2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only mind boggling ones are Johnson and Suggs IMO.

Suggs found his niche last year. He's a defensive demon with size who can guard anyone on the floor. I'd love to have him. He's like a stronger version of Shai without the offensive flash that SGA has.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what kind of player Oso can be if he can add 20 lbs of muscle to his frame. He looks like he has the frame to do it. This post about Sengun made me think about that for some reason.
Evan Sidery noted that Oso and Nurkic were on the floor a couple times together. That had Oso in the dunker/screen role, and Nurkic spreading the floor for threes. Interesting they looked at that option. Maybe the really big teams we may have to resort to that for some stretches. Especially when KD sits.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks interior defense is dog crap, shocking.

Also, Bridges shot looks like it’s in slow motion. I don’t know if he’s nervous in this debut or if he screwed with his shot somehow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took awhile, but it looks like Miles McBride may be finally coming around for the Knicks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks interior defense is dog crap, shocking.

Also, Bridges shot looks like it’s in slow motion. I don’t know if he’s nervous in this debut or if he screwed with his shot somehow.

The Knicks three point defense isn't good either. Mikal Bridge's shot is looking better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks three point defense isn't good either. Mikal Bridge's shot is looking better.
Yeah, he finally hit one right after I posted, now he can’t miss.

Some of their defensive problems are probably that they have a lot of new guys, they keep having two people close out the same player and leaving someone wide open, but they also can’t keep anybody out of the lane and Towns can’t stay in front of anyone.

Also, Boston is just really really good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he finally hit one right after I posted, now he can’t miss.

Some of their defensive problems are probably that they have a lot of new guys, they keep having two people close out the same player and leaving someone wide open, but they also can’t keep anybody out of the lane and Towns can’t stay in front of anyone.

Also, Boston is just really really good.

I think that is the bottom line take. The Suns will have to build a team that can beat the Celtics.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think that is the bottom line take. The Suns will have to build a team that can beat the Celtics.
We built one that could beat Denver, but got swept by Minnesota. Every time we focus on beating a squad, it seems to bite us on the A$$.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan