10 thoughts - Rams game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Kyler Murray. Are you kidding me? Wow! He looks so comfortable in Petzing’s offense.

2 – At the beginning of last season, I had a clear impression that Hjalte Froholdt only played in lack of someone better. Not anymore. He is a bona fide stud.

3 – I have seen several people – both here and on other platforms – explaining (at least partly) the blowout with how the Rams were beat up. Give me break! They are an NFL team. It is some of the best players in the world with some of the best coaches in the world. As long as you have a competent quarterback, you should be competitive.

4 – Bilal Nicols looked like an All Pro through the first quarter. The rest of the game, he, Justin Jones and Roy Lopez were all above average on the D-line.

5 – It is very hard, and a bit stupid, to argue against a coordinator that just took the Rams’ dignity away, but I must say that I was surprised with how little Kei’Trel Clark played after his impressive game last week. And he still got a tackle for loss in his eight snaps.

6 – I really like when the Cards defer to the second half after winning the coin toss. The sequence with the last drive of the first half and first drive of the second half is criminally underrated. Look at last week where the Bills went from 3-17 to 17-17 without giving the Cards’ offense any chance, since the Bills had the ball on two drives in a row. In this game there was no 14 point-swing, but there easily could have if not for the sack of Murray right before the two-minute warning.

7 – Disappointing performance by Tre Benson (I’m not worried. Just pointing it out).

8 – You can’t talk about this game without mentioning Budda Baker. We all know that he is great, but this was arguably his best game in many years.

9 – Kudos to the offensive line. Even Beachum held up fine.

10 – On this melody:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

“He will get sacks

They cannot hold him back

He will get sacks

He will dance just more and more

He will get sacks

He will get sacks

Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Said Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Gardeck’s on fire

NaNa NaNa NaNa Na NaNa NaNa Na.”

seacow

Reaction score
1 – Kyler Murray. Are you kidding me? Wow! He looks so comfortable in Petzing’s offense.

2 – At the beginning of last season, I had a clear impression that Hjalte Froholdt only played in lack of someone better. Not anymore. He is a bona fide stud.

3 – I have seen several people – both here and on other platforms – explaining (at least partly) the blowout with how the Rams were beat up. Give me break! They are an NFL team. It is some of the best players in the world with some of the best coaches in the world. As long as you have a competent quarterback, you should be competitive.

4 – Bilal Nicols looked like an All Pro through the first quarter. The rest of the game, he, Justin Jones and Roy Lopez were all above average on the D-line.

5 – It is very hard, and a bit stupid, to argue against a coordinator that just took the Rams’ dignity away, but I must say that I was surprised with how little Kei’Trel Clark played after his impressive game last week. And he still got a tackle for loss in his eight snaps.

6 – I really like when the Cards defer to the second half after winning the coin toss. The sequence with the last drive of the first half and first drive of the second half is criminally underrated. Look at last week where the Bills went from 3-17 to 17-17 without giving the Cards’ offense any chance, since the Bills had the ball on two drives in a row. In this game there was no 14 point-swing, but there easily could have if not for the sack of Murray right before the two-minute warning.

7 – Disappointing performance by Tre Benson (I’m not worried. Just pointing it out).

8 – You can’t talk about this game without mentioning Budda Baker. We all know that he is great, but this was arguably his best game in many years.

10 – On this melody:

“He will get sacks

He will get sacks

He will get sacks

He will get sacks

Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Said Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Gardeck’s on fire

Offenses are terrified

Gardeck’s on fire

NaNa NaNa NaNa Na NaNa NaNa Na.”

#10 is an interesting point that highlights the difference between American Football and soccer (the original football ). There is never any cohesive football chants or singing. Don’t get me wrong it’s very noisy, but the atmosphere is very different to a soccer match which is more united and us against them kind of mentality.

The song you reference is coincidentally used by my soccer team (PNE) to sing about Will Keane, a striker.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RB2?

Feel that we need some output there, even though Kyler is effectively RB2.

On one of his runs he almost got wiped. Slid under a steamrolling defender by inches. It's an incredible asset but one I don't think we can afford to over-use. A real balancing act because our win % goes up as his run yards do from memory.

Similar with Conner. Is playing well but getting a high percentage of workload. It's a long season and you don't want to grind him into the ground.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I thought Tre Benson was supposed to be the best running back coming out of the draft this past year?

Reactions: PJ1

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Tre Benson was supposed to be the best running back coming out of the draft this past year?
Between him and Brooks (coming off of ACL), though I thought Braellon Allen was a beast.

Benson has the homerun speed, he's still learning. It could go poorly. I believe the 49ers have had 3 3rd round pick running backs in the last 5 years get drafted and cut before ever getting real snaps. On the other hand, the niners have also been hitting with their undrafted runningbacks.

I think Benson will figure it out.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray has shown glimpses of being this good..it's been a frustrating ride, but I've always envisioned him as a guy who could torture defenses.

It looks like all that he needed was the right staff and players around him to unlock his potential.
I've been a Froholdt truther for awhile now. He was good last year. I said it last year and will say it again, he looks like the best Cardinals center during the Arizona era.
The Rams defense was largely healthy, that's the counter argument. And the Cardinals have never been able to use this excuse.
Roy Lopez has looked particularly improved. I saw him get good penetration a few times.
I think until a CB outside of Garrett Williams and SMB really establishes himself, we are going to see a mish mash of snaps.
I'm a fan of deferring.
It's a common issue that you see with young backs. Not worried.
That TFL on Kyren Williams was textbook.
It's refreshing to see a staff that can ID OL players and put them in the position to be successful. The Cardinals just ran over the Rams. It was nice to see.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
#10 is an interesting point that highlights the difference between American Football and soccer (the original football ). There is never any cohesive football chants or singing. Don’t get me wrong it’s very noisy, but the atmosphere is very different to a soccer match which is more united and us against them kind of mentality.

The song you reference is coincidentally used by my soccer team (PNE) to sing about Will Keane, a striker.
Watch college football.

seacow

Reaction score
Watch college football.

I’m sorry if my post comes across as if I was trying to make out American Football fans are less passionate, I definitely didn’t mean that. The passion is palpable.

That video is cool! How come that singing / chanting doesn’t happen in the NFL? Although I’ve only been to three games, one in AZ and two in the UK so my sample size is small…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m sorry if my post comes across as if I was trying to make out American Football fans are less passionate, I definitely didn’t mean that. The passion is palpable.
I didn't think you were saying that at all.
That video is cool! How come that singing / chanting doesn’t happen in the NFL? Although I’ve only been to three games, one in AZ and two in the UK so my sample size is small…
Hmm, I think it's the passion that is created by having the alumnis networks and of the students. College football is huge in the American South.

seacow

Reaction score
Would it be possible to create something similar at home?

The other thing that happens in soccer is there’s usually a few fans with drums, trumpets etc which keeps all the fans in time when singing. It’s pretty special to experience.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to create something similar at home?

The other thing that happens in soccer is there’s usually a few fans with drums, trumpets etc which keeps all the fans in time when singing. It’s pretty special to experience.
That is strictly forbidden by NFL rules.. No instrument that makes noise is allowed in the venue.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The argument of the Rams having injuries is lame. We're missing two defensive starters (BJ and Darius), our RT and #3 WR. We held them to 10 points, with 7 being in garbage time and scored 41. The defense showing up with two key players down in an already weak defense says it all.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is strictly forbidden by NFL rules.. No instrument that makes noise is allowed in the venue.
Yeah, I even had to sneak in a bunch of plastic megaphones to the NFC Championship game. Technically they don't "make noise" but it's a grey area with security.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The argument of the Rams having injuries is lame. We're missing two defensive starters (BJ and Darius), our RT and #3 WR. We held them to 10 points, with 7 being in garbage time and scored 41. The defense showing up with two key players down in an already weak defense says it all.
This right here ladies and gentlemen :yeahthat:

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On one of his runs he almost got wiped. Slid under a steamrolling defender by inches. It's an incredible asset but one I don't think we can afford to over-use. A real balancing act because our win % goes up as his run yards do from memory.
Yes, ROW, he was about to get decapitated, but the other perspective is that he did great by eluding the hit. If he got hit, he could easily have been injured, but he has always been good at protecting himself. I remember how that was also a topic when he was at Oklahoma, that he was rarely tackled.

I agree with your overall point, though. He ran for five times, and that might be a good number to keep the threat without using it too much. You could also argue that it would almost become predictable if the weapon is used too often.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray has shown glimpses of being this good..it's been a frustrating ride, but I've always envisioned him as a guy who could torture defenses.
Yes, Krang, but that was my point in writing how he looks very comfortable in Petzing’s offense. He plays in rhythm and takes good decisions. It is different from his previous great games.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yes, I know that different. It was also more of a fun thing. I immediately thought about that chant when I saw Gardeck playing like he did. :)

I wish it would be more integrated in the NFL experience. As you mention, there is a lot of people in the stands, and the fans can certainly make noise. I am sure that singing or chanting could become a thing in some of the many game breaks, and instead of using drums, the stadium DJ could kind of orchestrate it. I am sure it would make the experience more fun for everyone.

I actually didn’t’ know what Krang shows in this thread, that it is a thing in college. I have never seen it in the NFL, other than Jets-fans with their J-E-T-S, and Eagles fans with their fight song.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser