2023 Draft Day 1 thread (no spoilers)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh maybe I am wrong but I could have sworn that the picks came out on Twitter first.
People leak them because the networks hold them to sync with the announcements.

It gets worse later in the draft when they're 2-3-5 picks behind announcing.

Of course, also the breaks where they line up 30 people for some cause or remembrance or for someone in the home state to announce.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Anybody remember the draft where Minnesota let the clock run out and two teams beat them to the podium before they made their pick?
ESPN just had a long-form article about this. It was very interesting. It seems like the NFL messed up more than Minnesota, and quietly made changes to address it.

Edit: the article was posted a couple of posts above.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Who was the team that stole the pick?
They got the guy they wanted anyway (Kevin Williams). Jags and Panthers rushed their picks in when the clock ran out, but Williams was the guy they wanted all along. They just didn't get the trade compensation out of it based on the other team not getting through to the NFL draft desk.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another question.

What will be everyone’s celebratory drink when we use Pick 3 correctly?

I’m leaning toward Johnny Walker Double Black. Little bit of ice and a splash of water while listening to Metallicas Nothing Else Matters.
King's Creek Tennessee Whiskey, neat. Not in the league some have on hand but not bad IMO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dr Pepper
I’m admittedly at Dr P addict but have you tried Dr P Cream Soda (zero)? I hate soda without sugar but that’s the only one I can stomach... Dr P strawberries & cream is also amazing. And yes I realize I’m an adult who drinks liquid candy. Rant over.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still doubtful about the Panthers taking Young.

Tepper has been through an endless stream of QBs in the last 5 years and I just don't see him taking a size outlier when Kyler hasn't been great and Russ stunk last year. It's not so much his height as his weight. I'm not sure he's ever going to carry much more.

If I'm the Panthers after that huge trade I'm shooting for the moon and taking Richardson.

They have Reich, McCown and Caldwell there. I think those guys see a ceiling they can help him achieve.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been watching clips on TikTok all week...lol

Not a great movie, but women of the war room stuff was interesting.
It’s an actively bad movie… from a movie and sports accuracy standpoint.

But it’s ridiculousness makes it a fun bad movie watch right down to Costner believing the “pancake eating m’fer” line would go down in the pantheon of great sports movie moments.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat