• Boston

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Colorado

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I think we underestimate how good the Rockies are. Not just how good they are playing, but just how good they are.

They have excellent pitchers, many of whom the Red Sox haven't seen, and their offense can match up bat for bat with Boston's.

I'll take the Rockies in 6.

Then again, I have been wrong before.

shoewizard

Reaction score
very disappointed in the rockies performance.......an embarrassment for the NL

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for the Rockies. I am loving it watching them lose. It would be great to watch the Red Sox win it in Colorado. I bet their fans will boo them just like they did when the Diamondbacks celebrated on their field.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sweep is almost complete.. :D

You must be registered for see images

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Don't have a dog in this fight, however, I truly despise the Sox... Manny, Varitek, Francona, Schilling, Beckett, Papelbon... Can't stand them!!!!!

C'mon Rockies!! Make it a fight at least!!!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its over.. Start putting up the plastic in the visitors locker room..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to believe the Dbacks would have given the Red Sox some problems.. The Rockies just got teed off on from the first pitch in the first game in this series.. They are pathetic..

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This has to be without a doubt the worst WS ever. Second place belongs to Marlins/Yankees. The Rockies have no buisness being in this Series.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Why, the Marlins- Yankees went to 7 games...

The Rockies rolled over and played dead from Game 1 in this one.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just thought the Marlins/Yankees was a boring series. I don't like baseball anyway Selig ruined the whole game. I can't wait to see the Neilson Ratings for this series.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 outs away till the rockies become nothing more than a footnote..

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
its hard to say if last year was the worst WS ever. i dont think many watched (including me) to be able to give an assessment.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Rockies get totally embarrassed on national tv.. From getting swept to having a large Red Sox fanbase in Denver at the game lol.. I couldnt tell if they were yelling lets go Rockies or lets go Red Sox.. Thats pretty bad..

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
red sox hitting is unstoppable when they get on a roll plus they got the pitching.

red sox in 5

eh, guess i gave the rockies too much credit.

oh well. nice to see the rockies get embarrassed with everyone watching. at least no one saw the dbacks get embarrassed!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great job Rockies, you made the NL proud, NOT!

Now that Curt has three rings, does he get into the Hall of Fame?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the whole champagne celebration thing has become completely lame and cliche?

Oh it's so spontaneous the way they cover all the lockers with plastic and now wear GOGGLES to protect their eyes. Then they run around and take turns dowsing the guy that is getting interviewed.

This would be like if you won the lottery then immediately went to your file drawer and pulled the the "Lottery Winner Celebration Checklist"

1. Kiss wife
2. Jump up and down 3 times
3. Hoot out loud twice and dance a jig.......

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Question

Are there any "Johnny Come Lately" Red Sox fans out there?

I know there are but there probably aren't any that will admit it. If you ask the average guy walking down the street with a Sox hat on how long he's been a fan every one of them will swear a lifetime allegiance. But we all know this isn't true.

Sure there are a lot of New England transplants out there that are lifelong fans and completely justified in celebrating their teams accomplishments.

What I want to know is why somebody would claim allegiance to a ball club just because they are winning? I don't remember any "Red Sox Nation" 8 or 10 years ago. Are you going to feel like a winner when you walk into work Monday morning and lie about how "Your Sox" are the World champs?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question

Are there any "Johnny Come Lately" Red Sox fans out there?

I know there are but there probably aren't any that will admit it. If you ask the average guy walking down the street with a Sox hat on how long he's been a fan every one of them will swear a lifetime allegiance. But we all know this isn't true.

Sure there are a lot of New England transplants out there that are lifelong fans and completely justified in celebrating their teams accomplishments.

What I want to know is why somebody would claim allegiance to a ball club just because they are winning? I don't remember any "Red Sox Nation" 8 or 10 years ago. Are you going to feel like a winner when you walk into work Monday morning and lie about how "Your Sox" are the World champs?

There has always been a Rex Sox Nation.. They just sucked and werent very vocal..

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
There has always been a Rex Sox Nation.. They just sucked and werent very vocal..

But you have to admit that it is a LOT bigger now than it was 10 years ago.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you have to admit that it is a LOT bigger now than it was 10 years ago.

Sure.. Just with any team from any sport that wins it all there will be bandwagoners.. Where werte all these colts fans 7 yeras ago? Or, where were all these Patriots fans 10 years ago? About the only team that doesnt get bandwagoners seems to be the Spurs..

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As recently as 1998, the Red Sox were 9th out of 14 in AL attendance. Even with the small Fenway Park that's pretty pathetic for the so-called Bandwa... er... "Red Sox Nation."