NFL loses $4.7 BILLION Sunday Ticket Lawsuit

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you’d still have to subscribe to YouTube also?

What I read said no. You could get a ticket only package. Again not saying it WILL happen but apparently the NFL is strongly considering something like that, when the word got out about what ESPN had planned and the NFL said no, the NFL realized they look REALLY bad right now.

I would love to see something like that happen but it's not a guarantee yet just I've read a couple of articles that say it COULD happen because of the fallout from the lawsuit

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I read said no. You could get a ticket only package. Again not saying it WILL happen but apparently the NFL is strongly considering something like that, when the word got out about what ESPN had planned and the NFL said no, the NFL realized they look REALLY bad right now.

I would love to see something like that happen but it's not a guarantee yet just I've read a couple of articles that say it COULD happen because of the fallout from the lawsuit
Man… that would be awesome but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just sucks beyond words that the NFL charges 450 bucks for this when the NBA let’s fans pay 100 bucks for access to one individual team as part of their League Pass. I would absolutely buy it for 100 bucks just for the Cardinals.
Holy crap is that the new cost? 450???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI a federal judge in California just overturned the verdict and threw the case out! He said 2 expert witnesses gave misleading testimony that led to the jurors misinterpreting and thus miscalculating the damages. Rather than just say there has to be a new trial, he threw it out.

He agreed there was clearly some sort of plan by the NFL to make Sunday Ticket so expensive people wouldn't buy it and would instead watch local games, but in the end he said there wasn't proof of harm so threw the case out.

THey can appeal again.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI a federal judge in California just overturned the verdict and threw the case out! He said 2 expert witnesses gave misleading testimony that led to the jurors misinterpreting and thus miscalculating the damages. Rather than just say there has to be a new trial, he threw it out.

He agreed there was clearly some sort of plan by the NFL to make Sunday Ticket so expensive people wouldn't buy it and would instead watch local games, but in the end he said there wasn't proof of harm so threw the case out.

THey can appeal again.
What's funny is for years Sunday ticket was a measly 199.00 or 249.90 I actually find that insanely cheap for any game all season long….. But i definitely remember people on this board even bitching about that price back then. Which I found crazy. Plus half the time you could call and bitch and get it for free anyways or 50% off that. The lawsuit in my opinion is bunk.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think the real reason for the lawsuit is that you actually get very few games on the Sunday Ticket. They have over diversified across multiple streams

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think the real reason for the lawsuit is that you actually get very few games on the Sunday Ticket. They have over diversified across multiple streams
I don't know.. All your missing out are Sunday Monday and Thursday night games through much of the season. Still gives you access to 13 games each week or 11 once Byes start. I still find that incredibly affordable. But JMO. Not sure about the international ones since I don't get up that early.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What's funny is for years Sunday ticket was a measly 199.00 or 249.90 I actually find that insanely cheap for any game all season long….. But i definitely remember people on this board even bitching about that price back then. Which I found crazy. Plus half the time you could call and bitch and get it for free anyways or 50% off that. The lawsuit in my opinion is bunk.
Considering you can get it in Canada for next to nothing, I think their pricing is bunk.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the ticket in 1998. At that time it was $199 AND I was promised I would be grandfathered in at that price.
For a while I had to call and remind them their price increase shouldn’t apply to me and they gave me the cheaper price.
After a couple of years they stopped that.
Now I have a fire stick with a code which gets me all the games and 4000 channels, pay per views and more. Here’s one snag. You have to have REALLY good WiFi to avoid buffering.
Message me if you’d like information.

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the ticket in 1998. At that time it was $199 AND I was promised I would be grandfathered in at that price.
For a while I had to call and remind them their price increase shouldn’t apply to me and they gave me the cheaper price.
After a couple of years they stopped that.
Now I have a fire stick with a code which gets me all the games and 4000 channels, pay per views and more. Here’s one snag. You have to have REALLY good WiFi to avoid buffering.
Message me if you’d like some info.
BTW we do not condone this at all. But if you want to make sure that you do not accidentally stumble into doing this, it may behoove you to PM him to make sure the steps he took you are not taking.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser