2008 Free Agents

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Mods if possible, please sticky this thread so we can keep up with free agent signings, trades, etc. during the summer.

Thanks.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Why would you want Harington over Diaw?

Diaw finally shows he is the Suns best post player...

Harington is a jump shooting big, with Amare and O'Neal, Amare will spend some time up there.

He does have a 3pt range better than Diaw.... but his defense is below or just on par with Diaw... not much change. Barbosa -> Ellis is just too one sided.

Baron Davis is up for grabs... Maybe Barbosa, Diaw, filler, 15th pick for Davis..

Davis can play the 1 and 2.... got to check the trade checker though..

um... are you kidding me. Diaw showed he was the sun's best post player 3 freaking years ago when Amare was injured. then he dissappeared for god knows how long, only to resurrect himself for two games.

Harrington is at least consistant. Diaw is hit or miss (90% of the time a miss). no arguing against that, because its the truth.

between Barbosa and Ellis....well 10000% of the time i'd chose Ellis. the kid is a beast and a half.

going after Baron is also just stupid IMO.

1.) Baron is an Expiring....so giving up young talent for him isnt smart. he could bail, leaving the suns with a.) no cap space b.) no young talent to replace him

2.) Amare, Shaq, Baron, Nash = over $64mil. that is the salary cap. that itslef is worse than the knicks

3.) Baron is NOT a 2 guard. he is a 6'3 distributer, who has a history of injury.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Say it with me folks!

Childress!!!
Childress!!!
Childress!!!
Childress!!!

:stick::stick::stick:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Why would you want Harington over Diaw?

Diaw finally shows he is the Suns best post player...

Harington is a jump shooting big, with Amare and O'Neal, Amare will spend some time up there.

He does have a 3pt range better than Diaw.... but his defense is below or just on par with Diaw... not much change. Barbosa -> Ellis is just too one sided.

Baron Davis is up for grabs... Maybe Barbosa, Diaw, filler, 15th pick for Davis..

Davis can play the 1 and 2.... got to check the trade checker though..
This is the most false statement ever typed. Ellis is amazing.

Also, he made less than a million this year. Isnt there a restriction on how much he can make next season? There is a max you can offer someone I believe.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Sure we can. And if we cant, we can make it up easily with this business model.

1. Sign Josh Childress!
2. !
3. Profit!

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Ellis is twice the player barbosa is now. Barbosa used to have range but now shooting .380 for 3 isn't anything to write home about.

Ellis has Better decision making, and most of all he can make something out of nothing when he slashes, even into multiple defenders. We all see how barbosa does in that area. CLANK! As the ball bounces off the rim from an ugly layup attempt or a contested pull-up jumper while Amare angrily looks on. Can't blame him anymore.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Also, he made less than a million this year. Isnt there a restriction on how much he can make next season? There is a max you can offer someone I believe.
From my understanding of Ellis's situation, he's a restricted free agent and Golden State owns his full Bird rights (he spent 3 seasons with the Warriors without changing teams).

So Golden State can offer him a new deal (up to the max, so 25% of the cap) or match any offer thrown his way. Roughly the same thing for guys like Childress or Josh Smith.