10 thoughts - Niners game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – On Murray’s rushing TD, that is the fastest run by a quarterback in the last eight years.

2 – The d-line is actually playing better than expected. L. J. Collier, Dante Still, Bilal Nichols, Roy Lopez. They are good players. It’s just that none of them are so good that they change offensive game plans. One or two stars could make the unit dangerous. Hopefully Darius Robinson can be one of them.

3 – Pass rush-wise, Nick Bosa had one pressure all game. That’s all.

4 – Is it okay to say that D.J. Dallas made the play of the game by running into Jake Moody, so that the Niners lost their kicker? It wasn’t Dallas’ fault, and I don’t necessarily mean “play of the game” in a positive way, but it is just reality. If Moody doesn’t get injured, the Niners most likely win the game.

5 – There are obvious issues with the connection between Murray and Harrison. After a full training camp, and now five games into the season, it should be much better. That has nothing to do with missing a few snaps in preseason games.

6 – Ossenfort made several good free agency-signings this offseason, and Murphy-Bunting certainly played like one of them.

7 – It is very strange that Jesse Luketa haven’t played more after a strong preseason, and today he showed that he should have.

8 – James Connor’s late success only comes because they didn’t abandon the run game when the game started to slip away from them. After two bad games, I liked Drew Petzing’s game plan this time.

9 – Very good game by Murray, but I don’t trust that he will play that way consistently. I would be highly excited to be proven wrong.

10 – I think Gannon hasn’t mentioned anything about the severity of Will Hernandez’ injury yet, but if he is out for a longer time, that would be horrible.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler's passing stats this season

Bills: 21/31 for 162, 5.2 yards per pass. 1 TD
Rams: 17/21 for 266, 12.7 yards per pass 3 TDs
Lions: 21/34 for 207, 6.1 yards per pass. 1 TD
Commanders: 16/22 for 142, 6.5 yards per pass. 1 TD
49ers: 19/30 for 195, 6.5 yards per pass. 1 TD

The passing offense has been very mediocre for 4 of the first 5 weeks. Luckily we were able to lean on the defense this week for a win.

Hernandez's injury looked bad, I'm expecting him to miss at least 4 games if not more.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
2 – The d-line is actually playing better than expected. L. J. Collier, Dante Still, Bilal Nichols, Roy Lopez. They are good players. It’s just that none of them are so good that they change offensive game plans. One or two stars could make the unit dangerous. Hopefully Darius Robinson can be one of them.
Enjoyed your thoughts in general, but this is an absurd assertion. These are not good players - every one of them are rotation players and below average starters.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2. When you have an average bunch of guys your coordinator has to pick his poison.
I think the “bend but don’t break” system is in place. The entire defense is getting into the rotation on just about every play.
Say what you want but that’s two games we shut out our opponents in the second half of the game. So somebody’s doing something right.
In today’s NFL there is parity. What ever team shows up on Sunday wins.

3. GREAT JOB by Beecham.

9. I agree.

10. We can never have anything nice….

Good post!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
To add to your thoughts Ghandi:

- As expected, the media narrative regarding the game is that the 49ers lost not that the Cardinals won. Shout out to Kyle Brandt who called this out big time on NFL network.

- Rabbit and Max Melton looked like they played more snaps this game and looked good. This is really encouraging. We need these young players to step up.

- Cardinals held Purdy to one of his worst games as passer. He was expected to light us up big time.

- I continue to remain concerned about our pass rush. However, they had generated about 10+ pressures and a sack in 30 or so drop backs by Purdy. Not bad.

- Will Hernandez being out for the year sucks big time. He was playing great. We have had our starting OL unit for all of one quarter this year. Who steps up next?

- Bosa had one QB pressure all game but made a number of other significant plays. Credit to Beachum for playing him tough.

- Micheal Wilson you made me eat my words big time! Great game. Would of had a TD if Kyler hadn't over thrown him on a double move.

- Speaking of Kyler, he made key plays to win the game. That TD run was a thing of beauty. That throw on 4th down very much felt like a "MHJ is down there somewhere" type of deal.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake