2014 NFL Playoffs: Packers vs. 49ers

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 out 4 road teams won this weekend. great football all the way around save this morning's game.

it's crazy how much better the NFL is then every single other sport.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We know everyone here hates the Niners, but they got a damn good team!!! Give credit where credit is due IMO. A spade is a spade

Niners or Hawks will win the Super Bowl :bang:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
They just showed a replay of the game winning kick. It went between the arms of the guy diving to block it! :eek:

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sumabeeeatch!

The niners are not that good of a team. Their defense is quality, on offense Crabtree, Boldin, Davis and Gore are best of the best. But #7 is overrated. I've just noticed he has 1 hot read, if that guy is covered, he forces it or takes off and runs.

This year the Packers were not that good. I really thought the Lions or Bears were the better NFC north team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just give credit to the players and fans that were out in that crazy cold weather. Green Bay needs a indoor stadium.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't believe that GB corner dropped that int. on that last drive. That was ball game there. Unbelievable, I could have caught that one.

Buckybird

Reaction score
sumabeeeatch!

The niners are not that good of a team.

Denial :p

Yes they are! We're closing the gap though & now the Cards believe they can beat them & that's a HUGE step!!! BA instilled the hard nosed mentality into our Redbirds that they have IMO. :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I can't quite figure out if SF plays rope a dope when they get a lead, or I'd they simply have been lucky three weeks in a row.

They get these leads, the offense goes cold, the other team ties / threatens to take the lead, and then when they need to score, they get a play.

SF is good, but that kind of football is hard to sustain over the weeks-- too much randomness. What if Matt Ryan throws that quick slant 12" lower- no int. On SFs final drive last week, there was a tipped ball that Shaughnessy could have easily caught if he saw it. Dropped int on today's final drive. Eventually the luck will run out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Meanwhile Green Bay has lost 3 straight playoff games and two at home. Remember when they were about to be a dynasty? :chuckle:

Hopper15

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't quite figure out if SF plays rope a dope when they get a lead, or I'd they simply have been lucky three weeks in a row.

They get these leads, the offense goes cold, the other team ties / threatens to take the lead, and then when they need to score, they get a play.

SF is good, but that kind of football is hard to sustain over the weeks-- too much randomness. What if Matt Ryan throws that quick slant 12" lower- no int. On SFs final drive last week, there was a tipped ball that Shaughnessy could have easily caught if he saw it. Dropped int on today's final drive. Eventually the luck will run out.

What if Atlanta doesn't recover the onside kick? Recovering an onside kick is the luckiest play in football.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sumabeeeatch!

The niners are not that good of a team. Their defense is quality, on offense Crabtree, Boldin, Davis and Gore are best of the best. But #7 is overrated. I've just noticed he has 1 hot read, if that guy is covered, he forces it or takes off and runs.

This year the Packers were not that good. I really thought the Lions or Bears were the better NFC north team.

If the Niners aren't that good of a team, then the Cardinals must be average at best considering they are the defending NFC Champs, have a better record then us and beat us twice.

Come on...I don't like them either, but we gotta give credit where credit's due.

Buckybird

Reaction score
If the Niners aren't that good of a team, then the Cardinals must be average at best considering they are the defending NFC Champs, have a better record then us and beat us twice.

Come on...I don't like them either, but we gotta give credit where credit's due.
:thumbup:
Absofreakinglutely cheese

You don't go 36-11-1 in the last 3 years & not be talented. Plus everyone disses crybaby Harbaugh too, but he's pretty darn good to. I don't care for them either, but reality is they aren't going away in the next couple of years IMO.

Come on Cards it's time to pop these guys in the mouth again :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:
Absofreakinglutely cheese

You don't go 36-11-1 in the last 3 years & not be talented. Plus everyone disses crybaby Harbaugh too, but he's pretty darn good to. I don't care for them either, but reality is they aren't going away in the next couple of years IMO.

seriously. They're one game away from their 3rd straight NFC Title game. That's pretty damn good no matter how you slice it.

and while people want to bang on Kap and call him overrated, when the chips are down, more often then not the guy comes up with big plays...or have people already forgotten about a perfect pass he made on a huge third down to kill us in our house last week already?

Last edited:

Buckybird

Reaction score
I still think the Seahawks are a much better and a more complete team than the 49ers.

IMO they are dead even. Neither team really has a true weakness imo. Either way, both teams are the class of the NFC at this point. I said about 5 weaks ago if Seattle had homefield that only the Niners could beat them in the playoffs up at that crazy Stadium & I'm sticking to it.

I hate to say it, but I think the winner of that game wins the Super Bowl :bang:

Buckybird

Reaction score
seriously. They're one game away from their 3rd straight NFC Title game. That's pretty damn good no matter how you slice it.

and while people want to bang on Kap and call him overrated, when the chips are down, more often then not the guy comes up with big plays...or have people already forgotten about a perfect pass he made on a huge third down to kill us in our house last week already?

Yeppers

I know we're coming like a freight train after both, I just hope we get caught looking on the outside because we're stuck in this division with them...sometimes it just happens that way :(

I'm praying like hell that Keim & BA's plan to get better & catch them succeeds. :newcards:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think the Seahawks are a much better and a more complete team than the 49ers.

they're both the class of the league, IMO. Which sucks. Sucks even more that both have extremely young QBs who are just starting to scratch the surface of their potential...and their teams are already as good as they are.

The Niners D is right on par with the Hawks and I think they have more weapons on O, but Wilson right now lifts them over Kaep, who's still got his ups and downs. more ups then downs, but that is the only difference i see between the teams.

as much as a I hate both teams, I still kinda want to see them square off in the NFC Title game simply because I want to watch the best football possible and those two teams are the best of the NFC. and they hate each other, which makes it all the more fun to watch.

if we could possibly get Manning v. Brady Part 9 Billion in one conference and Niners v. Hags, that would be a sick day of football to watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky