10 seconds left on the clock

RJ May

Rookie
Reaction score
Who hand do you guys want the ball in in this situation? For me it's JJ.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I'd go to Amare unless we are down 3. If he continues to hit 82%FTs he is going to be fouled or get off a high percentage shot.

Depends on matchups however and who is having a good game.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Simple...

Steve Nash.

That's what I was thinking. He's either going to bury the shot himself, or he'll find an open teammate to do it for him.

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash.

The fact that the Suns have three clutch players in Nash, Amare, and JJ makes Nash all the more effective because of the difficulties of stopping more than one guy.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For me, the ball is going to Nash. I don't remember JJ hitting any game winning or tying shots last year. If Nash has the ball, he can either nail the shot or find someone wide open.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
For me, the ball is going to Nash. I don't remember JJ hitting any game winning or tying shots last year. If Nash has the ball, he can either nail the shot or find someone wide open.

I clearly remember JJ sinking a beautiful fade away over Yao's outstretched arm to win the game against Houston.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would say Nash and let him make the shot or dish it off to win the game. :thumbup:

OP
OP
R

RJ May

Rookie
Reaction score
Last year JJ was the go to guy down the stretch and he was very good in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
R

RJ May

Rookie
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I guess you missed the game vs the rockets.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
RJ May said:
Last year JJ was the go to guy down the stretch and he was very good in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly.
Maybe true but we didn't have Nash last year and Amare didn't have anything close to a jumpshot.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
If we keep blowing teams out, the answer will be who cares...

:D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Whoever's open wether it be JJ, Nash, Amare, Q, Marion.

Also must factor in whose been on fire that night.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
1A. Nash
1B. Stoudemire
1C. Johnson

Both Steve Nash and Joe Johnson can shoot, penetrate, pass, etc. Amare Stoudemire can score about on anyone but doesn't have the ability to pass as well...

If during course of game, Suns need an easy basket - Stoudemire might be 1A. but the last 10 secs might be Steve Nash - going to Nash opens up shots for all players on court... Stoudemire, Marion, Richardson, Johnson, and Nash would be my line-up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know - but what I DO know is who I DON'T want with the ball in his hands - Shawn Marion (great player - not clutch at all).

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Shawn Marion made some clutch 3s and game winning shots. He hit the three from way down town to send the game to OT against the Rockets.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Defenitely give the ball to Nash and let him create unless you're talking about 5 or less seconds then you run a play for JJ.

The problem with going to Amare is the refs swallow their wistles in
the last few seconds.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I clearly remember JJ sinking a beautiful fade away over Yao's outstretched arm to win the game against Houston.

Anything can happen once, I remember Amare hitting a game tying 3 against SA in the playoffs to send the game to OT, that doesn't mean I want Amare shooting that shot every time there's 10 seconds left..

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Anything can happen once, I remember Amare hitting a game tying 3 against SA in the playoffs to send the game to OT, that doesn't mean I want Amare shooting that shot every time there's 10 seconds left..

That was a beautiful game...good memories...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05