2 Games In. Is it time to reassess the NFC?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
East-
Cowboys super mid
Eagles super mid
Giants trash
Redskins trash

North-
Packers undefeated but Eagles level mid. 1st round exit all day. No identity
Bears Caleb Williams was, is, and will be a mega bust
Vikings Halfway to their season win total
Lions Their coach is a rhoided out moron. They will make the playoffs and exit losing by 2 because they hate 40 yard fgs

South-
Tampa - The Vikings of the south
New Orleans- Wins this poo division by just winning at home
Carolina - Andy Dalton ftw
Atlanta - Kirk Cousins

West-
SF - Everyone is hurt. Every game costs Purdy $$
Rams - Worst team in the division
Seattle. Mid but awesome in the NFC
Cardinals - 30 million in cap space. Michael snuggles the cap space. Still might win

A lot of hot takes there after just 2 regular season games.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of hot takes there after just 2 regular season games.

Which takes do you find particularly hot? Saying everyone is pretty mid in the NFC seems like a burner set to 3 on the stove level take.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You would think, with the state of the NFC and the offense we have, our team might have, you know, gone for it in the offseason a bit more.
Exactly. It still feels like the front office is playing for next season. With the current parity in the NFC, this could be the year to make a move and compete. Not saying we are Super bowl caliber but if they shored up the defense, we could surprise some people.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which takes do you find particularly hot? Saying everyone is pretty mid in the NFC seems like a burner set to 3 on the stove level take.

Purdy losing Money and everyone being hurt on the Niners

The Vikings only winning 4 games

Tampa being the Vikings which I assume means that they only win 4 games as well.

Kirk Cousins (I assume you are saying he a below average QB for the Falcons)

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purdy losing Money and everyone being hurt on the Niners

The Vikings only winning 4 games

Tampa being the Vikings which I assume means that they only win 4 games as well.

Kirk Cousins (I assume you are saying he a below average QB for the Falcons)

Purdy: Do you believe Purdy elevates an injured team? I certainly don't.
Vikings and Bucs: Yes I believe they are both sub par teams who have outperformed in weeks 1 and 2.
Kirk Cousins. Calling Kirk Cousins mid is not a hot take. That's the normal take

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purdy: Do you believe Purdy elevates an injured team? I certainly don't.
No but that doesn't mean he is losing money. The kid is going to get PAID next season. The Niners are still the cream of the crop to win the NFC.

Vikings and Bucs: Yes I believe they are both sub par teams who have outperformed in weeks 1 and 2.

The Vikings will win way more than 4 games.

The Bucs will be in a dog fight with the Saints to win that division.

Kirk Cousins. Calling Kirk Cousins mid is not a hot take. That's the normal take
Maybe. But he is good enough to make the Falcons dangerous.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No but that doesn't mean he is losing money. The kid is going to get PAID next season. The Niners are still the cream of the crop to win the NFC.
Isn't that more of an indictment of the rest of the NFC? Who else in the NFC can you even say is legitimately great let alone very good at this point?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that more of an indictment of the rest of the NFC? Who else in the NFC can you even say is legitimately great let alone very good at this point?
I believe the Niners have the most talent and depth of any team in the league. They can beat any team in the NFC or AFC.

As for the rest of the NFC, and AFC for that matter, it's still way too early to tell who the pretenders and contenders are. I think we can make a better judgement who is for real after week 5.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know if "legitimately great" is the proper metric here. Are there other legitimately great teams in the AFC aside from Kansas City?

There are definitely more teams in the AFC who are trying to win the Super Bowl: KC, NYJ, BUF, CLE, BAL, HOU -- maybe Pittsburgh and Cincy. I think that's four teams truly all-in on a ring and a handful of contenders.

In the NFC? Probably only San Francisco and Detroit; maybe Philly and Dallas. Everyone else is in transition/trying not to get fired.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't know if "legitimately great" is the proper metric here. Are there other legitimately great teams in the AFC aside from Kansas City?

There are definitely more teams in the AFC who are trying to win the Super Bowl: KC, NYJ, BUF, CLE, BAL, HOU -- maybe Pittsburgh and Cincy. I think that's four teams truly all-in on a ring and a handful of contenders.

In the NFC? Probably only San Francisco and Detroit; maybe Philly and Dallas. Everyone else is in transition/trying not to get fired.
Which is why I added very good - parity in the NFL is definitely real, and especially in the NFC there is very little separation from the top to the bottom minus maybe SF. (Who will be down CMC and Deebo for awhile)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Which is why I added very good - parity in the NFL is definitely real, and especially in the NFC there is very little separation from the top to the bottom minus maybe SF. (Who will be down CMC and Deebo for awhile)
Carolina is pretty bad, bro. And so are the Giants. The gap between them and SFO is probably greater than that between KC and... Oakland or New England(?).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Carolina is pretty bad, bro. And so are the Giants. The gap between them and SFO is probably greater than that between KC and... Oakland or New England(?).
Yes, there are certainly a couple outliers that are far worse than the norm.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deebo is out for at least two weeks
CMC is out for 6 weeks minimum
Projected Back up RB Elijah Mitchell out for the season

Dre Greenlaw is still out and while eligible to return week 5, that is unlikely

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I think SF is a team that is so focused on the post season, it is treating the first four weeks of the regular season like something in between preseason and "when the games truly matter".

being banged up doesnt help. i also think they are one Trent Williams sprained ankle away from being in real trouble