2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet the Suns are about to give Durant a two-year extension, despite having literally zero competition for his services.

I think the Suns are creating a brand as a destination for top players. Whether it works out in the long run, remains to be seen.

However, I think Mat Ishbia wants the Suns to be considered an elite franchise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the best remaining free agents. The Suns have a roster spot open.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And yet the Suns are about to give Durant a two-year extension, despite having literally zero competition for his services.

I don’t like it either but all letting him walk would do is get us below the 2nd apron. Honestly unless we’re getting below the actual salary cap it’s not a huge deal. A one year extension would mean he expires the same year as Beal and then we’d be below the actual cap with prime Book and cap space.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like it either but all letting him walk would do is get us below the 2nd apron. Honestly unless we’re getting below the actual salary cap it’s not a huge deal. A one year extension would mean he expires the same year as Beal and then we’d be below the actual cap with prime Book and cap space.

If it works out that way, it would be great.

I had the Suns coming up a season short, reading the quote from Mat Ishbia.

There is a reason the Suns hire top people for their front office.

BY KELLAN OLSON Suns reporter, ArizonaSports.com editor:

“Last year didn’t even count,” he said. “So, the next two years we are going to be in the second apron and we are going to be very expensive. Luxury tax is going to be high this year, it’s going to be high again next year. And we’re going to compete and we’re going to see how we do.

“And then the third year we have to try to get out of it. That would probably be the best and most intelligent decision because that would make it so our picks are not frozen and not pushed to the back of the draft.”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Zach Edey is going to be a load for a defender to handle down low.

See how slow he dribbles? We see guys strip it away from Nurkic all the time. There wasn't any weak side help on that play.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the Suns are creating a brand as a destination for top players. Whether it works out in the long run, remains to be seen.

We had that juice early on with Jerry C. When he signed Chambers, that turned a lot of heads in the NBA.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
BRUH:
Just looks like he's leaning back slightly. He starts leaning forward, he will start hitting those. He's not far off. A good shooting coach should be able to fix that. Mostly looks like he's in his own head as long as he's taking to measure it up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal’s jumper has always seemed mental. Sometimes he looks like KD and other times it’s Clank City.

I think there is video posted on the Suns forum when he used to do that slow mechanics shot.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If that is Ishbia's goal then I worry about the future even more. Stars attract stars, period. Look at Luka in Dallas, Kyrie wouldn't have re-upped unless Luka was there. Dame wouldn't have gone to Milwaukee if Giannis wasn't there. Look back to the Heatles and KD on the Warriors. Resigning KD won't make anyone else want to come here to replace him unless they believe in Booker. It's on Book's shoulders to be a guy who others want to play with.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is Ishbia's goal then I worry about the future even more. Stars attract stars, period. Look at Luka in Dallas, Kyrie wouldn't have re-upped unless Luka was there. Dame wouldn't have gone to Milwaukee if Giannis wasn't there. Look back to the Heatles and KD on the Warriors. Resigning KD won't make anyone else want to come here to replace him unless they believe in Booker. It's on Book's shoulders to be a guy who others want to play with.

The Suns have already started down that path. I don't think there is any turning back.

Hopefully they can overcome their shortcomings in the draft with late picks and free agents.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks are waiving Landry Shamet. Ouch.

Conceivably, he might return to the Knicks when healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see Mac McClung signed to a two-way contract. I think he has a chance to eventually play in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This video is from January 12th, 2020. It shows Mikal Bridges with a similar hitch in his shot, except this was in practice.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There was video elsewhere if Mikel practicing that shooting motion.

I don’t know why.

But he took shot after shot like that clip from the pre season. Game.

Again idk why he’s changing his shot to a 70-80’s era type of release.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of the NBA waivers thus far.

Former Suns Nassir Little was waived by Miami.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Here is a list of the NBA waivers thus far.

Former Suns Nassir Little was waived by Miami.

Armando Linwood Bacot Jr. is an American professional basketball player for the Memphis Grizzlies of the National Basketball Association. He played college basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels of the Atlantic Coast Conference. He holds the program records for double-doubles and career rebounds. Wikipedia
Born: 2000 (age 24 years), Richmond, VA
Current team: Memphis Grizzlies (#00 / Center, Power forward)
Education: Trinity Episcopal School, IMG Academy
Parents: Christie Lomax, Armando Bacot Sr.
Height: 6′ 11″
League: NBA
Listed weight: 240 lb (109 kg)

Don't know anything about this guy. Just saw his pedigree at North Carolina. "He holds the program records for double-doubles and career rebounds." On the Tar Heels, this has some weight. We need rebounding. Could be interesting to kick the tires on this one?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like a coaching problem with Mikal. He doesn't seem the type to have an ego or inner circle pushing and pulling him like a Kawhi Leonard type so I'd be hesitant to blame him for the change on his own rather than someone tried to fix what wasn't broken. Maybe it was someone with the Nets or the Knicks but I'd lean more towards Nets since they're a bad team who wanted him to be THE MAN rather than a complimentary player so who knows. Coaching it out of him should be possible since he's a smart player who has been an malleable player all his career in the spotlight, including college.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Boogie Ellis gets waived by the Kings.

his issue is he's not a PG and he's a bit undersized to play the 2. He's a very gifted shooter though. I think he'll eventually find his way onto someone's roster