2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You can learn anything. That's just silly.

You may not WANT to learn it, but you can
I have to disagree. You can reach him to turn around and come back for a ball, but you'll never teach him, or anyone, to go get the ball. There's a difference. One can be taught, the other is instinct and desire.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. You can reach him to turn around and come back for a ball, but you'll never teach him, or anyone, to go get the ball. There's a difference. One can be taught, the other is instinct and desire.

Okay but the military teaches you toughness and to overcome failure.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was legit a dungeon and dragons nerd before I joined the military after my GF cheated on me.

That's the real story of why I joined the Army. I was dating an underwear model and surprise, she traded up. I joined the Army the next day.

They singled my ass out right away. Rear guard on the platoon runs. Extra PT. Constant deep in my business. It's why I always thought the nickname Knee Deep was kind of funny. I also was Knee Deep.

Until I wasn't. I learned to be tougher.

Still a DnD nerd though.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was legit a dungeon and dragons nerd before I joined the military after my GF cheated on me.

That's the real story of why I joined the Army. I was dating an underwear model and surprise, she traded up. I joined the Army the next day.

They singled my ass out right away. Rear guard on the platoon runs. Extra PT. Constant deep in my business. It's why I always thought the nickname Knee Deep was kind of funny. I also was Knee Deep.

Still a DnD nerd though.

I think we need to see pictures of said girlfriend to appreciate the story ;)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is on Petzing I think. MHJ seems like an after thought in this slow boring conservative offense
They use him in the offense like he’s just another guy. Petzing does nothing special to get the #4 pick unique looks or involvement whatsoever.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They use him in the offense like he’s just another guy. Petzing does nothing special to get the #4 pick unique looks or involvement whatsoever.

It’s infuriating. It’s looking to me like McCoys style, “you fit my scheme” not scheme players to fit their best abilities

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would like to see MHJ work out of the slot more. He's struggling in the outside X receiver role and Petzing needs to make an adjustment to get him going before this turns into a giant mess.

He was in the slot a ton tonight. They kept highlighting him.

Fitz learned to be an all-time physical WR. That didn’t happen until after Haley got here and started riding him in his third season.

That said, Fitz at least fought for balls and came out with the best hands, always high pointing the ball. And his body control in the air was there from the jump.

Sad part is Marv shows NONE of that at this point.

Went to a coaching clinic with his HC at Pitt and he wouldn’t stop talking about Fitz’s concentration and hands. MHJ just has a different base skill set. Comparing him to Fitz is unfair.

Still a DnD nerd though.

My dude is chaotic neutral.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think about Stroud's comments at ~3:48 every time I watch Marvin play.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im ready for MHJ to a Diva. Screw the boys scout tough. Challenge your OC and QB to get you the ball. Hop worked cause he did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As I told @DVontel after the Bills game. Maybe he needs some dawg in him like Nabers. Jones is bad, but you can see on his face that getting Nabers the ball is a priority to him. Cause Nabers made it understood to him and Daboll.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was in the slot a ton tonight. They kept highlighting him.

Went to a coaching clinic with his HC at Pitt and he wouldn’t stop talking about Fitz’s concentration and hands. MHJ just has a different base skill set. Comparing him to Fitz is unfair.

You totally missed the point. I said he had concentration and hands unlike most others out of the gate. But he was NOT physical. He’d go down early, run out of bounds, didn’t block worth a lick and then Haley came in and helped maximize his size and strength with RAC and especially blocking where Larry became one of the best blocking WRs in the game.

All that stuff CAN be taught if the player’s willing. Whether Marv has that dawg in him remains to be seen. But early results ain’t great in that area.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan