• Boston

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Colorado

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil home run in the bottom of the first.

Red Sox 1-0.

Woo hoo.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Manny brings in the 2nd run, 2-0. The Diamondbacks would of given the Red Sox a better challenge in game one behind Webb.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, looks like the mojo is gone.

A little off-topic, did anyone hear Eric Byrnes ridiculous interview on Jim Rome where he just embarassed himself to Patrick Ewing-like status. I mean just dumb comment after dumb comment after dumb comment.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score

A little off-topic, did anyone hear Eric Byrnes ridiculous interview on Jim Rome where he just embarassed himself to Patrick Ewing-like status. I mean just dumb comment after dumb comment after dumb comment.

No, what did he say?

Back to the game: Ha, Colorado's getting owned. 12-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Really, Byrnes is usually great at that stuff. He's even doing pregame w/fox for the world series.

Btw, watching this makes me feel better, we would have gotten our ass kicked even worse than the rox currently are, and will no doubt for the rest of the series. Imagine the sox lineup against doug davis and livan.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
To paraphrase a political quote, "As veteran spokesman, we knew Gonzo. Eric Byrnes is no Gonzo."

He's more like Tony Womack and Shawn Marion. Adolescent mentality.

Why is it that people who seem to have the least upstairs are the ones who grab the limelight? And the Press and team are eager to encourage it.

Oh well. Sports is just a sub-division of entertainment. And people in today's world are so eager to be entertained that we (indirectly) pay our "stars" millions of dollars a year, while we work our butts off for tens of thousands.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought you'd like that more than anyone on here.

I have two reasons to root for the Sox..

1) I hate denver, everyone knows that lol

2) The Red Sox already have a cocky fan base, no need in letting a different fan base, with no baseball titles and citzens who brag about everything in Denver anyways already, get a title and hear form them just like the Red Sox.. So in my mind.. Its either have one less fan base I gotta hear from and I dont want Denver winning anything ever again..

:D

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

2) The Red Sox already have a cocky fan base, no need in letting a different fan base, with no baseball titles and citzens who brag about everything in Denver anyways already, get a title and hear form them just like the Red Sox.. So in my mind.. Its either have one less fan base I gotta hear from and I dont want Denver winning anything ever again..

LMAO.....I knew you would be representing the Denver Sucks Nation proud tonight! Go Sox!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

Agree 100% I have a few friends from Denver who I have won ALOT of money betting how their teams will do with them (they always think their teams are going to win it all). I have the Sox AND getting 2:1. I also have the under on the Nuggets and 56 wins this year. LOL, gotta love Denver fans when bill time comes around. You can always count on them to overvalue thier teams.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% I have a few friends from Denver who I have won ALOT of money betting how their teams will do with them (they always think their teams are going to win it all). I have the Sox AND getting 2:1. I also have the under on the Nuggets and 56 wins this year. LOL, gotta love Denver fans when bill time comes around. You can always count on them to overvalue thier teams.

Its a disease.. A very annoying disease.. :D

gamblinjonny

Reaction score

Here's another one who doesn't like Denver people and their sports arrogance. GO SOX!!!!!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, what did he say?

Back to the game: Ha, Colorado's getting owned. 12-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

basically, that we outplayed them through the first three games - yeah, even game 3. Then talked about how lucky they were some more, about how he hammered a ball that should have scored some runs, but instead got caught and almost led to a triple play and how he almost hit a HR... and how the Denver fans should thank him for actually making them care about the Rockies and giving them a villain (this was kinda funny in a weird way)... but said that they were "probably" the better team, but he still wasn't sure. Basically, he just came off as the sorest loser to ever have lost next to Patrick Ewing.

he sounded like a petulant little %^&* who can't admit the better team won. in other words, a complete and utter loser.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I like his passion and Denver hating, but he should really work on his swing for next year, all he did this year was pop up.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
From the get go, I stated that the break would come back to hurt Colorado and that Boston was simply the better overall team.

So far, I've been proven emphatically right.

Granted, this is a marathon not a sprint however if Game 1 is any indication, which I think it will be, the Rockies are merely outclassed here and in over their heads. I think we're just looking at a tale of two teams, one who has pretty much wire to wire been the best team in baseball vs. a team that caught fire at the right time. Tonight was the beginning of what I think is going to be a long, long series for Colorado.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think teh break has anything to do with it. The Sox are in a league of their own.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like that fact that the Rockies got to experience a nice 2-1 loss. Slow torture like they did to the Dbacks. :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man redsox owned the rockies again so nice to see 10-5 bottom of the 9th inning loving it :) Kind of feel bad for helton though

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05