NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No, it's not. If you laugh in your bosses face then you'd be reprimanded. Going further back, if you laughed in your teachers face at school then you'd be reprimanded as well.

Technical fouls aren't used as intimidation either. They're one of the only ways an official can reel in a player for being unprofessional or unsportsmanlike.

Saying technicals are used to intimidate players though is a bit ridiculous. That's akin to speeding tickets are used to intimidate you into following the speed limit.
yeah it's not used to intimidate players. It's used to keep them in line. if the refs didn't have that option then what's to stop the players from getting into physical confrontations with the refs or other players? I like that in the playoffs we aren't really seeing techs handed out like they get handed out in the regular season. the refs know a lot is on the line and they are giving all the players a lot more room to complain. it's not just doncic, i saw tatum wave and curse the ref in the last game as well. on another note I saw a meme that had doncic in a pose with his hands up in the air complaining about a call. someone said that his statue outside the dallas arena will be of him in that pose lol.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't disagree if the Suns could get fair value in return. The Suns may have to ride it out and then use his expiring contract as an asset in 2025-26.
What are the odds that the Suns could get back the kind of return we gave for him? I'd think slim to none and slim just left town. We WAY overpaid for an aging superstar.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't disagree if the Suns could get fair value in return. The Suns may have to ride it out and then use his expiring contract as an asset in 2025-26.

We need to move him before he's an expiring. He'll likely still have value but his value is decreasing as time goes on. Plus we've seen James Jones doesn't know how to get value from expiring deals. The risk of waiting is almost as high as acquiring him initially. Time to rip the bandaid off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like always, the old days were better. It makes no sense the Finals are completely different than the rest of the season in pace of games.
From a competition standpoint you're correct. But this is all driven by the networks who want to maximize their product, not just of the NBA but of their regular programming too and having a fixed schedule helps them. When TV was an afterthought, the league drove the schedule but that's no longer the case.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not even sure what "fair value" is?! I can see them moving him after this season but I could also see the above. Let's face it, all the crying, hoping and wishing by some fans is pointless if the Suns are intent on running it back. Repeating it over and over isn't going to change anything. Now all we can hope for is that the coaching change, filling roster spots or potentially trade deadline deals at least gives us a shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not even sure what "fair value" is?! I can see them moving him after this season but I could also see the above. Let's face it, all the crying, hoping and wishing by some fans is pointless if the Suns are intent on running it back. Repeating it over and over isn't going to change anything. Now all we can hope for is that the coaching change, filling roster spots or potentially trade deadline deals at least gives us a shot.

I think the Suns are running it back this coming season with Durant.

Then before and after the 2025-26, they will evaluate where they are. Durant's expiring contract might be as valuable as a trade. Also, they could decide to keep him at a much lower salary.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to move him before he's an expiring. He'll likely still have value but his value is decreasing as time goes on. Plus we've seen James Jones doesn't know how to get value from expiring deals. The risk of waiting is almost as high as acquiring him initially. Time to rip the bandaid off.

I don't see many options at the moment other than running it back this coming season.

Show me a trade half as good as what the Suns gave the Nets and I'd be clamoring to trade Durant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see many options at the moment other than running it back this coming season.

Show me a trade half as good as what the Suns gave the Nets and I'd be clamoring to trade Durant.

I like the potential Golden State deal. I believe it involved Kuminga, Podz, Moody, and Wiggins all coming here with like 2 future 1sts for KD. I like Kuminga and Podz and Moody have potential. Wiggins can stay or be moved again. The picks will give us something to work with if someone becomes available.

It's not what we gave up but it's mulligans aren't allowed. It gives us some pieces for the future, helps balance our payroll some, and gives us a more complete team as a whole.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely not Luka's peak as suggested earlier in the thread. If he ever came into camp in shape...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the potential Golden State deal. I believe it involved Kuminga, Podz, Moody, and Wiggins all coming here with like 2 future 1sts for KD. I like Kuminga and Podz and Moody have potential. Wiggins can stay or be moved again. The picks will give us something to work with if someone becomes available.

It's not what we gave up but it's mulligans aren't allowed. It gives us some pieces for the future, helps balance our payroll some, and gives us a more complete team as a whole.

If this trade were on the table, sign me up.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What are the odds that the Suns could get back the kind of return we gave for him? I'd think slim to none and slim just left town. We WAY overpaid for an aging superstar.
That's the way of Arizona sports teams. :( :mad:. Way over pay and aging.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is absolutely not Luka's peak as suggested earlier in the thread. If he ever came into camp in shape...

I'm no fan of Luka but this idea he's peaked is laughable. He's 25-26 years old and injured. He's been getting pain injections before each game and clearly is 70-80% of his normal self. Throw in the conditioning issues and he hasn't peaked. I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 35+ ppg while also averaging around 10 boards and 10 assists. If he can become a decent team defender then the Mavericks could become a real force. A lot of folks never thought Booker could be a decent defender as well and he most definitely has, for probably 3 seasons now. Luka just needs to get to the level where teams don't hunt him down on defense. Better conditioning will help him get there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, there is nothing indicating anything close to this is on the table. Just made up scenarios.

Except Golden State does reportedly have interest in KD.

This isn't the first or only place that has made a suggestion like this. KD has expressed his frustrations of how he was used here. There's smoke but continue to ignore it.
Dismiss the notion of Kevin Durant rejoining the Dubs at your own peril. The 35-year-old swingman could be on the hunt for a scenery change after the Suns' first-round sweep, and the Warriors have quite the opportunity to make a recruiting pitch with Curry, Durant and coach Steve Kerr all joining forces again at the Olympics.
Durant and Curry will reunite in July as members of Team USA. Kerr is the head coach," NBC Sports Bay Area's Monte Poole noted. "Assuming no movement in the interim, they will have almost six weeks to engage in conversation and reminiscence. ... A KD-Warriors reunion is not as far-fetched as it might seem."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Luka but this idea he's peaked is laughable. He's 25-26 years old and injured. He's been getting pain injections before each game and clearly is 70-80% of his normal self. Throw in the conditioning issues and he hasn't peaked. I wouldn't be surprised to see him average 35+ ppg while also averaging around 10 boards and 10 assists. If he can become a decent team defender then the Mavericks could become a real force. A lot of folks never thought Booker could be a decent defender as well and he most definitely has, for probably 3 seasons now. Luka just needs to get to the level where teams don't hunt him down on defense. Better conditioning will help him get there.
I’d say the jury is out on Booker most definitely being anything on defense. He was a solid to very good defender for 2 seasons and then backslid horribly last year when he was absolutely atrocious.

That’s 2 seasons out of 9 that’s he’s been a decent defender with the other 7 being average at best to down right terrible.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d say the jury is out on Booker most definitely being anything on defense. He was a solid to very good defender for 2 seasons and then backslid horribly last year when he was absolutely atrocious.

That’s 2 seasons out of 9 that’s he’s been a decent defender with the other 7 being average at best to down right terrible.

You're exaggerating his struggles last season. The only guard that played better defense on our roster last year was Okogie. Booker went from being very good to very average... but a lot of that was him being tasked with guarding the oppositions best guard (again, unless Okogie happened to be on the court). He also was doing far far more ball handling than had been asked of him before.

Furthermore, Ayton was about 10 times better than Nurkic at dealing with penetration and cutting guys off before they get to the rim. Once one of our guys got best last season it was either a layup or we had to collapse the defense, leading to wide open threes. Ayton's ability to defend all the way out to the perimiter gave our guards more leway to play aggressive on D. Nurk has no ability to defend away from the hoop so our guys have to sag off and try to keep dudes from getting by them.

This isn't not a denial of Ayton being an inconsistent, gutless, headcase... but he did do somethings very well, and that was one of them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except Golden State does reportedly have interest in KD.

This isn't the first or only place that has made a suggestion like this. KD has expressed his frustrations of how he was used here. There's smoke but continue to ignore it.
That's not what the article says. It's just throwing out possible scenarios. It only says that Golden State wants to make a move. The part about KD is pure speculation and is written from a perspective of a Golden State possible moves. It also includes "possible" scenarios for KAT, Markkanen, Ingram and Mitchell.

Making a suggestion, throwing out wild trade scenarios doesn't mean there is any substance to it no matter how badly some wish it was. Something might change but until the Suns decide they don't want to run it back with this 3 or KD forces someones hand? He isn't going anywhere. Again, it might change but it doesn't appear it will right now.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Beals not a 30pt/game scorer anymore but People’s takes about him here have become ridicukous in the other direction. “Barely starter material or more likely off the bench on a good team” - cmon. That’s ridiculous.

I'd feel different if he'd play well in a single playoff game this past season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky