2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hope CP3 has something left on the tank. Looking forward to playing the Spurs now. To me it's better to have him on the Spurs than cheering on Steph, Klay and those douches. No offence.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff Morris agrees to a 1-year deal with the Mavericks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe an NBA team didn't sign Cedi Osman. There is definitely a need for expansion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I know it's essentially impossible to get Cam outside of Beal agreeing to go to Brooklyn and Brooklyn wanting him but Cam and KD would make for such a dynamic frontcourt.

I did a little digging to see if there was a way for a 3-4 way that landed Cam while shipping out either Grayson or Nurkic, who are 4 and 5 in annual salary for the Suns, and there really is no way to make it happen since we're in tax hell.

The overall haul that Brooklyn has received from KD is astonishing. It'll be interesting to see what they get for Cam. I'd imagine 2 1sts, maybe 1 lotto type pick. That will put them close to 10 1sts, which is nuts.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think maybe that's expecting a bit much for Cam Johnson (1 lotto + 1 first). We'll see though.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
Follow

The Lakers and seven-foot center Christian Koloko have agreed on a deal, agent Calvin Andrews of Klutch Sports says. Koloko is expected to have an opportunity for a role in Lakers frontcourt after he receives clearance from league’s fitness panel.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think maybe that's expecting a bit much for Cam Johnson (1 lotto + 1 first). We'll see though.

Swing guys who can shoot and defend outside are a premium position. Great shooter, solid defender, team player... injury yellow flags.

I always find those post draft "trade rumors" that are supposedly asking for a "lotto" pick rather funny... as though that is something you can schedule in advance. Outside of that rubbish, I don't see Cam getting moved for less than some combination of a couple picks and/or young players... with contract money thrown in because of his salary.

Not a block buster at all, but a future first or 2, or a young promising player combined with a player a bad, short term contract seems like something that Brooklyn would consider.

They're gutting the team, it looks like they're handing the offensive reigns over to Cam Thomas this year and that dude seems like an absolute "tank commander", a shot chucking, empty stat, champion.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
32m

Free agent F Marcus Morris has agreed to a one-year deal with the New York Knicks, agent Yony Noy of LAA Partners tells @TheAthletic. Morris will have a chance to enter his 14th NBA season with the Eastern Conference contender

I was going to be rooting for the Knicks for the first time in my life with Mikal, Cam Payne, Brunson, OG, and the rest of their Villanova alum but adding a Morrii really cancels out a lot of their likability.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to be rooting for the Knicks for the first time in my life with Mikal, Cam Payne, Brunson, OG, and the rest of their Villanova alum but adding a Morrii really cancels out a lot of their likability.
It doesn't for me. The twins did not handle things properly but neither did we and I really don't know who was more wrong with the way things went down. JMO.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't for me. The twins did not handle things properly but neither did we and I really don't know who was more wrong with the way things went down. JMO.

I don't just hold their anti-Suns/McD antics against them but their thuggish behavior. Like how they were both charged with assaulting their old agent. They've both taken cheap shots against others on the floor as well, although I believe Markieff did that more than Marcus as it appeared Marcus matured some when he became a father. I only can say because he started going by Marcus Morris Sr when that happened. I didn't follow him close enough to know when he had a kid but when a player changes their name and how they're announced and referenced it's hard not to notice.