OP
Ronin

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Darlington

@JeffDarlington

Breaking News: Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel has signed a new contract that extends him through the 2028 season, sources said. Under McDaniel, the Dolphins had the top-ranked offense in the NFL in 2023 (first time since 1994). They also had their first back-to-back playoff appearances in 23 years.

I’m told McDaniel has an especially strong working relationship with GM Chris Grier, CEO Tom Garfinkel and cap guru Brandon Shore. It’s the type of cohesive group that owner Steve Ross covets.Playoff wins are obviously the final piece to the puzzle, but the organization believes McDaniel is the coach to lead them there.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff Darlington
@JeffDarlington

Breaking News: Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel has signed a new contract that extends him through the 2028 season, sources said. Under McDaniel, the Dolphins had the top-ranked offense in the NFL in 2023 (first time since 1994). They also had their first back-to-back playoff appearances in 23 years.

I’m told McDaniel has an especially strong working relationship with GM Chris Grier, CEO Tom Garfinkel and cap guru Brandon Shore. It’s the type of cohesive group that owner Steve Ross covets.Playoff wins are obviously the final piece to the puzzle, but the organization believes McDaniel is the coach to lead them there.
Shades of Michael Kliff and Keim

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://x.com/AdamSchefter
Adam Schefter
https://x.com/AdamSchefter
@AdamSchefter

ESPN sources: Chargers reached agreement today with Cameron Dicker “The Kicker” on a four-year, $22.004 million extension that includes $12.5 million guaranteed, making him one of the top five highest-paid kickers in the NFL, just ahead of Evan McPherson and Graham Gano. The deal ties Dicker to the Chargers through the 2028 season.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Smart if you ask me. If Jacoby succeeds then great no harm and Maye can enjoy a redshirt year. If he fails then you can pull him and Maye gets to come in and save the day.
I think that's what's going to happen anyway. I guess my point is why delay it? Pats are gonna stink and from what little preseason action I saw, Maye looked better and the team clearly rallied around him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man I knew he was picked too high but my goodness has Trey Lance hit bottom yet?

5 picks in a preseason game? There's rumors Dallas will cut him but the coach said he thinks he'll be in the NFL for a long time so maybe not.

Amazing the same guys who scouted and took him got the steal of the draft for ages in Brock Purdy
jerry jones for whatever reason sees him as a real insurance policy to dak Prescott. That trade combined with not extending Prescott is a clear act by Jones. My guess is that Prescott will be gone after this season (largely because Prescott doesn't want to be there anymore) and Jerry will sell the idea of Trey Lance being a starter. it reminds me of Tony Romo and in some ways, except romo wasn't a first rounder. he wasn't drafted. Romo had all the looks of a guy who never would play in the NFL. Important distinction, I don't think Trey Lance is Romo 2.0. This is me trying to imagine what Jerry Jones is thinking. Jerry is the worst GM in football and is only surviving because he has a great scouting department and a competent coaching staff who put up with his lunacy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
jerry jones for whatever reason sees him as a real insurance policy to dak Prescott. That trade combined with not extending Prescott is a clear act by Jones. My guess is that Prescott will be gone after this season and Jerry will sell the idea of Trey Lance being a starter. it reminds me of Tony Romo and in some ways, except romo wasn't a first rounder. he wasn't drafted. Romo had all the looks of a guy who never would play in the NFL. Important distinction, I don't think Trey Lance is Romo 2.0. This is me trying to imagine what Jerry Jones is thinking. Jerry is the worst GM in football and is only surviving because he has a great scouting department.
didnt I see a tweet yesterday saying they were close to a new deal for Dak?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
didnt I see a tweet yesterday saying they were close to a new deal for Dak?
I haven't heard that, but it could be. Prescott has been a lot more vocal about leaving and he has taken verbal shots at the cowboys brass about not being wanted. Maybe that could be a signal to Jerry to get him to act. but IDK.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

RJ Ochoa

@rjochoa
Follow

On Dak Prescott:"The two sides have been working, there have been active conversations, for about the last month or so, and the stakes are as high as they get.""

If Prescott does do a deal... which of course would make him the highest-paid quarterback, player, everything in NFL history... then he will remain with the Cowboys this season and beyond."

"If he does not do a deal then the likelihood is he will be a free agent, the highest-profile free agent we have ever seen. He has all of the leverage you could possibly get and the clock is ticking."

Lorenzo

Reaction score
RJ Ochoa
@rjochoa
Follow

On Dak Prescott:"The two sides have been working, there have been active conversations, for about the last month or so, and the stakes are as high as they get.""

If Prescott does do a deal... which of course would make him the highest-paid quarterback, player, everything in NFL history... then he will remain with the Cowboys this season and beyond."

"If he does not do a deal then the likelihood is he will be a free agent, the highest-profile free agent we have ever seen. He has all of the leverage you could possibly get and the clock is ticking."
IDK that Prescott wants to stay there. He is clearly frustrated with Jerry Jones. I go back to his first 3 or 4 years when Jerry didn't rip up his rookie deal and give him a contract that was proportional to his performance. then he tagged Dak instead of giving him a long term deal. now they are where they are.

On the flip side as a cowboys fan, IDK that Prescott is ever going to lead dallas anywhere past the first or second round of the playoffs even with a good roster. He doesn't play well against elite defense. I hope it works out, but this could be the year where Dallas sees Washington and New York surpass them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
IDK that Prescott wants to stay there. He is clearly frustrated with Jerry Jones. I go back to his first 3 or 4 years when Jerry didn't rip up his rookie deal and give him a contract that was proportional to his performance. then he tagged Dak instead of giving him a long term deal. now they are where they are.

On the flip side as a cowboys fan, IDK that Prescott is ever going to lead dallas anywhere past the first or second round of the playoffs even with a good roster. He doesn't play well against elite defense. I hope it works out, but this could be the year where Dallas sees Washington and New York surpass them.

Shedeur and Deion will work their way to Dallas next year.