The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? We're playing (when he is not injured) Warren out of position at Power Forward. As I posted in the other thread, our new big man could be part of a 3-way rotation at C/PF, especially if Ayton is not ready to dominate at Center yet.

It's nothing I want to see happen but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the Suns tried cashing in on Holmes now since his value is probably at an all time high.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm probably dreaming but maybe that's a precursor to trading Monte Morris to us for Ariza? There'd have to be another player involved to get the dollars right. Looking at the trade machine, Plumlee seems to be the only match so it's probably not going to happen without a 3rd team involved that can eat some money.
Huh hadn’t really heard of the guy but that opened my eyes. Unfortunately as a deep 2nd round rookie integral to their success there’s no way we are capable of prying him away.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh hadn’t really heard of the guy but that opened my eyes. Unfortunately as a deep 2nd round rookie integral to their success there’s no way we are capable of prying him away.

Yeah, I can't think of any reason they'd want to move him except the off chance that losing Millsap might motivate them to consider it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't think of any reason they'd want to move him except the off chance that losing Millsap might motivate them to consider it.
Hmm that’s interesting I hadn’t seen that he just broke his toe. But I think they’d look for something different than ariza as his replacement.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm that’s interesting I hadn’t seen that he just broke his toe. But I think they’d look for something different than ariza as his replacement.

Probably but he's a fairly unusual player so it won't be easy to match what he does.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone read that article about Robin Lopez warning players that he would fine them if they showed up for Boylen's (punitive) Sunday practice? Wow.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone read that article about Robin Lopez warning players that he would fine them if they showed up for Boylen's (punitive) Sunday practice? Wow.

That doesn't seem to be what happened. Lopez actually helped patch things up between Boylan and players. A player, unknown who, said that players should no show practice after their back to back. They contacted the players association because a team isn't supposed to practice right after a back to back.

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news...im-boylen-forced-practice-after-back-to-back/

And another source, Yahoo,

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-turmoil-jim-boylens-chicago-bulls-193241523.html

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn't seem to be what happened. Lopez actually helped patch things up between Boylan and players. A player, unknown who, said that players should no show practice after their back to back. They contacted the players association because a team isn't supposed to practice right after a back to back.

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news...im-boylen-forced-practice-after-back-to-back/

And another source, Yahoo,

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-turmoil-jim-boylens-chicago-bulls-193241523.html

The articles on this have changed over the past couple hours. When I wrote my post, the article I had read said that Lopez was the veteran that threatened fines if anyone showed up prepared to practice. Note the "prepared to practice" part. And that may still be true as it doesn't conflict with what is being said now but the text has been changed in every article I can find.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After tonight and this year, neither could not net Kuzma, let alone all 3. Ayton is a work in (slow) progress and Booker is a chucker on a bad team.

I get your point but even if the Lakers wouldn’t trade Kuzma for Booker, they don’t think he’s a chucker.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nuggets picked up Swaggy P
A shame, I wanted the Lakers to bring him back. Especially since they needed 3pt shooting and that’s what Swaggy’s “supposed” to be good at.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shame, I wanted the Lakers to bring him back. Especially since they needed 3pt shooting and that’s what Swaggy’s “supposed” to be good at.

I said it when the Warriors signed him last year and recently Bob Myers politely said it without naming him, Nick Young is a talented guy but he's a headcase. Myers recently said it, and Kerr has too, the Warriors bench has a better mental approach this year. They are IMO specifically talking about not having to deal with Nick Young shooting everytime he touches the ball anymore. he had some games where he was on and helped the team but more often than not he was a net negative and he didn't fit the culture of the team at all because the team is about sharing the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 7 game series with both at full strength would be fun to watch but man is Toronto clicking right now. Blew out the Warriors last night, in Oakland, without Kawhi. They basically led by double digits the last 3 1/2 quarters. Warriors were up 7-4, Toronto went on a 18-4 run to go up 22 to 11 and the lead only went under 10 briefly after that.

Siakam is terrific, Lowry was great. They were very well coached, the entire offense was find the size mismatch and exploit, Green posting up Curry, Siakam posting up Thompson, bigs posting up Looney or Bell etc. they run a bunch of 4 out 1 in so there is no help on the postups.

The Warriors couldn't buy a 3 but much of that was the way Toronto guarded. they funnel you into Ibaka and then run you off the 3.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A 7 game series with both at full strength would be fun to watch but man is Toronto clicking right now. Blew out the Warriors last night, in Oakland, without Kawhi. They basically led by double digits the last 3 1/2 quarters. Warriors were up 7-4, Toronto went on a 18-4 run to go up 22 to 11 and the lead only went under 10 briefly after that.

Siakam is terrific, Lowry was great. They were very well coached, the entire offense was find the size mismatch and exploit, Green posting up Curry, Siakam posting up Thompson, bigs posting up Looney or Bell etc. they run a bunch of 4 out 1 in so there is no help on the postups.

The Warriors couldn't buy a 3 but much of that was the way Toronto guarded. they funnel you into Ibaka and then run you off the 3.
Former NMSU Aggie.:cool::D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former NMSU Aggie.:cool::D

This summer he was a regular at the UCLA campus games where the pros show up. He was in almost all the videos and he looked great there, but I had no idea he'd be this good in actual NBA games considering his age and relative inexperience.

terrific young player.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Have you seen this article about the 76ers practice court? Various items (from advanced statistics) painted on the court to train their players to be in the right spot at the right time of the game.

Such as near the sideline and beyond the the 3-point line. And the most shot-friendly places to be. Ah, the age of modern technology.

Whatever happens to the Suns' stadium issues, they do need a state of the art practice court in a separate location. Nowhere near where the opposing teams can find it.

No other teams have access to it, but the Press has.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ve-never-seen-practice-court-175913138.html

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jabari Parker, anyone?

From rotoworld.com:

Jabari Parker will no longer be a part of the Bulls' regular rotation, according to Malika Andrews of ESPN.com.
Wow. Parker is going to play tonight because Chandler Hutchison is ill, but this is big news after Parker signed a two-year, $40 million deal this past summer. This likely means there's no chance the Bulls would pick up the team option for next season, and that Hutchison may be ahead of him upon his return. Plus, he is also eligible to be traded, so that could be something to watch. Parker is a drop in most leagues. Dec 13 - 9:00 PM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05