2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas traded Hardaway Jr. to make room to sign another player if I understand the reports correctly. they would have to choose between signing Jones Jr. with that money or go after a player of Klay Thompson's level. If they can't land a deal with Jones Jr. quickly I imagine he will be gone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA teams can begin negotiations with all upcoming free agents starting today beginning at 6 pm Eastern Time, which I believe would be 3 pm Arizona time.

Maybe we get an idea who the Suns want to fill out their roster.

Signing free agents begins July 6th.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA teams can begin negotiations with all upcoming free agents starting today beginning at 6 pm Eastern Time, which I believe would be 3 pm Arizona time.

Maybe we get an idea who the Suns want to fill out their roster.

Signing free agents begins July 6th.
I hope the Suns are VERY VERY active because they have some work to do.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Warriors announced Klay isn’t returning. They’re exploring sign and trade deals. They also waived Chris Paul. Wonder if there’s any chance he’s be willing to come back and if they can make the money work.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul coming back might be our best option. A guard rotation of Paul, Beal, Book, and Allen, and Okogie is not bad. I would rather have a younger player but Paul at 18 minutes a game might be workable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul coming back might be our best option. A guard rotation of Paul, Beal, Book, and Allen, and Okogie is not bad. I would rather have a younger player but Paul at 18 minutes a game might be workable.
Gambo nixed that idea. That must be coming from the FO not having interest or Paul not having interest. You never know though. If nobody else wants him that might be possible but I don't want to depend on him for more than 10 to 12 minutes a night. We still need another PG.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo nixed that idea. That must be coming from the FO not having interest or Paul not having interest. You never know though. If nobody else wants him that might be possible but I don't want to depend on him for more than 10 to 12 minutes a night. We still need another PG.
When did Gambo nix it?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo nixed that idea. That must be coming from the FO not having interest or Paul not having interest. You never know though. If nobody else wants him that might be possible but I don't want to depend on him at all. We still need another PG.
I saw a blurb last week that both LA teams were interested in CP3 if GS let him go so if true, I can't see him being interested in looking elsewhere.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Fills a huge need, plays with fire, displays leadership...

If he wanted to come back we'd be crazy not to take him, he is worlds better than anyone else we have a chance at, even at his age.

However, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with the Clippers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good god, what a horrendous contract. The Bulls, a franchise that should be a destination, seemingly always spend waaaaaay too much to keep their own mediocre players.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden stays with the Clips on a 2 years, 35 million deal.

The Clips being unwilling to sign George to a max extension, while still giving money to Harden makes me think that they're probably going to blow it up within a year or 2.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Jonas Jonas Valanciunas will play in the East.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fills a huge need, plays with fire, displays leadership...

If he wanted to come back we'd be crazy not to take him, he is worlds better than anyone else we have a chance at, even at his age.

However, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up with the Clippers.
Nope, he’s shot. Much rather develop a rookie.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Clippers get Derrick Jones, Jr. Not really a replacement for George but it's something...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thunder have improved their team with the addition of Caruso and Hartenstein while keeping their boatload of assets.

This is what the Suns will have to face, good young teams on their way up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm