2013/14 Most Improved: Returning Players

Which of these returning players will show most improvement this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's a toss up between Dragic and Gortat.

Gortat strikes me as an Erik Dampier type player who turns it on in a contract year but once he gets paid he will settle back to being a 12-8 type player. I hope the Suns aren't the ones to pay him and ship him off around the trade deadline. With the new CBA and shorter contracts it won't cripple a team like it used to but it still won't turn out good if they lock him in around 10+ million a year.

I think Dragic will come in with somewhat of a chip on his shoulder due to the fact the Suns picked up Bledsoe making Dragic expendable at PG if Bledsoe is as advertised. I think he is professional enough though to play hard every night trying to prove himself as the better PG instead of complaining about it.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Hornacek is planning on playing Dragic and Bledsoe together. Right after the trade he was asked about that and he responded by telling about himself playing alongside KJ - how well that worked for a fastbreaking team. Horny was a combo guard and played point much of the time when KJ was off the floor. IIRC, he was the starting PG for Philly after we traded him and played that position in college, as well. So it is a rather comparable situation.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I reluctantly said Gortat. If there were a "None of the above" option, I probably would have chosen that. I don't think that any of our returning players have much undeveloped potential. Gortat is playing for a contract so he will have extra motivation to shine.
If the question were who will improve the most since last season, then Frye is the obvious winner.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Kendall Marshall has a lot more room for improvement than anyone else so I'm voting for him. If he has any sense he'll have busted his butt working on his shot over the summer because without something more than his passing he's a very marginal NBA player

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake