2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
alrighty just in time, Cousins is available. Go Raptors!

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Raptors GM is a witch! The dude retooled on the fly and put together a wicked team. That said, Golden State will convince themselves they are the underdogs with their injuries to Durant and Cousins, and will play fast and loose. Toronto will be tighter, which will be just enough edge for GS to squeek by. Wild Card, Kawhi Leonrad's injury. How much longer can he grind it out before it snaps? If he goes down, game over.

Is he really injured? He hasn't played like it. He's been historically great this postseason and has been the best player on the floor in every Raptors series so far. He may not have entered into those series as the best player but he sure as hell left each one as the best player. He showed up Giannis in the ECF and he showed up Butler, Simmons, and Embiid before that. I don't remember who they played in the first round but they didn't have much trouble, I know that. Of course he's facing playoff tested talent now but last time he did that in the Finals he won the finals MVP for the Spurs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is he really injured? He hasn't played like it. He's been historically great this postseason and has been the best player on the floor in every Raptors series so far. He may not have entered into those series as the best player but he sure as hell left each one as the best player. He showed up Giannis in the ECF and he showed up Butler, Simmons, and Embiid before that. I don't remember who they played in the first round but they didn't have much trouble, I know that. Of course he's facing playoff tested talent now but last time he did that in the Finals he won the finals MVP for the Spurs.

did you watch the game/leg?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors fans setting off fireworks etc overnight to prevent Warriors players from sleeping in their hotel. Not that it's never been done before but it's one of those be careful about poking the sleeping bear things. If it works genius, if it backfires and Steph or Klay go for 40 + they might regret it.

Should be an interesting game 1, the Warriors needed the rest to heal but you always worry they will be rusty with such a long layoff.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you watch the game/leg?

Yeah, he clearly isn't the same player physically and you could see him struggle with the pain often. It's amazing he can still do so much even somewhat limited as he's been.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he clearly isn't the same player physically and you could see him struggle with the pain often. It's amazing he can still do so much even somewhat limited as he's been.

Yeah he's playing on one leg and has been for awhile. Been the best player in the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he definitely looks like he's dragging a little out there... which only makes his play that much more impressive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The playing of the national anthem for both countries electrified the crowd in Toronto.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The playing of the national anthem for both countries electrified the crowd in Toronto.

That's done already? I just turned it on and saw they were going to commercial. I'm glad I missed that. I guess we'll be stuck with the Canadian anthem in each game throughout the finals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's done already? I just turned it on and saw they were going to commercial. I'm glad I missed that. I guess we'll be stuck with the Canadian anthem in each game throughout the finals.

The playing of the Canadian anthem really got the crowd excited. I didn't mind it one bit. It gives the flavor if the NBA creates more international rivalries.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The playing of the Canadian anthem really got the crowd excited. I didn't mind it one bit. It gives the flavor if the NBA creates more international rivalries.
I like how the commentators were trying to get the home audience riled up about the NBA being an international game. They are playing in Canada! Not like it's Turkey, or Siam.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about the Raptors taking so many 3's but they're making them. I didn't think they'd want to turn it into a shootout with the Warriors but apparently they're on their game.

The crowd is crazy. I haven't seen a crowd this hot for a game in a long time.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Crowd gives Gasol a standing ovation for getting a foul on Green!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the Raptors taking so many 3's but they're making them. I didn't think they'd want to turn it into a shootout with the Warriors but apparently they're on their game.

The crowd is crazy. I haven't seen a crowd this hot for a game in a long time.

They are mostly wide open shots though. I always judge offense based on who's getting the open shots easiest, so far Toronto is by a mile

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been more exciting than I anticipated. I hope it stays this up tempo.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are mostly wide open shots though. I always judge offense based on who's getting the open shots easiest, so far Toronto is by a mile

They're passing more. I've noticed Lowry is the only guy who has kind of forced it offensively for them so far. Other than his missed 3, that he shouldn't have taken anyways, they're playing like the Spurs. Just moving the ball until a shot is available.

Steph is hitting his shots though and that's not good for the Raptors. That miss that he had was like halfway down before it popped back out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser