2011 Off-Season Wishlist

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we had KT during the suspension year. that was 2007. our last legit dynamite team.

I must be losing my mind. I really thought KT was moved during that season and his absence was one of our problems when we lost Diaw and Amare. Oh well, see what age can do to a feeble mind.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be losing my mind. I really thought KT was moved during that season and his absence was one of our problems when we lost Diaw and Amare. Oh well, see what age can do to a feeble mind.

Steve

nope. losing KT is what started the domino effect where we then had to blow up the team and trade Marion for Shaq... since we no longer had anyone who could play defense down low... much less two first round picks.

JESUS CHRIST THAT TRADE WAS SUCH AN ABOMINATION.

we really didn't even lose that series because of the suspensions... we lost because DA was so damn stubborn that he had to play and starting James freaking Jones over KT (who only got 12 minutes, almost NONE of them with Duncan on the court) in Game 1, in the process losing homecourt advantage again to the Spurs from the get go putting us in a whole from which we had to be play almost perfect to win the rest of the series.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The years all blur together for me but aren't you off by a season? I believe we had already traded KT earlier that season.

Steve
Yeah i know what you mean...:)
We traded KT the summer after the suspension season,which is pretty much at the same point where i lost all faith in what the Suns were doing...and have been doing since.

Anyway,
'06-'07 playoffs
KT played in 11 playoff games that year(starting in 5 of those games). His playoff numbers were 7.5 ppg and 5 rpg and an assist in 20 min per gm. Of course those numbers hardly reflect his total value to that team IMO.

Amare and Diaw were suspended in May 2007
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

KT was traded to Seattle in July of 2007.
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/thomas_trade_070720.html

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST THAT TRADE WAS SUCH AN ABOMINATION.

This statement can never be made too often. For screwing a franchise's future it falls just behind Minnesota getting hammered for the Joe Smith deal. We gave up 2 first round picks AND a valuable asset for zilch. Minnesota still hasn't recovered and we have yet to pay the full price for this stupidity - that will come over the next several years.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This statement can never be made too often.

the ridiculous thing was that there were A LOT of people who slammed all those who said the trade was a disaster, using arguments like "KT isn't worth 16 million dollars"... or for the price, I'd rather have Brian Skinner at 1 million dollars because he was more cost effective.

that team... with KT/Grant Hill and everyone back would have been sick. depth everywhere, Hill to slow down Ginobli and screw with Kobe... :(

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I were PHX, I would re-visit the UTH deal for Milsap. I believe they wanted Lopez, add Warrick and a future pick and bring him in.

Sign Jason Richardson - He knows the system and players, use the VC money to bring him
back.

Draft PG Nolan Smith - Tough, and can shoot, pass & defend. Don't judge him on the ARZ game alone, he can take over a game offensively.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No it was Pietrus and Lopez. And it was a 3 team trade with either Pietrus or Lopez goin to Chicago & Utah gettin somethin else back from the Bulls.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns need to somehow land Anthony Randolph or Kevin Love from Wolves, as they will need other spot filled in....

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know mostly everyone wants the Suns to draft Nash's successor but lets be honest Suns have sucked real bad at drafting recently. Other than Amare and Marion we have not really drafted good players and even if we did draft good players we traded them too soon.

I think its best to just trade the pick + somethin else for a proven player.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Here is what I would like to see.

1) Trade Childress or Pietres (If he takes his option) & our First for Cleveland's 2nd 1st Round pick (From Clips) Draft Perry Jones. I would even give up Rolo or S&T Brooks to make this happen, But Cleveland is stacked at PG and They will most likely pick D Williams with the #1 if they get it.

2) S&T Brooks for prospect Center or Vet PF/C (Maybe A. Randolph, A. Jamison, P. Milsaps) We might have to include someone else to make the $ match)

3) Not sure on this but I think Carter's $18 Million optional contract is still trade able until a few months before Pre-Season. Which would mean we can trade his contract for low first or maybe at team like Atlanta, Jazz, Rockets, Blazers that needs to cut salary. (Josh Smith, P. Milsaps, Scola*YUCK!, Oden) if we don't trade up for Perry Jones then we can include out 1st rounder for Smith.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wanna see the Suns sign Wilson Chandler even if he costs major $$$. I just feel like he will be a really good player in the NBA. An up and rising star.

Perfect replacement for Hill. Denver will try to resign him at all costs but we should try our best to win the bid even if it means paying a lot more.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05