100% agree with Sando here

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
By Mike Sando -

"The 1998 Cardinals beat Dallas in the playoffs, then lost tackle Lomas Brown, fullback Larry Centers and linebacker Jamir Miller in a free-agent exodus precipitating a 6-10 record the following season.

The current offseason is feeling somewhat similar.

The Cardinals have lost Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Karlos Dansby, Antrel Rolle and Bertrand Berry since their most recent game.

They will not be considered an NFC power heading into the 2010 season.

"Don't think just because we lost some key guys that we ain't gone (sic) bust heads," defensive end Darnell Dockett tweeted after Rolle agreed to terms with the Giants.

Dockett might be right. The Cardinals have bucked expectations recently. But their inability to re-sign Dansby or Rolle -- on the same day they traded Boldin -- makes Friday one of the darker days recently for Arizona.

Losing Warner alone could have set back the Cardinals multiple games in the standings. They'll have to scramble now."

i said it on another thread earlier, but this is a 6 win team now.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well we might as well not even show up now! The sky is falling.

Of the losses the only one that really bothers me is Dansby.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
By Mike Sando -

"The 1998 Cardinals beat Dallas in the playoffs, then lost tackle Lomas Brown, fullback Larry Centers and linebacker Jamir Miller in a free-agent exodus precipitating a 6-10 record the following season.

The Cardinals have lost Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Karlos Dansby, Antrel Rolle and Bertrand Berry since their most recent game.

"Don't think just because we lost some key guys that we ain't gone (sic) bust heads," defensive end Darnell Dockett tweeted after Rolle agreed to terms with the Giants.

Dockett might be right. The Cardinals have bucked expectations recently. But their inability to re-sign Dansby or Rolle -- on the same day they traded Boldin -- makes Friday one of the darker days recently for Arizona.

Losing Warner alone could have set back the Cardinals multiple games in the standings. They'll have to scramble now."

We can get 4 from our division alone. A bit pessimistic don't you think?

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Home: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers,

Away: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

I see at least 8 wins myself. And if a few things happen right 9-10 again. Go Cards!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't deal with this sort of idiocy. I may have to take a break from these forums until August.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Home: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers,

Away: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

I see at least 8 wins myself. And if a few things happen right 9-10 again. Go Cards!

We're not assembled by any stretch yet...but six of those home games look to be pretty winable with a grudge match with Narlins in which Brees better hold on tight. They'll be gunning for him.....bigtime.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By Mike Sando -

My goodness!! You may as well blow your brains out. The 1998 Cardinals were an average team that played an extremely easy schedule & caught the Cowboys just before they imploded themselves. They were going to suck in 99 no matter what we did with Centers, Brown (who was almost 40) & Miller. The current Cardinals are VASTLY better & will survive & even thrive. Berry was toast, Rolle is below average, Dansby is good (but not great) & we knew we were going to lose Warner & Boldin. Please, stop the whining. You guys sound like my 8 yr old at bedtime. This team needed some changes in order to get better. I have NO problem with what transpired today. It's time to turn the page.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's just people's opinions.

The problem is that casual sports fans tend to be the dumbest lot on earth. It isn't necessarily regulars around here that are posting the obnoxious doomsday threads, but the casual posters. It is nearly as bad as skimming ESPN.com comment sections. I can't handle that kind of negative thinking, it brings everyone down.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that casual sports fans tend to be the dumbest lot on earth. It isn't necessarily regulars around here that are posting the obnoxious doomsday threads, but the casual posters. It is nearly as bad as skimming ESPN.com comment sections. I can't handle that kind of negative thinking, it brings everyone down.

I'm with you!!

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not concerned. Maybe next year will be rough (8-8 or 7-9) but after that we'll be better off.

I just can't be that upset about losing players that have contributed to a defense that hasn't been any good since Whiz got here..

We still have the three best defensive players on the roster in Wilson, Dockett, and DRC. The staff is pretty high on Toler, Davis, and Brown.

Get a few LBs, a true NT, and FS in this yrs draft and next yrs, and we're in fine shape heading into 2011.

I'm more concerned about the QB situation going forward. The defense will be fine, it can't get a whole lot worse than what we've seen the last few yrs

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
By Mike Sando -

Well, just mail in the 2010 season guys, Feeble Mcjackson only sees this team winning 6 games.

OP
OP
F

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score

I'm sorry I have not posted on this board 863 times like you have. i guess that makes my opinion less credible since I'm not eating bon-bon's staring at a computer screen posting every day.

It's not rocket science. You lose 4 of your best players, one of which is a HOF QB and you are not gonna be as good. I'm a huge cardinals fan and win or lose i will support this team. But that doesn't mean i have to drink the kool-aid and be "positive".

Let's face it. It is a bad day for the Arizona Cardinals. They will rebuild, they will get better, but its gonna be several years before they do. For now we will have to deal with some less then stellar seasons.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I just can't be that upset about losing players that have contributed to a defense that hasn't been any good since Whiz got here..

I think you're on to something.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its the NFL it does not take several years to get better what a crock! We lost a few guys that imo can be replaced. Rolle sucked, Dansby is a good LB nothing more, Boldin we have played well without him many many times. Warner is the biggest loss but may end up working out better for us anyway! What a ridiculous thread this is!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good Lord. At least let free agency and the draft play out before you give up on the season.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Two words: Beanie Wells.

This team is better than a 6 win team, especially if we can expect our first round pick to be as good as Wells and DRC were by the middle of their rookie years.

Two more words: Ken Whisenhunt

He will have us competitive. We might lose the division but 8-8 or better should still be the expectation. Guy hasn't had a losing season, have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dew is RIGHT....

My dad always told me that a WINNER "finds" a way to WIN! Coach Whiz' is a WINNER! Players will ALWAYS come n go. Last year we started with-out an OC or DC and yet we gelled and made a play-off push. I attribute that as much as anything to solid LEADERSHIP! ...And it starts at the TOP. COACH WHIZ'. I predict the same this year. GO CARDS! :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05