Darius Robinson injured

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Injured bj and Darius is not Monte’s fault. Edge is hard to get without draft.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is a football take. Monti’s high-level 2023 rookie class resulted in a 4-13 record and the anticipated good players in the 2024 rookie class either didn’t play in the preseason or are on injured reserve.

People buying the Tip Reiman hype are going to be EXTREMELY surprised once the season starts.
So, I guess you're saying that w/o Monti's first recruiting class we would have finished 0-17. Well if this class adds another four wins, we are on the way. I'll join you in saying well done Monti.

P.S. As for Tip, he's already won me a bundle. I bet that he'd have more PS catches than MHJ.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Also. I didn’t get the memo that when doing an early evaluation the 2024 Cardinal draft Class We have to exclude MHJ, DR, Melton, Benson, Rabbit, Xavier Thomas and Weaver
How can you evaluate any of them really when they were playing a handful of snaps against CrossFit instructors? Real games start in a week. Unless you actually attended some training camp practices, you have NO IDEA what these guys are or how they’re going to play.

I don’t either! But grading these classes based on no information is hope, and grading Monti based on your no-input evaluation is cope. Just be patient all will be revealed I. Time.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
How can you evaluate any of them really when they were playing a handful of snaps against CrossFit instructors? Real games start in a week. Unless you actually attended some training camp practices, you have NO IDEA what these guys are or how they’re going to play.

I don’t either! But grading these classes based on no information is hope, and grading Monti based on your no-input evaluation is cope. Just be patient all will be revealed I. Time.
I Absolutely Agree that there is Nothing to make a good analysis to evaluate from. I have posted that repeatedly. There are indication that They look good. But only indication.

But you decided to focus on one single player to argue your point instead of Looking at the draft class as a whole. That was my point.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Probably not the ideal place for this, but didn't want to start a new thread.

Many complaining that Monti has done a poor job on the edge group (I agree) however in his defense it is a very slim portfolio of difference makers in that position and it is a difference maker we need in that position. Notable players that have been available recently that we have missed out on - and i don't think all of these are difference makers fyi;

Brian Burns - 46 Sacks over 5 years - Between 7.5 - 12.5 sacks per year. Traded for a 2024 second-round draft choice (No. 39) and a 2025 fifth-round selection and agreeing to a swap of fifth rounders this year (the Giants getting No. 166 and sending No. 141 to Carolina). Subsequently given a new contract 141 million, 28.2 per, 76.5m fully guaranteed.

Danielle Hunter - 87.5 sacks over 8 Years. FA signing of 2 years 49m, 48m fully guaranteed

Montez Sweat - 41.5 Sacks over 6 years - Never had a double digit sack year. Traded for a 2024 2nd. 98m, 24.5 per, 42m fully guaranteed

Jonathan Greenard - 23 Sacks in 4 years - 1 year above 10 sacks. FA signing of 4 years, 19 per, 38 fully guaranteed

Hassan Reddick - 58 Sacks in 7 years - However 50.5 in last 4 years - Traded for a 2026 3rd

Of the above my thoughts are - Burns and Sweat are overpaid, Hunter good value plus short term commitment. Greenard a risk given his production mainly came from one year.

In regards to Reddick whose name has popped up a few times. Jets don't seem to be willing to re up his contract at his current demands - they gave up a third so for arguments sake lets say we gave them a third back for him.

In terms of a contract extension I would assume he wants something around the Burns deal (maybe not as many years) otherwise the Jets likely would have extended him. Would you be happy to give Reddick 112m 4 years 28 per with 60m guaranteed?

**Contract Numbers from OTC and stats from ESPN- apologies if any are wrong
I've stated previously that I think Monti dropped the ball on Burns. He's 25 and entering his prime. I'm betting he's a double digit sack guy the next 3-4 years. The Cards had the cap space and draft picks to get that deal done. Teaming him up with what was hoped/expected jump of BJ could have made edge a strength on this team.
Now, we have Shane and Wisconsin Card doing pass rush drills in their backyard thinking they have a decent shot to be the Cards edge options:D.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've stated previously that I think Monti dropped the ball on Burns. He's 25 and entering his prime. I'm betting he's a double digit sack guy the next 3-4 years. The Cards had the cap space and draft picks to get that deal done. Teaming him up with what was hoped/expected jump of BJ could have made edge a strength on this team.
Now, we have Shane and Wisconsin Card doing pass rush drills in their backyard thinking they have a decent shot to be the Cards edge options:D.
I’m not agreeing or disagreeing, but when the Cardinals hired MO, they made the commitment to an almost complete rebuild & process that would give them the best opportunity for sustainable success and complete culture reversal. Yes, Burns is still young, and he’s really good, but the Cardinals were never going to give up draft capital and cap space after 1 season of the process. And who really knows whether Burns fits the culture MOJG is looking for??. Bidwill knows this process is about 50 years past due, so we, as fans, need to understand that, accept that, and hopefully see it come to fruition.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
At first I was all, "Hey, what about me!" but I'm a DE in a 4-3, clearly not an edge. No speed or bend. So I guess I'll have to satisfy for being a run-stuffing 3-4 DE :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
At first I was all, "Hey, what about me!" but I'm a DE in a 4-3, clearly not an edge. No speed or bend. So I guess I'll have to satisfy for being a run-stuffing 3-4 DE :)
When I played I was DE/OLB... but decades later I am clearly a NT.
Want sacks? Put Tacos in the QBs pockets.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Hey I'm retired and not coming out of it anytime soon. I'll stick with being a professional MMA and Boxing judge. That's more my speed now. Sitting in a chair and judging the fights. :biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky