Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one did but like I said, those in favor of the trade deliberately ignored his teammate issues or his thin skin fighting with random fans on Twitter. Ever since he's been called out for those things you folks get your panties twisted and latch onto 1 small thing to detract from the point, like how I said he's giving me Ayton vibes as in the team will be better when he's gone. That's what started this, @Chaplin getting butthurt because I said the Suns would be better when KD is gone and how dare I mention him with Ayton, when I wasn't really comparing them. You jumped right in to help though. Now you want to claim others are being revisionists? Lol ok. Whatever helps you sleep better.
You talk about people twisting your words but that is exactly what you are doing. In your response to me, not Chap, you made up some farcical scenario where people all of the sudden changed their mind about KD. Everybody and their brother knew KDs history. Why does it have to be spelled out just for you? Everybody knew.

Who are these people?

Dude, you are so wrapped up in the spilt milk you trying to focus on anything you can criticize someone about regarding the trade. How does it change anything?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You talk about people twisting your words but that is exactly what you are doing. In your response to me, not Chap, you made up some farcical scenario where people all of the sudden changed their mind about KD. Everybody and their brother knew KDs history. Why does it have to be spelled out just for you? Everybody knew.

Who are these people?

Dude, you are so wrapped up in the spilt milk you trying to focus on anything you can criticize someone about regarding the trade. How does it change anything?

Here's your post....

It’s revisionist history. Who hear exactly had a view of KD not coming with baggage? I don’t recall anybody saying KD was the greatest teammate ever or didn’t point out his choices before.

Now who is bringing the past into this? Clearly you now trying to spin a tail. Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's your post....

Now who is bringing the past into this? Clearly you now trying to spin a tail. Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night.
Yes, and here is what drove that comment. Your words. No tale to spin unless you are the one doing it.

"It's funny how the view of KD has changed amongst some here since he's been a Sun. Saying he's a malcontent, thin skinned, bus rider now gets push back. He was widely recognized as all that before he came here and has been that while here. Some wear their purple and orange glasses though and refuse to admit he is who he is."

You are just making crap up....AGAIN. So you know....whatever helps you sleep at night and all. I will ask again, who exactly are all these people that didn't know who KD was before the trade and all of the sudden changed their view? Everybody knew. People were just willing to overlook it because he made it work before. They were hoping the same thing happened here.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, and here is what drove that comment. Your words. No tale to spin unless you are the one doing it.

"It's funny how the view of KD has changed amongst some here since he's been a Sun. Saying he's a malcontent, thin skinned, bus rider now gets push back. He was widely recognized as all that before he came here and has been that while here. Some wear their purple and orange glasses though and refuse to admit he is who he is."

You are just making crap up....AGAIN. So you know....whatever helps you sleep at night and all. I will ask again, who exactly are all these people that didn't know who KD was before the trade and all of the sudden changed their view? Everybody knew. People were just willing to overlook it because he made it work before. They were hoping the same thing happened here.

I had written a response but decided it was better to delete it since you're just going to keep this going. Nothing to see here though, KD is a model teammate and isn't causing any sort of issues for the Suns.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No one in favor of the KD trade ever mentioned his baggage. The revisionist history is happening now, saying "Oh, we knew he was a troubled teammate". All you folks said was "If you can add KD, you add KD." without hinting about his issues with teammates elsewhere unless the teammates themselves were blamed, like Kyrie being Kyrie or Draymond being Draymond.
I put KD in the Kyrie Irving category. Sure there's baggage. There's so much more talent and ability you overlook ALL the baggage. The scales tip in favor of what they bring to the team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put KD in the Kyrie Irving category. Sure there's baggage. There's so much more talent and ability you overlook ALL the baggage. The scales tip in favor of what they bring to the team.

I cannot stand Kyrie and he's a big part of why I am rooting for Boston... but even he had less red flags than Durant.

Durant fixed zero of our problems, if anything he made our weaknesses more pronounced.

The baggage and toxicity alone was enough of an issue to balk at the deal, toss in the cost and lack of fit... his strength is a slow paced, mid range, iso game... something we already had in spades, so much that it was a limiting factor in our offense.

Ugh.

Still, would not have advocated for a Kyrie deal... even if it would have been better for the team. As a person, I find Kyrie far more revolting than Durant.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had written a response but decided it was better to delete it since you're just going to keep this going. Nothing to see here though, KD is a model teammate and isn't causing any sort of issues for the Suns.
Yet you still responded keeping this going by doubling down, repeating the same nonsense with something NOBODY in this entire forum is saying but YOU.

There's so much more talent and ability you overlook ALL the baggage. The scales tip in favor of what they bring to the team.
This right here is what people were thinking. Not that KD didn't come with baggage or risk. Nobody was thinking KD was a model teammate or there was zero chance he was going to want to be moved again if unhappy. The hope is that he could do what he has done before despite all of that. NOBODY thought KD was going to change his stripes and live happily ever after here and ride into the sunset with us. Heck many of us said this is a 2 to 3 year experiment and then the Suns should be ready to move on. It just sucks this didn't appear to work out and cost us so much to do.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say to this running "conflict" is that trying to win an internet argument is an exercise in futility and in the end, all it usually does is create more internet arguments.
Agreed but so is taking pot shots at everyone who supported a trade every chance you get. That is going to cause arguments too. None of us can change what happened. All the pot shots in the world are not going to change the trade, what we paid or what we are dealing with now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I can say to this running "conflict" is that trying to win an internet argument is an exercise in futility and in the end, all it usually does is create more internet arguments.

I agree. I try to let it go and then it starts back up because I said KD was like Ayton, in that I believe the Suns will be better and more enjoyable when he's gone. That turned into a mess because someone decided I was comparing KD to Ayton as players. Rather than specifically ask for clarification though, they decided to take a pot shot and then here comes the peanut gallery.

I'll try and work on my end of it as I can only control what I respond to.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Matt Tellem as assistant general manager and Brian Gregory as vice president of player programming. I really hope revamping this front office has positive results.

Tellem spent 13 years with the Brooklyn Nets organization. Most recently vice president of strategy for the 2023-24 season and as senior director of salary cap and strategy in 2022-23. Gregory has 19 seasons as a head coach in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree. I try to let it go and then it starts back up because I said KD was like Ayton, in that I believe the Suns will be better and more enjoyable when he's gone. That turned into a mess because someone decided I was comparing KD to Ayton as players. Rather than specifically ask for clarification though, they decided to take a pot shot and then here comes the peanut gallery.

I'll try and work on my end of it as I can only control what I respond to.
A pot shot. That's rich. I didn't call you an idiot, did I? And certainly didn't extend the little jabs you took after the fact.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A pot shot. That's rich. I didn't call you an idiot, did I? And certainly didn't extend the little jabs you took after the fact.

I spelled it out for ya, Chap. I'm sorry you have this need to be a victim. Now answer this question, did you or did not try insinuating I was comparing KD to Ayton?

Regardless of that answer, it was clear you were mocking the idea anyone would put Ayton and KD's name in ths same sentence.

If you aren't willing to discuss it so we can move past it, please don't respond.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Might be a good Eubanks replacement?
Eh. He's ok I guess, but he is old and getting older. Not exactly a floor spacer either.

I would rather go young guy with some potential personally - but maybe that is because I gives us a one tenth of one percent chance of actually being a contender.

Reaction score
I'm not sure who believes, or cares, whether Kevin Durant is unhappy (which I have little evidence of). It's only that he is less unlikely (not "more likely," less unlikely) to be traded than devin booker or Bradley Beal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92