1st Round - Mock Draft (no trades)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am curious why you believe these two things to be true?

Giants spent a #1 pick on Eli (essentially). They thought that much of him. They see a bunch of similar traits in Jones and he is close to the Manning family. If all of the premium defensive players are off the board, Jones makes a ton of sense at 6.

Re: Greedy...is it because he is good that he is not a Raiders type of CB?

Thx for asking. Just my opinion of course, but:

As we all know Raiders are tough guys. Gruden wouldn't tolerate any player who doesn't like to tackle and prefers to shy away from skirmishes and dog piles. This is evident in tape on Greedy. He might fit better in KC.

As far as Jones goes, I just see everything about that pick as very weak. I know teams tend toward reaching for QBs, but for the Giants this seems way too much of one. Personally, I don't even see Jones as a 1st round pick, or a starting franchise Qb, but that's just totally me. Giants drafted great RB last year and I just don't see them wasting this high of pick on a player who will not add or do anything for Manning/Barkley for a whole year or more. They have too great of an opportunity to help their team this year. It may however come down to how high they have Jones, Haskins, and Rosen on their board. I think they may prefer trying to trade, at last minute, their R2.5 pick for Rosen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones is pretty damn good & fits the Giant's system. I don't think they'll take him that early, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pump the brakes bro... It will look great on paper on day one but still need to see what happens 2 to 3 years down the road..
I'm just saying that landing 2 defensive players of their caliber would be a major coup. That said, we have people here pretty much proclaiming that if we take Murray at #1 that Keim should be put into the hall of fame.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying that landing 2 defensive players of their caliber would be a major coup. That said, we have people here pretty much proclaiming that if we take Murray at #1 that Keim should be put into the hall of fame.

Hahaha true

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they go N'Keal Harry. This smells like a PR draft to me.

On Doug and Wolf this morning it was brought up that ownership supposedly wanted the Cardinals to draft Murray due to sluggish season ticket sales/renewals. However when the majority of the fans balked at the idea of drafting another QB in the first round, ownership backed off their stance.

If this rumor is true then Harry is definitely in play with their second pick. The front office is desperate to generate local excitement and Harry would provide that excitement for many locals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
On Doug and Wolf this morning it was brought up that ownership supposedly wanted the Cardinals to draft Murray due to sluggish season ticket sales/renewals. However when the majority of the fans balked at the idea of drafting another QB in the first round, ownership backed off their stance.

If this rumor is true then Harry is definitely in play with their second pick. The front office is desperate to generate local excitement and Harry would provide that excitement for many locals.

This is basically the worst news ever.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is basically the worst news ever.

Could be if the people you trust are accurate. But could be great if he turns into a a star. I have no opinion other then that is the DUMBEST reason to draft a kid....

But people on this board regularly pining to draft ASU and UofA athletes over the years saying what stars they are gonna be just over local area homerism more then anything and its annoying. lol

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is like Bidwill dressing up as Sarver on Halloween and making these decisions.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two things:
1. Someone on the NFL network was speculating that Oakland sent scouts home because they will be making a surprise pick at #4. Have no idea who would qualify as surprise. No idea if it's true.
2. If we take Murray, then you can consider Rosen the fifth QB to go high in the Draft. Last year he was the fourth QB selected and I would think he'll go higher since he has a year's experience and will be cheaper than the other QB's.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It seems like the Cardinals have been bringing in a couple of local players lately...Suggs, Kirk, and Hundley.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Could be if the people you trust are accurate. But could be great if he turns into a a star. I have no opinion other then that is the DUMBEST reason to draft a kid....

You people on this board regularly pining to draft ASU and UofA athletes over the years saying what stars they are gonna be just over local area homerism more then anything and its annoying. lol

Wrong. The results don't justify a terrible process. "Drafting local" as a strategy isn't good just because it works out — especially if the motivation is to juice ticket sales.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. The results don't justify a terrible process. "Drafting local" as a strategy isn't good just because it works out — especially if the motivation is to juice ticket sales.

I agree it’s dumb... But if it works it works. No?

And if they do take him there is no guarantee that’s the reason... He’s firmly rated in that area by many??? What if he was truly their bpa?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals are throwing excessive love towards Harry in the past 10 days. I am thinking they have no interest in him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's crazy that there is legit talk about Jones going #6.

Why not take some Rosen for your #1 next year Giants
Agreed. Rosen has to have more value than jones. If he truly doesn’t then we know why we have to draft kyler.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of people I trust don't think that Harry is going to be very good in the NFL. Rigging your board to take a local boy to get some April publicity is a betrayal of everything that Keim professes to like AND would be exactly what Bill Bidwill would do.

The obvious choice if his first round is correct is to take AJ Brown IMO.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Which of these 2 drafts looks best for the cards:

Round 1 Pick 1: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Elgton Jenkins, OG/C, Miss. State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Chase Hansen, SS, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34 Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 7 Pick 35 Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 40 Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M (A+)

Round 1 Pick 1: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Dru Samia, OG, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Tommy Sweeney, TE, Boston College (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Khalil Hodge, OLB/ILB, Buffalo (A)
Round 7 Pick 34 Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 7 Pick 35 Trevon Wesco, TE, West Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 40 Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M (A+)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy your vegetables local.