2 Games In. Is it time to reassess the NFC?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
East-
Cowboys super mid
Eagles super mid
Giants trash
Redskins trash

North-
Packers Eagles level mid. 1st round exit all day. No identity
Bears Caleb Williams was, is, and will be a mega bust
Vikings Halfway to their season win total
Lions Their coach is a rhoided out moron. They will make the playoffs and exit losing by 2 because they hate 40 yard fgs

South-
Tampa - The Vikings of the south
New Orleans- Wins this poo division by just winning at home
Carolina - Andy Dalton ftw
Atlanta - Kirk Cousins

West-
SF - Everyone is hurt. Every game costs Purdy $$
Rams - Worst team in the division
Seattle. Mid but awesome in the NFC
Cardinals - 30 million in cap space. Michael snuggles the cap space. Still might win

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
East- Cowboys super mid
Eagles super mid
Giants trash
Redskins trash

Central Packers undefeated but Eagles level mid. 1st round exit all day. No identity
Lions Their coach is a rhoided out moron. They will make the playoffs and exit losing by 2 because they hate 40 yard fgs
South Tampa - The Vikings of the south
Atlanta - Kirk Cousins
West SF - Everyone is hurt. Every game costs Purdy $$
Cardinals - 30 million in cap space. Michael snuggles the cap space. Still might win
yeah when you look at the conference our chances of picking a top 10 Edge next april look slimmer than people thought.
we might mess around and win a wild card game this year before our defense shows out

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree on pretty much everything. Conference is really lousy right now.

Saints and Bucs only teams raising brows right now.

Did the scouts just decide Williams struggles last year were an aberration? Failed constantly under pressure, no composure and I’m not a “Men can’t show emotion!” kinda guy but when he climbed into his mom’s lap after a loss, sobbing… that was a huge red flag, ‘where is this dude’s head at?’

All that said, I still think the Niners run away with the division and probably the conference if they get healthy.

But we certainly look interesting, especially after watching the Bulls demolish Miami, makes our narrow loss look very impressive.

Kyler needs to prove he can stay consistent through the grind of a season. No way to avoid getting dinged up a bit and he has to learn how to succeed when he’s not 100%.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some will say everyone's mid, but I think there's unprecedented levels of parity in the NFL right now. I think there are going to be a ton of teams with 7-9 wins and only a few with 6 or lower/12 and higher. Compare the 2020 season to the 2023 season. In 2020 there were 12 teams with 6 or fewer wins, in 2023 there were only 7. Last year I saw some fans interpret that as everyone sucking, but I see it as very few teams sucking. The talent around the league is much more even than its ever been and there are fewer bad coaches.

Now focusing on the NFC: I think the Bucs are for real. They upgraded their OL, Evans, Godwin and McMillan (steal of the draft) are amazing, and their defense will be nails once their secondary is healthy again. People gave Canales too much credit for their playoff performance last year, their offense was mediocre to bad for most of 2023 and the new OC seems to be an upgrade.

The Saints success can't be ignored, I thought their OL would sink them but Kubiak has other plans. I read that ~80% of their passing success has come off max protection deep shots. There's no way the offense keeps pace, hopefully they get figured out. I'm very interested to see how they matchup with the Bucs.

I think the Packers have top shelf talent at every position group and a top 5 headcoach, they will be trouble if Love can recover from his MCL injury.

49ers might be having an injury year with McCaffery and Deebo out. They're still dangerous despite losing to the Vikings. It seems like they hit on a couple of OL picks, which is bad.

The Eagles still have massive talent and hilarious flaws (Hurts, the young CBs, young edge rushers).

The Cowboys are probably worse than last year. They should be mid, but their high end talent at important positions is makes them hard to completely write off.

The Falcons showed massive improvements in their offensive gameplanning today. Kirk looked a lot more confident. New coaches and a QB coming off serious injury, I expect them to be dangerous around mid season.

The Lions are under a lot of pressure, it will be hard for them to repeat last year. The talent is still there, but they aren't the underdogs with nothing to lose.

The only genuinely bad teams in the NFC seem to be the Giants, Commanders, Bears and Panthers.
The Bears defense is good enough that if Williams figures things out they will start competing to be a part of the wildcard talk at the end of the year. If Williams actually can't find success with Moore, Odunze and Allen the franchise is cursed. Apparently he was pressured on 36 of 37 dropbacks Sunday night? Their OL wasnt terrible last year, what is going on?

Now that Bryce Young has finally been benched I think the Panthers might be a little less embarrassing. This might surprise some people but the Panthers OL has put up elite performances in both weeks so far. Dalton will have time to make things happen. Young was the main problem last year, the bad news is they sold off the defense to try and make the offense better, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Canales isn't headcoach material.

The Giants should steal a couple wins against better teams because Daboll always does that.

The Commanders have a roster like we did last year but worse? Their top receivers so far are Eckler, Ertz and Noah Brown. Their defense is 34 year old Bobby Wagner and Jonathan Allen.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
East- Cowboys super mid
Eagles super mid
Giants trash
Redskins trash

Central Packers undefeated but Eagles level mid. 1st round exit all day. No identity
Atlanta - Kirk Cousins
You would think, with the state of the NFC and the offense we have, our team might have, you know, gone for it in the offseason a bit more.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Still confused by this narrative…

Cardinals are in the middle of the pack in spending cash this season, so Nothing to indicate that there is Any financial reason.

A lot of teams have a lot of Cap left this season due to the unprecedented jump in capspace.

New CBA allows Cap Roll-over. Unspend Cap Can be rolled over to next season

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Cardinals are in the middle of the pack in spending cash this season, so Nothing to indicate that there is Any financial reason.

A lot of teams have a lot of Cap left this season due to the unprecedented jump in capspace.

...after it was already rolled over from last season. And the beat goes on.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Part of it BACH is Michael Bidwill has come across like a real.... jerk.... for the last few years.

He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt from many hardcore fans like us. Even I'm dubious.

Mercifully he's stayed out of the headlines for a while now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m not sure how this is much different from the preseason outlook. Basically switch the Hawks for the 49ers and you still are projecting the Cards into the last playoff spot?

Rams look like they have a real challenging season incoming. If they can’t get a win or two in the next couple weeks/before Jimmy G comes back maybe they shut the whole thing down?

Cards have every chance to make their case by playing the NFC North.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
And, most likely, things will change in the next few weeke, which is why I really enjoy the 1st 4-5 weeks of the season, so much plays out and gets all mixed up lol I even said it in the pregame thread for last weeks game that it would be so Cardinal-esque for us to come out and dominate the Rams after our opening day game, I never try and predict anything this early in the season

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
East- Cowboys super mid
Eagles super mid
Giants trash
Redskins trash

North Packers undefeated but Eagles level mid. 1st round exit all day. No identity
Atlanta - Kirk Cousins
:BIM:

:cool:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too early to tell.

Its possible Caleb and Jayden Daniels are much better later in the year. Healthy Eagles still have the most talent on offense imo. Kirk can get healthier, does Jordan Love find that 2nd half of the season grove again, etc etc etc.

I say all this because we didn't go all in (imo) this offseason. If we did I wouldnt worry as much about other teams eventually figuring stuff out.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how it looks until I hit submit and it smashes it all together

You must be registered for see images attach

daves

Keepin' it real!