on the Suns roster including Booker and Ayton, that would net them Lonzo, Kuzma or Hart.. .lets at least be real guys.

Are you trolling? You don't think Booker or Ayton could net Lonzo, Kuzma, or Hart?

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Not on Bookers or Ayton BEST day. I watch all the Suns and Lakers games. It’s not even close. Kuzma and Hart are well rounded players which Booker is not and Lonzo is probably the best defensive guard in the league.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not on Bookers or Ayton BEST day. I watch all the Suns and Lakers games. It’s not even close. Kuzma and Hart are well rounded players which Booker is not and Lonzo is probably the best defensive guard in the league.
Credibility = zero

Get outta here with that garbage.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In addition to the content being absolutely inane.

Yeah I could actually see someone making an argument (weak though it may be) that Kuzma is more valuable to the Lakers than either Booker or Ayton but Hart? Get real. We may be setting our hopes too high for a player like Ariza but at least there's a hint of reality in our comments.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets picked up Swaggy P

I'm probably dreaming but maybe that's a precursor to trading Monte Morris to us for Ariza? There'd have to be another player involved to get the dollars right. Looking at the trade machine, Plumlee seems to be the only match so it's probably not going to happen without a 3rd team involved that can eat some money.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm probably dreaming but maybe that's a precursor to trading Monte Morris to us for Ariza? There'd have to be another player involved to get the dollars right. Looking at the trade machine, Plumlee seems to be the only match so it's probably not going to happen without a 3rd team involved that can eat some money.

Who the frack is Monte Morris?

Edit: Never mind. Yet another G-Leaguer:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/morrimo01.html

Just for once, can we please get a real, NBA level point guard?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling the trade that sends Ariza out will involve a PG that Kokoskov has a history with, Rubio or Dragic, or we'll swing for the fences with an overpay for a former All-Star. By former All-Star though I mean someone who won't likely make another trip to the All-Star game since they would be in the West but it was questionable that they were an All-Star anyways like Jeff Teague, Kemba Walker, John Wall, or IT. Ariza plus a 1st for one of those guys and it won't be the Bucks pick. Of course if were Denver the salaries would be very difficult to match but Holmes would work straight up for IT, maybe with the Bucks pick involved as well. That gives Denver a high energy big to backup Jokic and Millsap and they don't need to worry about IT returning and throwing their team into a tailspin like he did in Cleveland.

I also have a bad feeling that Holmes will go out with Ariza since we signed another rebounding high energy big. Something about that move bothers me.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I also have a bad feeling that Holmes will go out with Ariza since we signed another rebounding high energy big. Something about that move bothers me.
Why? We're playing (when he is not injured) Warren out of position at Power Forward. As I posted in the other thread, our new big man could be part of a 3-way rotation at C/PF, especially if Ayton is not ready to dominate at Center yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05