*Warning* Preseason Practices with Tweets

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Cam Thomas looked much better against the Colts. Better than he looked all of last year.
I think JG is still interested in keeping Cam Thomas. When Keim drafted him, Vance had him drop 10 lbs for the 2022 season. Then JG had him gain the 10 lbs back for 2023. And now in 2024, they have him maintaining the 10 lbs, but he’s stronger & faster than he’s ever been. I think he’d already been gone if the Cardinals didn’t have a plan for him going forward. We’ll see soon enough.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wish I had a better grip on special teams guys but it is tough to tell. If Moore can play teams then Pascal is probably cut.
Makes it rough because the new KO rules kinda reduce the impact of speed. But you still need gunners on punt coverage.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On the third play, the blocking by the left side was perfect. The double team by Adams and Jones, with the block by Reiman opening the hole. Then Jones passing off to pick up the LB at the next level, with Gaines pulling through the hole to take on the other LB. That was nice.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On the third play, the blocking by the left side was perfect. The double team by Adams and Jones, with the block by Reiman opening the hole. Then Jones passing off to pick up the LB at the next level, with Gaines pulling through the hole to take on the other LB. That was nice.

There a better angle of that 3rd play from the front. He engages the DE and then uses a a great hand swipe to knock down the DE's left arm. It throws the DE right off balance and Reiman eats him for breakfast.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting that the Cardinals seem always have an eye for good safety, Wilson, Badger, Budda, JT, and now DTD, but not so much on other (more premium) positions.

Too early to say on Rabbit, considering the reports through camp were that he was quiet. Safeties tend to be noisy players in preseason because guys are slower and there's more space for flashy big hits and stuff.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Totally agree. Great design. Sadly it was called back by the holding call on Jones (No.75). I didn't see the holding in the game time but it is clear here in the clip. Jones held the Colts' No.50 LB from tackling Benson. I saw good block instinct in Jones but he needs to work on awareness and technique. He is at least 50 lbs heavier than that LB so all he needed was to push him off balance.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the blocking was perfect. If you watch it closely, everything you say is 100% until Jones decided to hang on to the LB at the second level. Slow it down and you can see why he was called for holding on the play. Initially, I thought the refs got it wrong because I though Jones pancaked the guy but the hold was slightly before that.

Everything said, Reiman looks like a great addition and if he can catch, it's an added benefit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser