2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think a McBride / Fant combo would be awesome, and a realistic way to add talent to the offense that doesn't cost huge money. It also takes some pressure of McBride to continue to develop into a complete TE on a more talented offensive roster.

Elijah Higgins has entered the chat

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Absolutely. I have little doubt that Fant will outperform Brock Bowers in each of the next two years.

Has it? I think people are getting a little carried away here. He didn't make the pro bowl. He was the #10 TE in fantasy points. He had 113 yards and 1 TD combined over the last three games where he became a focal point of the passing game.

It's just as likely that Big Play Trey never exceeds the single-season totals he put up this year.

I think they'll fill one gap with in free agency and the other in the draft. Waiting until the draft to fill either would be extremely foolhardy.
Yea it absolutely has. McBride is an ascending player, and right now would be in the top 10 TE's in the NFL with the chance to become top 3-4. What I saw as the year went on was McBride being the ONLY receiving threat we had, and he still produced. You put an above average WR on the outside (hopefully 2) and McBride is going the be able to run wild in the middle of the field. I would expect ~75 catches, 850-950 yards, and 5+ TD's next year.

Other than LaPorta...name another young TE on a rookie contract who could touch those numbers?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Elijah Higgins has entered the chat
Yeah...just like a lot of young guys, Higgins needs to beat legitimate NFL players for snaps before I depend on him. If he can beat out Fant...great. If he can't, Petzing has showed he will use 3 TE sets and decent depth is always needed.

The Cardinals could give Fant 2 years, 10 mil total, re-sign Swaim, and still have a totla positional spending of about 10.3 mil which would put them around 19th in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yea it absolutely has. McBride is an ascending player, and right now would be in the top 10 TE's in the NFL with the chance to become top 3-4. What I saw as the year went on was McBride being the ONLY receiving threat we had, and he still produced. You put an above average WR on the outside (hopefully 2) and McBride is going the be able to run wild in the middle of the field. I would expect ~75 catches, 850-950 yards, and 5+ TD's next year.

Other than LaPorta...name another young TE on a rookie contract who could touch those numbers?
I think this is a false assumption. McBride thrived partly because he was the only real option in the passing game, and runs underneath routes which can get open when the other team is leading. Don't get me wrong, I love the progress it looks like McBride made, but he is still the guy who gave up snaps to Zach Ertz out of training camp. We don't really know what McBride is going to be until the Cardinals add more talent to the passing game and we see how that shakes out. The good news is McBride is now going to get every opportunity to show he is part of the long term future. TBD.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this is a false assumption. McBride thrived partly because he was the only real option in the passing game, and runs underneath routes which can get open when the other team is leading. Don't get me wrong, I love the progress it looks like McBride made, but he is still the guy who gave up snaps to Zach Ertz out of training camp. We don't really know what McBride is going to be until the Cardinals add more talent to the passing game and we see how that shakes out. The good news is McBride is now going to get every opportunity to show he is part of the long term future. TBD.
I think Ertz had earned the benefit of the doubt career wise, and McBride hadnt gotten a real chance to show what he could do. Ertz had 27 catches 187 yards and a touchdown. I dont think that if those passes had gone to McBride the results would have been worse...they probably would have been better...but lets round down and say McBride makes 20 of those catches for 140 yards and nabs the extra touchdown.

That would put his stats for the year at 101 catches, 965 yards, and 4 TDs.

That would make him 2nd in the NFL in catches, 3rd in yards, and and tied for 12th in TDs.

He would have had very similar numbers to Kelce....and he would have done it with Dobbs for a good chunk of the season and no WR's.

I think he absolutely showed he can be a major contributor...on any team in the NFL. If there was a TE fantasy draft right now for NFL GM's...I would put money on him being picked in the top 6...because of his age, contract, production, and potential.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
If we dont get MHJ, Nabers, Coleman or Odunze....Im doubling up at WR with Troy Franklin at #35 and a big body guy like Legette.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we dont get MHJ, Nabers, Coleman or Odunze....Im doubling up at WR with Troy Franklin at #35 and a big body guy like Legette.
Its going to be interesting what they run. 4.3 and Franklin wont be there at 35. I've been seeing Legette falling to round 3.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Its going to be interesting what they run. 4.3 and Franklin wont be there at 35. I've been seeing Legette falling to round 3.
Same...although Legette may absolutely destroy the combine. Hes going to be 6'3+ 230lbs of solid muscle, and probably run a 4.4 forty. I think people will think "D.K 2.0" and jump on him earlier than we think...probably mid 2nd round.

He didnt show much of anything until this year, but he put on a show this year. His size/speed combo is very rare

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same...although Legette may absolutely destroy the combine. Hes going to be 6'3+ 230lbs of solid muscle, and probably run a 4.4 forty. I think people will think "D.K 2.0" and jump on him earlier than we think...probably mid 2nd round.

He didnt show much of anything until this year, but he put on a show this year. His size/speed combo is very rare
You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He was 6'1" at the Senior Bowl. People are seeing him physically more like AJ Brown.

Again if he's there in the 3rd round I wouldnt hate it. Maybe we'd move Wilson to the slot if we get MHJ at 4.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If you just saw snippets of Leggette this year you’d think he was WR1. He’s an older prospect but the guy is enormously talented.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is not a negative, but he needs to produce again. Doesn't need to match last season, but I have followed this team long enough to know that sustained success is rare. McBride can start by winning the job in training camp (unlike last year :)).
Are you thinking there is a question on his starter status?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you just saw snippets of Leggette this year you’d think he was WR1. He’s an older prospect but the guy is enormously talented.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I luv this kid. I’ll take a flyer on his QB as well:)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Legette was measured at the Senior Bowl 6'1 223.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22