10 thoughts - Lions game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Congratulation to @THESMEL who are on his way home with his new family! Best wishes your way, Sir.

----------------------

1 – The offense goes as much through James Connor as it does through Kyler Murray. Petzing’s gameplan doesn’t work when the running game doesn’t work.

2 – Detroit owned the trenches.

3 – I was very high on Dante Stills after last season, so I was surprised that he was a healthy scratch last week. This week he played close to half the snaps, had a sack and a huge 4th down stop. Guess he plays next week.

4 – Kyler Murray tried to do waaaay to much.

5 – It didn’t matter much that Beachum was out. He is not the same player as he once was, and Jackson Barton played well.

6 – Cards were one of nine on 3rd down, Lions won the field position battle, and Lions won the turnover battle (I include botched 4th downs). A bit difficult to overcome that.

7 – I got several flashbacks to Kingsbury’s teams.

8 – I almost never complain about referees. They are human, so mistakes will inevitably happen, and there are no rules that prohibit a team from just playing better the rest of the game. To me, though, that changes when the referees take a result into their own hands. Screwing up with the game clock is not a judgement call. It is breaking the spirit of the game, as well as breaking the rules. It is not fair play. And while the argument that the Cards could just play better the rest of the game to an extent still holds true, a 14-point swing right before the half is obviously a game changer.

9 – Mack Wilson and Kyzir White might not be a Dansby/Washington duo, but they are pretty damn good.

10 – Marvin Harrison was targeted 11 times and only had five catches. That tells its own story.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
#6 is a big one. Weren’t we #1 in league on converting third downs coming into the game.

Not anymore after that stinker.