2024-2025 Around the NBA Thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp knicks and wolves have some stuff to figure out with their trades. Both teams looking like they don’t know to utilize their new asset.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bonds still had to make contact for that ball to go over the fence.

Bron relies on calls and flops for his stats.

Bron still needs to put the ball in the basket. Same thing. He's not scoring 20+ PPG based solely on calls he gets at 40 years old, or close to 40. He's in his 21st season, which is insane. His athleticism, skill, and BB IQ is undeniable. What keeps him from surpassing MJ as the GOAT though is the fact he plays for the refs too much and seeks those bailouts.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
How long until Bronny getting playing time over other guys starts to mess up Lakers locker room?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How long until Bronny getting playing time over other guys starts to mess up Lakers locker room?

I'm sure it is already affecting the guys internally.

Side note, did anyone see the clip where Book say's "he's just not good" while Bronny was shooting his free throws? Book denied it, but the video is there.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who gives a crap about the James family. Why is the kid getting so much coverage. He sucks!

Meanwhile Knecht is being sat out for him.
It is getting so much attention because it has never happened before. A father and son duo playing in the NBA together (and on the same team). They even had Ken Griffey, Sr. and Jr. sitting prominently at the game to make a huge deal of another father and son duo from another sport.

Great. You had your moment. You made history. Now get Bronny to a developmental level team - or the end of the bench - and play Knecht.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is getting so much attention because it has never happened before. A father and son duo playing in the NBA together (and on the same team). They even had Ken Griffey, Sr. and Jr. sitting prominently at the game to make a huge deal of another father and son duo from another sport.

Great. You had your moment. You made history. Now get Bronny to a developmental level team - or the end of the bench - and play Knecht.
I understand but it was real with the Griffey's, this is all sideshow. It's even more fake than if Memphis had signed Scottie to play a quarter with his kid. What's next, put Dr Ruth out there with Babe Ruth and hope no one notices they're not related, or alive?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who gives a crap about the James family. Why is the kid getting so much coverage. He sucks!

Meanwhile Knecht is being sat out for him.

This is good, right?

If the Lakers want to play Bronny over Knecht, that's fine by me, but Knecht played 13 more minutes in comparison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand but it was real with the Griffey's, this is all sideshow. It's even more fake than if Memphis had signed Scottie to play a quarter with his kid. What's next, put Dr Ruth out there with Babe Ruth and hope no one notices they're not related, or alive?

If these were cameo appearances, father with son, it would make more sense. I would even cheer it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If these were cameo appearances, father with son, it would make more sense. I would even cheer it.
It's doing it solely for the spectacle that irks me. Lebron is to be applauded for his longevity but if his son isn't a real NBA player than this is just a stunt, one that has no place in a competitive sport.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's doing it solely for the spectacle that irks me. Lebron is to be applauded for his longevity but if his son isn't a real NBA player than this is just a stunt, one that has no place in a competitive sport.
He weakened his team just for a father/son moment. I bet Bronny grows to resent it in time. He is a pawn in all of this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why I remarked if it was for a cameo appearance, it would be fine. Bronny could have been brought up from the G-League for this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He weakened his team just for a father/son moment. I bet Bronny grows to resent it in time. He is a pawn in all of this.

I watched some of the game. Again, it's the cost of business. The Lakers need to keep Lebron happy. What are they without him?

Bottom line, the Lakers won.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bronny isn't an NBA player, he's a career G-Leaguer and that's nominal. Gotta feel for the kid being propped up just to satisfy his dad's ego.

Michael Jordan never played in an NBA game with HIS son, did he?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was stupid to waste a draft pick on Bronny. He would have gone undrafted.

I bet using the 55th pick on Bronny really hurt. :)

It's weird how I get stuck in the position of defending the Lakers. Their selection of Knecht at #17 was excellent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan